Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinegratefulgere
Master of Appearance
Male

Sunburn/melanoma
    #301753 - 10/22/09 10:39 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

So I spend alot of time in my grow room with 1000 watt HPS lights.  Its getting cold here, and its the warmest place in my house.  I have begun to wear polarized sunglasses.  Should I be wearing sunscreen?  I don't want to get skin cancer or sunburn.  Is this a possibility?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMasterHerbalist
MH:Jahsun
Male User Gallery

Loc: middle a
Re: Sunburn/melanoma [Re: gratefulgere]
    #301770 - 10/22/09 11:34 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

You will need to reply with some pics of your room or I will have nothing to base my conclusion on.

Castor oil massage two days, Olive oil massage two days, Wheat germ oil massage two days, and rest one the 7th day. Massage the oil all over the body and lay in the sun for 1-2 minutes if you can. Do this as many weeks as it takes to heal. A good diet exercise and this is your fix to if you ever get melanoma or epidermis mutations, So don't worry about it!

Besides those pictures, cancer is always possible, the real factor is your health, diet, excercise, heredity etc. You've got cancer in you right now, weather you allow your body to let it cleanse itself or deposit this mutation is up to you.

So what I am saying is if your a normal health-careless person, don't worry you'll get colon or lung cancer years prior to skin. I bet your skin is barely functioning anyways. :laugh: Just be happy &or don't worry!

Edited by MasterHerbalist (10/22/09 11:53 AM)

Offlinegratefulgere
Master of Appearance
Male

Re: Sunburn/melanoma [Re: MasterHerbalist]
    #301790 - 10/22/09 12:14 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

MasterHerbalist, your post is a little distressing honestly.  Why would my skin barely be functioning?  I don't plan on getting any kind of cancer, lung skin or prostate.  I drink Kombucha on the regular, and smoke buds as a preventive measure.  I work out 3-5 times a week.  I did grow up drinking Jersey tap water, but I'm not in Jersey anymore.

I usually stay in my veg side.  It's 12'x12'x10' with 2 1000 watt HPS.  I will start putting on sunscreen if I plan on being in there for an extended period of time.

Thanks for the response.

Offlinetophernotsocool
Friend of Earth
Male

Loc: Milky Way Galaxy
Re: Sunburn/melanoma [Re: gratefulgere]
    #301818 - 10/22/09 01:21 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

ive spent hours getting high and laughing within multi-HID grow rooms theres never been a problem.. unless your skin is snow white.

--------------------
"and take me disappearing, through the smoke rings of my mind,
down the foggy ruins of time, far past the frozen leaves,
the haunted frightened trees, out to the windy beach,
far from the twisted reach, of crazy sorrow.
yes the dance, beneath the diamond sky, with one hand waving free,
silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands,
with all memory and fate, driven deep beneath the waves,
let me forget about today, until tomorrow."~bob dylan

Offlinegrogan
 User Gallery

Re: Sunburn/melanoma [Re: tophernotsocool]
    #301860 - 10/22/09 02:56 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I have not been able to find anything thats accurate on this topic.. I would advise at least sun glasses, polorized, and minimize exposure.

For longer times a low spf might not be a bad idea if your worried.. if not fry it up..

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies