Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePFA
the guy with the thing
Male User Gallery

Loc: this is...Magyarorszag!!!
setting up for my first SOG care to help me out?
    #291609 - 10/04/09 03:23 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

hey guys, heres a little background:

im going for 1st SOG, and its pretty much my first indoor grow too. i had some problems with the neighbors this summer they complained about my outdoor setup so i have to do something about this indoor...
i got a 600W hps flowering room also a 70w hps chamber for my bonsai mums and a starter cab (flo's) for clones seeds and the like(will include pics a some point)... anyway-so i had these 2 bubblegum ladies outside which i had to pull- they both looked like twins and were vigourous beasts, and smelled wonderful- so i decided to try my hand with bonsai... now this is my mum   shes really tiny, about the size of my hand- but shes giving me problems-problems that are problematic...i have her on bonsai nutes 20-20-20...but shes purpling hard and the leaves are very pallid not the lush green of the plant she was cut frum. now im sure alot of u are like "you cant SOG with that"...and i know this-which is why i have another clone flowering right now to buy me time until i can get this mom producing as she should/and to give me an estimate of whut i can expect per plant...also i never saw her predecessors flower out because they needed to be pulled but again they were beautiful monsters so i think the genes are good- but we'll see at the end of flowering... oh one more thing shes being trained not topped should i be doing otherwise, maybe a combination of both?

shes on 20/4 lighting sched and being watered every 2-4 days when the peat is dry...

what do you guys suggest? also if she can be helped how long before u guys think i can put her to use...sorry im not the best photographer and phones arent the best cameras

--------------------
"apparently u cant do shit"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTexasToker
Grower of Cannabis
Male

Loc: Texas
Re: setting up for my first SOG care to help me out? [Re: PFA]
    #291632 - 10/04/09 09:44 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Here is some useful info for you about your nutes.  I think you are dosing her a bit much.

From the 'net.

The general care and maintenance for fully formed mother plants.

The Mums need just enough fertilizer to keep them healthy. Feed of half strength fertilizer twice a month, using say a 6-2-4 fish mix as about right [its not critical]! This keeps them in good general health but doesn't over feed them. If you want faster production at any point change to a full strength feed once or twice. Every 2 to 4 weeks a new batch of cuttings are taken even if they are not needed and just put in the worm bin. You can think of it as being like having to mow the lawn and keeps the mum the same size and form for years. Because so much is taken away they can get short of macro nutrients so every month or so give them a foliage spray using maxicrop. Judge this by how the plants are looking not by a time table.

One of the main things that all growers need to learn is regular close observation. To know when they are healthy and need nothing to the first signs of deficiencies appearing. The one thing they may run short of is magnesium even if dolomite lime is used in the compost, this is easily dealt with by one watering plus a foliage spray, using 1 ounce of Epsom salts dissolved in a gallon of water.

They will need root pruning once or twice a year. This depends on how intensively they are fed and how good your water quality is. Despite what is normally quoted it is virtually impossible to flush out salt build up from a root ball. A temporary over fertilization yes but the gradual crystallization of salts and carbonate deposits no! If your water supply is heavily contaminated with minerals I recommend a small Reverse-Osmosis filter to clean your water for both your Mums and your production plants.

Also I think the training a mother is more beneficial than topping.  You can do some selective pruning to make her fill out more, in turn giving more possible clones/cuttings.

Remember the idea of SOG is to literally cram as many plants in your area that your light will allow.  Underbrush trimming can be very useful since the canopy takes most of the light and the leaves that get no/little light do little for the overall photosynthesis of teh plant.

--------------------
"Penalties against possession of a drug should not be more damaging to an individual than the use of the drug itself; and where they are, they should be changed. Nowhere is this more clear than in the laws against possession of marihuana in private for personal use... Therefore, I support legislation amending Federal law to eliminate all Federal criminal penalties for the possession of up to one ounce of marihuana."
- Jimmy Carter, U.S. President quote on Marijuana

Edited by TexasToker (10/04/09 09:50 AM)

OfflinePFA
the guy with the thing
Male User Gallery

Loc: this is...Magyarorszag!!!
Re: setting up for my first SOG care to help me out? [Re: TexasToker]
    #291659 - 10/04/09 11:19 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

thanx alot bro i appreciate the input- but i forgot to mention that i just started feeding her this week.and by that i mean at all. shes about 3 weeks old now (i havent been really keeping track)...so she has had in total 1 feed (i also put one of those guano stick things in there at this same time)and this was 3 days ago...thanks for the heads up on the feeding im usually a light feeder myself (honey water :wink:) but wudda been far more frequent than every 2-4 weeks...

--------------------
"apparently u cant do shit"

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale