Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleTripityDooDaDay
Male User Gallery

Wild Muscadine find.
    #284526 - 09/22/09 05:14 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

One of these tasty treats popped me in the head while I was out riding one of my 4 wheelers yesterday. They grow all over the place here but unless human managed it's rare to find them low to the ground and easy to pick like these were. Their is a ton more in that spot too. Enough to make a good 10 gallons or more of sweet Muscadine wine. I'm pretty good at that too. Will definitely be returning to that spot in the next couple of days.

I've got these growing all around the edges of my yard as well but the only ones that ever fruit like this are up in the tree tops. I've been meaning to set up a little vineyard of them that I can manage better. I need to get on this.

I'm pretty good at distilling too but have never taken Muscadines that far. Anyone ever try it?

It's a fairly unique grape for any who are unfamiliar with them. They have very thick and tough purple to black hulls. Generally to eat one you squeeze it so that the insides pop out of the hull into your mouth. They are very sweet naturally.

Wine made from them has a taste all of it's own that doesn't really resemble any other that I can think of. The closest would be a Concord I Guess but these are much better imo.

It's best served ice cold. A glass of it always makes me think immediately back to summers as a little boy growing up on my grandparents farm.

We had a few crepe myrtle trees that grew in the yard and always hung heavy with very old Muscadine vines. Every year when they ripened, several of my aunts and uncles would spread sheets below the trees, climb them and shake the grapes loose. My Grandmother used them to make some delicious preserves.

Memories... :grin:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

Re: Wild Muscadine find. [Re: TripityDooDaDay]
    #284529 - 09/22/09 05:25 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

cool.  i've never heard of them.  how do they propagate, big seeds in the fruit?

--------------------
"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded." - Abraham Lincoln

"There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil
to one who is striking at the root"
~ Henry D. Thoreau
Strike The Root
                                                                                      :gethigh:

InvisibleSimisuM
Male User Gallery

Loc: Israeli in Flag
Re: Wild Muscadine find. [Re: Yrat]
    #284594 - 09/22/09 10:50 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

me neither, but looks yummy!

there's nothing like picking your own fruit, most people just walk by and don't bother, some even grow huge fruit trees in their back yard and let the fruits fall and rot :shrug:

:thumbup:

--------------------
It's a WEED man!

InvisibleTripityDooDaDay
Male User Gallery

Re: Wild Muscadine find. [Re: Yrat]
    #284674 - 09/22/09 12:14 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Yup. Seeds it is. The seeds are not bad either when eaten with the grape.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck