Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

PhytoExtractum Shop: Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ketamine Flag
If you like hendrix and emerson, lake, and palmer click here!
    #230005 - 05/21/09 05:13 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

ok i read a few months ago that while hendrix was still jammin.....Emerson, lake, and palmer came to "mitch Mitchell" (the drummer for hendrix) and asked if he wanted to play with them as a band.......mitch didnt want to so he told hendrix.......and they asked hendrix if he wanted to play lead gutair for their band.....he said  that sounded kool because his band "was getting a little old" ......so he said lets get together a play in a few months......and whad'ya know hendrix died......so if you know who each of them are then you know how awsome that would be......they would have called the band "HELP" ....hendrix, emerson, lake, and palmer.....i couldnt imagine hendrix awsome gutair skills mixed with kieth emersons impossible organ playing.....HELP would have been a psychedelic supergroup.....that could have changed history.....greg lake the guitarist and singer said he would have moved to playing mostley bass............. just letting you fellow growers know if anybody cares at all....cuz i know im shocked and cant believe it.....i wonder what they would be doing if he hadent died:sad:........well anyway heres a qoute from wikipedia.....
Quote:

Before settling on Carl Palmer, who at that time was a member of Atomic Rooster, they approached Mitch Mitchell of The Jimi Hendrix Experience. Mitchell was uninterested but passed the idea to Jimi Hendrix. Hendrix, tired of his band and wanting to try something different, expressed an interest in playing with the group. Since Emerson and Lake had settled on Palmer by then, this led the British press to speculate about a supergroup called HELP, or "Hendrix, Emerson, Lake & Palmer".[2]. Because of scheduling conflicts, such plans were not immediately realised, but the initial three planned a jam session with Hendrix after their second concert at the Isle of Wight Festival (their debut being in The Guildhall, Plymouth on Sunday 23 August 1970 at 7.30pm - with the band "Earth" as support), with the possibility of him joining. Hendrix died shortly thereafter, and the three pressed on as Emerson, Lake and Palmer.

Greg Lake made this comment on ELP's discussions with Hendrix:

"Yeah, that story is indeed true, to some degree...Mitch Mitchell had told Jimi about us and he said he wanted to explore the idea. Even after Mitch was long out of the picture and we had already settled on Carl, talk about working with Jimi continued. We were supposed to get together and jam with him around August or September of 1970, but he died before we could put it together."

if you dont know ELP is heres a song you probably know.....

and a few different ones....

and of course hendrix!

R.I.P. Jimi Hendrix

Edited by Dr. Siekadellyk (05/21/09 05:17 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Truthfully, I'm a bullshitter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greenbow, Alabama
Re: If you like hendrix and emerson, lake, and palmer click here! [Re: Dr. Siekadellyk]
    #230084 - 05/21/09 08:50 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

wasn't the way it was spose to happen...clapton was spose to be on the plane srv died on :shrug: told him to take his spot. and then he said i hope your plane crashes in a joking way. shits crazy

--------------------

Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: If you like hendrix and emerson, lake, and palmer click here! [Re: FarBeyondDriven]
    #230113 - 05/21/09 09:43 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

FarBeyondDriven said:
wasn't the way it was spose to happen...clapton was spose to be on the plane srv died on :shrug: told him to take his spot. and then he said i hope your plane crashes in a joking way. shits crazy

:strokebeard:do explain more? who is "srv"? and how did clapton come into play?:lol:

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Male User Gallery

Re: If you like hendrix and emerson, lake, and palmer click here! [Re: Dr. Siekadellyk]
    #230115 - 05/21/09 09:47 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

SRV is stevie ray vaughan, who is dead now.  eric clapton was supposed to have his spot on the plane (died in plane crash).  being friends, eric offered his seat to SRV, and jokingly said, "i hope your plane crashes."

you ever heard of stevie ray vaughan? lol

--------------------

Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: If you like hendrix and emerson, lake, and palmer click here! [Re: FarBeyondDriven]
    #230124 - 05/21/09 10:02 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

o yeah definately he's just not one of the main people in my music collection...

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Male User Gallery

#230160 - 05/22/09 01:50 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

oh man, he was a genius. definetly in the clapton, dimebag, jimmy page, and all the other greats' class. he was one of a kind for sure. check him out some more man, might hear something you didn't hear the first time.

--------------------

InvisibleGetTheFuckOut
Long Gone.
 User Gallery

#230189 - 05/22/09 04:21 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

hmmm

interesting.

--------------------
Let the faggots have it all.  Keep the shit.

Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #230259 - 05/22/09 08:58 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

FarBeyondDriven said:
oh man, he was a genius. definetly in the clapton, dimebag, jimmy page, and all the other greats' class. he was one of a kind for sure. check him out some more man, might hear something you didn't hear the first time.

yeah iv'e heard him do a cover of voodoo child once and it was really good..........OMG HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF ROBIN TROWER!....

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Male User Gallery

#230580 - 05/22/09 03:20 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

dude check into HIS shit...he's a fuckin genius. and maybe ive heard the name before, not sure

--------------------

Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #230689 - 05/22/09 11:24 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

i will man.......and trower is like hendrix kind of good (really old too).....ill post something on him sometime soon.....

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Male User Gallery

#230723 - 05/23/09 12:51 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

do that, id like to hear more about him.  you vouched so he better be sick or it's goin down  :box:

--------------------

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Re: If you like hendrix and emerson, lake, and palmer click here! (moved) [Re: Dr. Siekadellyk]
    #283626 - 09/20/09 10:50 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

This thread was moved from The Smoke Lounge.

Reason:
populating the forum

Jump to top Pages: 1

PhytoExtractum Shop: Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder