Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild & Free
Wake n' Bake Tunes
    #278255 - 09/10/09 06:31 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

--------------------
"Je pense, donc je suis (I am thinking, therefore I am)." -Rene Descartes

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
Re: Wake n' Bake Tunes [Re: Thebooedocksaint]
    #278260 - 09/10/09 08:19 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Whooa god damn too heavy for me at 9 AM...Shit wasn't expecting that. I'm high as shit. :indian:

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Invisiblestill beLIEve
State Property..Again
Male

Loc: a world thats not my own
Re: Wake n' Bake Tunes [Re: mhbound]
    #278276 - 09/10/09 09:26 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

playstations 299 now

--------------------
niteowl said:
See, that term pedo gets thrown around a lot.
Is a 16 year old guy having sex w/a 16 year old girl a pedophile?
If not, then how is a 30 year old considered a pedophile for doing the same thing?
I think y'all need to look up the definition for pedophile.

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Re: Wake n' Bake Tunes [Re: still beLIEve]
    #278283 - 09/10/09 09:52 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Yea but don't they have something missing in them

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Invisiblestill beLIEve
State Property..Again
Male

Loc: a world thats not my own
    #278286 - 09/10/09 10:17 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

i dont know! i just watched the commercials!

--------------------
niteowl said:
See, that term pedo gets thrown around a lot.
Is a 16 year old guy having sex w/a 16 year old girl a pedophile?
If not, then how is a 30 year old considered a pedophile for doing the same thing?
I think y'all need to look up the definition for pedophile.

OfflineNever_A_Frown
Primate #1
Male
    #278289 - 09/10/09 10:30 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

mhbound said:
Yea but don't they have something missing in them

no.  They are the new slim ones with 120 GB hard drives. Fucking awesome.

I am going to get myself one next paycheck.

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Re: Wake n' Bake Tunes [Re: Never_A_Frown]
    #278290 - 09/10/09 10:35 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Build Quality / Differences:

Needless to say, the first Playstation 3 unit is a beast; measuring close to 4 inches tall at its thickest point, 12.75 inches wide and 11 inches deep , it has a difficult time finding enough space to receive ample breathing space in any home theater arrangement.  Users can find ample placement, but there was always the concern of overheating the unit when considering the heat generated from a combination of all the components at play – receiver, plasma screen, etc.  When the temperature spiked, the Playstation 3 mirrored something akin to a jet engine with its volume of sound coming from the fan.  With those factors under consideration, and under the right conditions, the thicker PS3 could be kept cool and relatively quiet for longer gaming / movie screening sessions.  Rarely did the comparison PS3 unit for this review, the 20 GB system, ever pop up with an overheat message over several years of use – even though it had its moments where it sounded like it was ready to blast into orbit.

The slim PS3 – measuring a little over 3 inches high, 11 inches wide, and about 11 and a half  inches deep, going further back than the thick PS3 -- stands as an attractive upgrade over its thicker predecessor, sporting a grainy matte-style coating over most of the unit that removes the sheen that the older systems carried.  Fingerprints can be kept at a minimum due to this thoughtful exclusion, except on the right and left flat sides of the system that still carry the glossy finish.  Though more attractive in these eyes (beauty is, of course, in the eye of the beholder), it’s obvious that the framework isn’t either as thick or sturdy as the previous system.  As a nice touch, the new PS3 logo has been etched into the top.  Yep, you can say goodbye to the Spider-Man font embossed in silver across the entire length and welcome a simple emblem on the top.  For those curious, the Playstation symbol underneath the loading tray cannot be rotated like other models.  Whether that’s a clear indicator over whether the PS3 should be on its side or laying flat isn’t certain, but it’s a suggestive “nudge” in the right direction. 

Design elements start to shift from purely aesthetic to more usable applications at the front of the system.  For starters, the silver lining that separated the 60, 80, and 160 GB systems from the 20GB system has been removed; once again, the PS3 has reverted back to a jet black front with no silver to be seen.  It’s a minor yet attractive feature when considering the unit as a piece of home theater equipment, since the solid dark property of the unit makes it soak into a room’s darkness.  Also, instead of the touch-registry sensors that control the Eject and Power On / Off functions, actual buttons have been put in place.  Though no issue arose with not being able to push a sensor and get the desired result from the previous system, it’s nice to both feel the button and hear that “click” underneath your fingertips – sort of like feeling that sting from disinfectant ointment when putting it on a cut.  Instead of having to hold down a nonexistent, head-sensing button like the previous models, a quick press of the snap Power On / Off button controls the power.

To the bottom-left of the unit sit two USB ports (not four, but two), primarily available as charge stations for the controllers.  However, they’re also ports for portable thumb / hard drives and as ports for web cameras and other USB devices.  Though nearly fully-functional USB ports, a USB network adapter cannot be used to hook the PS3 unit online.  However, if you choose to keep the PS3 offline, firmware updates can be downloaded onto portable devices and plugged into the unit for easy uploading.  Furthermore, images and mp3 files can be accessed through these ports.  Disappointingly, an SD card reader has not been included with these new models, as have any extra USB ports in the rear (ideal for other items, like the Playstation Eye).

Shipping with the 120 GB system is one of Sony’s DUALSHOCK 3 / SIXAXIS controllers.  Featuring the company’s signature four-button system with geometric shapes etched into each button, it’s fairly easy to use and compatible as a remote for the PS3’s Blu-ray technology.  If the controller doesn’t suit your fancy, then a Bluetooth Playstation 3 remote is also available for purchase (at a list price of $25).  Bear in mind that Sony’s unit doesn’t have an infrared sensor, which negates the opportunity to simply use the universal remote of your choice (though adapters have become available over the past year).  Though the rumble feature might not jive with every gamer (able to be toggled On / Off), the added weight from the weighted spindles in the handles gives it a nice center of gravity.

When taking a look at the rear of the slim PS3, one difference will immediately stand out.  Instead of the three-pronged AC cord most commonly used with computer systems that became commonplace on thePS3 models, Sony have shifted back to a two-pronged AC adapter with no power brick.  It’ll make the process of purchasing replacement cables a little easier and possibly cheaper, yet it brings up some concerns regarding the temperature of the unit and how strong it’ll handle a power current.  Also, Sony decided to not include the power switch at the rear of the unit.  It’s a surprising choice since they’ve included this switch on the back of both PS2 systems and on the first PS3 models, but not one that’s either a positive or negative.  Considered as a security measure for when the unit won’t be used for a prolonged period of time, or as a quick switch-off during a thunderstorm, the PS3 will now have to perpetually sit in Standby Mode when plugged into the wall outlet.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

OfflineNever_A_Frown
Primate #1
Male
    #278291 - 09/10/09 10:41 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

So it's missing a few minor things that I would not care about.

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Re: Wake n' Bake Tunes [Re: Never_A_Frown]
    #278292 - 09/10/09 10:42 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Yea I thought it was more than that..I might actually get one now.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

OfflineNobodyImportant
Science Is Subculture
Male User Gallery

Loc: Jawjuh.
    #278300 - 09/10/09 11:22 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Do it, playstations rock :laugh:

Get Call of Duty 4 too

or Resistance 2

then add me ..... my PSN ID is ... Not_Good_At_This

add meh.

--------------------
:bonghit:
Glass By: US Tubes, ZOB, Roor.de, Sheldon Black, Jerome Baker, Medicali, Kennaroo, Sand, Alex K, Local and Unknown Artists

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals