Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

The organic myth * 2
    #262585 - 08/10/09 06:01 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Ok, I posted this in the cultivation forum but it seems to fit here too so I'll just leave it here for a day or two then get rid of it.

Ok, I have been growing since the mid 80’s and the entire time I’ve heard how organic bud is better tasting and such. I always felt that this was true just cause when you listen to why it is suppose to be better then buds grown with synthetics or chemical nutrients it seems to make sense. Then I saw this show called bullshit with Penn and Teller and the subject was organic food. I saw the test that they did and I just had to do em with buds.
Well the test was done at 3 different clubs and with a group of growers in Mendocino County. The strain used was Granddaddy Purple.
People were allowed to try free samples of organic grown and buds grown with General Hydroponics nutrients. Flora Nova and Kool Blooms.
Now the samples
2 plates of buds with labels showing but the buds switched. Organic buds in the hydro plate and hydro buds in the organic plate. 2 plates with no labels and the buds were in the right plate. Then for fun (he he he ) two sets of plates one with organic buds in both plates and one with hydro buds in both plates.

The results.
Buds in the right plate but no labels showing  73% of people picked the hydro buds as better tasting and smoking buds.

Buds in the plates with the labels showing but with the buds switched 87% picked the organic side with the hydro buds in the plate. (Even so far as going and saying they can taste the soil then getting very pissed when shown the bud they picked)

Then the same buds divided into two and put into labeled plates. So what I mean here is buds from the same plant put into two plates with different labels to see if anybody would notice. In both sets of plates 87% of people again picked the Organic as better tasting in both sets even though it was the same bud divided into two plates. I heard comments on how the organic tasted “earthy cleaner, less salty, and one who insisted that the organic buds burnt better then got pissed when told he picked hydro in every instance.

Both sets of buds were flushed for one week before harvesting.

Conclusion is that properly grown hydro buds seems to be as good in every way as organic buds.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Re: The organic myth [Re: Magash]
    #262645 - 08/10/09 12:46 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

:awesome:

I never tested it like that but I have always prefered hydro to organic myself.

--------------------
:getstoned:

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild & Free
Re: The organic myth [Re: Stoneth]
    #262656 - 08/10/09 12:56 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

anyone I have ever talked to always told me hydro makes the best weed. :confused:

--------------------
"Je pense, donc je suis (I am thinking, therefore I am)." -Rene Descartes

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
    #262687 - 08/10/09 01:37 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:

Conclusion is that properly grown hydro buds seems to be as good in every way as organic buds.

Except when it comes to the planet we inhabit.  So from what I gathered you did a soil and hydro grow?  Why not do them both hydroponically but use the GH nutes in one and then organic nutes in the other one?  I would think that the differences in those two would bring out more of the differences between the nutes used.  I mean ultimately this is about the nutrients and since in a soil grow nutes are delivered in the soil I would think that that would just primarily illustrate the differences between a soil and hydro grow.  Maybe I misunderstood though.  I run a hydro system and was thinking about using organic nutes to get the best of both worlds.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Re: The organic myth [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #263018 - 08/10/09 08:30 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I took a year off from chem hydro growing and did organic hydro. With the proper flush there isn't a difference that anybody can tell the difference. To tell the truth the only real difference is the amount of crap that grows in the reservoir.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineFrozenReality
 User Gallery

#263023 - 08/10/09 08:37 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Re: The organic myth [Re: FrozenReality]
    #263034 - 08/10/09 08:51 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks Frozen!  You saved me some effort.  I was going to check it out.  I have their weed episode and really like it.  I like that big guy.  This was an interesting read Magash, thanks!  hydro>all

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineFrozenReality
 User Gallery

Re: The organic myth [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #263060 - 08/10/09 10:07 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Penn is the big guy. Their show in las vegas is amazing by the way. I got to meet them both in person. It was kinda weird having teller actually talk to me though cause when he performs he never talks at all. The only thing i buy that is organic is fresh herbs cause you cant get fresh herbs that arent organic lol. Other than that I go for the food that there is more of, looks better, tastes better, and costs less and is proven to be just as healthy for you as organic.. I'm sure the same goes with weed too.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds