Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCorporateMunkie

Google Earth
    #24537 - 05/10/08 12:46 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I just wanna say that this has let me find some of the most choice grow spots possible.

I look for water systems and open areas in the middle of the woods. This let me find some mini swamp lands and ponds in the middle of nowhere.

You can get an amazing amount of detail as far as whether it is solid ground, marshland, swamp,etc...

Problem is, twice now I have come across other people's grow spots doing this. A few homemade sheriff's cards pinned to trees should help clear that up :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineEvan
Medical Marvel

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Google Earth [Re: CorporateMunkie]
    #24625 - 05/10/08 08:38 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I love google earth, I used to use it to find cow pastures in georgia to do mushroom hunting. Its funny that if you look around Northern California alot of it is blocked by google earth. You can find numereous grows throughout the state though.

InvisibleCaptainKirk
Sailing the Seas of Cheese

Re: Google Earth (moved) [Re: CorporateMunkie]
    #24727 - 05/10/08 09:54 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

This thread was moved from Marijuana Cultivation.

Reason:
better suited for the outdoor forum

OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

Re: Google Earth (moved) [Re: CaptainKirk]
    #25744 - 05/11/08 05:45 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

:thumbup:

this is how i found my current plot

it's funny how many strange spots you can find so close that you never knew were there.  once i found this huge open looking area about a mile through the woods from an old house of mine.  when i finally got out there i found it to be a huge open swamp, but someone had built a firing range there, with dozens of targets and thousands of shells lying around on the ground.  needless to say i wasn't going to be trekking around in that field during the summer.

--------------------
"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded." - Abraham Lincoln

"There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil
to one who is striking at the root"
~ Henry D. Thoreau
Strike The Root
                                                                                      :gethigh:

InvisibleMeroMero
 User Gallery

Re: Google Earth (moved) [Re: Yrat]
    #27124 - 05/12/08 12:47 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

hey guys

i got a few seeds of my own germinating. Im curious, I dont understand how you go about these grow sites. How do you get to the area without getting busted with soil and shit like that. Do you have to make multiple trips? taking the soil bit by bit.

I know to choose an area close to a water source. But do you actualy take a galon or watering pale and make trips to water. I just think its a huge hastle and if some dumb fuck sees you its all for nothing. then lets say all goes to plan, how would you go about taking your crop from the site. I guess im just paranoid, i realy want a guerrilla grow.

--------------------
DRUGS, responsible for teaching America the metric system.

Invisiblemaggotz

Re: Google Earth (moved) [Re: MeroMero]
    #27272 - 05/12/08 03:25 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

if you really want a guerrilla grow you're gonna have to work for it. the location you choose is crucial and will directly affect the amount of work you have to do.

a secluded location usually involves longer walking distances and/or difficult terrain. you can pick an easy-to-get-to spot but if it's easy for you to get there it probably means it's easier for other people to get there too, so you're judgement and common sense are a key element.

Quote:

I know to choose an area close to a water source. But do you actualy take a galon or watering pale and make trips to water.

the water isn't going to get to your plants by itself unless you develop some kind of irrigation system or it rains. an irrigation system can be a lot of work initially but you won't have to be carrying water every time your plants need it. but if you're not smart about it, the stealth factor might be compromised. so again, common sense is key.

OfflineCorporateMunkie

Re: Google Earth (moved) *DELETED* [Re: MeroMero]
    #27831 - 05/12/08 07:09 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

moo?

Edited by CorporateMunkie (11/26/09 12:02 PM)

InvisibleMeroMero
 User Gallery

Re: Google Earth (moved) [Re: CorporateMunkie]
    #28258 - 05/13/08 12:42 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

fucken google earth! its not working for me.

location for me will be land right off a massive lake. for now i want to keep the plants to a minimum so if i do mess up i wont lose much. I got some Biko II sativa phenos, kalichakra and a cross between skunk and haze. Im guessing the skunk would only atract attention so thats out.

Would a book bag be bad? i cant think of a way to get water bottles or a gallon there. For now i just want to plant like five just to get the hang of it. this will be a good use of my males just for practice. il eventualy move up.

--------------------

InvisibleMeroMero
 User Gallery

Re: Google Earth (moved) [Re: MeroMero]
    #36836 - 05/22/08 03:59 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Anybody get an "unexpected error" message? Wont let me use it.

--------------------

Edited by MeroMero (05/22/08 07:14 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds