Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineIntegra21
Up and coming Farmer

Trusted Cultivator
Need Help Desperately !
    #238676 - 06/11/09 05:22 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I am having a big problem with a few plants that i moved from my dwc veg tub to my flower tub. I had 5 plants in my veg tub, but while changing the nutrient solution i saw the roots were growing together in a big mess of a ball. I knew i had to get them out of there before it was too late. So i gently removed them 1 at a time starting with the 2 in the front row. The gave me little problems, and came apart fairly easy with no damage. When it came to the back row, which had 3 plants, it was a mess. I got 1 of them out with a rather forceful rocking motion which may have cause unseen damage to the root ball, but it wasn't obvious if there was any. The las 2 were the real problem, and i tried my hardest, but could not get the roots seperated. A got as many seperated as i could, but there was a small cluster that just wouldnt let go of eachother and i made a drastic decision to go half way between the plants an cut the remaining roots. Tey didnt seem to mind the first day, but now another day and a half later, fan leaves in random areas of the plants are curling up in a taco shell fashion with the sides and tips turing a dark, crispy brown. At first i thought it was light burn, but it is on randow upper and lower branches so this didnt seem like the culprit. Then i though a possible nutrient problem, but the other 4 plants in the same tub are showing no signs of problems. I dont want to loose half my crop, so does any one know of a solution or what the real problem might be. I thinking it is root related, but i am not sure. What i cut was between 10-15% of the root batt of the 2 plants, but couldn't have been more than the last few inches of the actual roots for each plant. Pleas Save Me!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibletravelleler
New and used cannabis seeds!!!

Re: Need Help Desperately ! [Re: Integra21]
    #238699 - 06/11/09 06:44 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I had this exact same symptom on one of my mother plants which is growing in potted soil.  I since have begun using FILTERED water which illiminates excessive TDS from my house tap water.  Then I flushed thorughly with FloraKleen and waited a while before re-introducing a fert to the pots.

since you are using hydro for this crop you might try a complete flush and res/change.  after flushing with plain h2o and flushing solution plus a little very diluted fert solution you might start to SLOWLY introduce the flowering ferts a little at a time so you don't shock the babies...  and remove any/all of the dead leaves.

that's what I'd do.  Ususally whent he leaves start to show signs of a nutrient deficiency/toxicity like that the only thing to do it FLUSH FLUSH FLUSH and then make sure your nute PH and res PH is proper and then slowly give them back the ferts.

let us know what you decide to do and how it works out!

--------------------
So, in summation: The CIA, with a little help from the Nazis, accidentally helped invent hippies while they were trying to figure out how to brainwash communists.

Pour that on your granola and eat it, you zombie pinko bastards!"

OfflineIntegra21
Up and coming Farmer

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Need Help Desperately ! [Re: travelleler]
    #238706 - 06/11/09 06:55 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

But 7 plants are sharing the same tub, and only the 3 that had their roots tangled badly are showing signs, 4 others are all healthy from top to bottom. If it was nutrients, i would assume they would all show deficiency or at least all of that strain. This was my first hydro transplant, and when i moved from a 3.5" net pot to a 5.5" i coiled the root ball at the bottom of the pot in a soft serve ice cream style. Then filled the pot with hydrotron to steady the smaller pot. Could the coiled up root ball being all contained in the pot cause this problem? Even though the whole root ball is in the pot, it is still completely submerged.

Invisibletravelleler
New and used cannabis seeds!!!

Re: Need Help Desperately ! [Re: Integra21]
    #241057 - 06/19/09 07:09 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I suppose it could sort of make the plant feel rootbound.  if it's all hydro then no need to put in bigger pots right?  as long as roots get plenty of air/water/nutes they will be healthy.  Maybe it's a sign of damping-off due to the confined roots I dunno really just guessing now.  how are they doing??

--------------------
So, in summation: The CIA, with a little help from the Nazis, accidentally helped invent hippies while they were trying to figure out how to brainwash communists.

Pour that on your granola and eat it, you zombie pinko bastards!"

OfflineIntegra21
Up and coming Farmer

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Need Help Desperately ! [Re: travelleler]
    #241099 - 06/19/09 11:59 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Roots have grown out of the pots at a fast rate, and all problems have stopped and it has started to repair the damage. growth has also taken off again.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains