Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinefarmerjoe
Stranger

clones have been outside for one week...and are now trying to flower.
    #237685 - 06/08/09 05:08 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

So I have a handful of ak 47 clones...I thought that gradually conditioning them to darkness was the right thing to do. I slowly increased the darkness up to 6 hours in a 2 week period using 30 min increments...my girls have been out for roughly more than a week and now appear to be flowering. I have pruned the flowers and I was informed by an old timer that they should snap out of flowering once the flowers were snipped. Where I am located we're getting around 7.5 to 8 hours of darkness at night.  Soooooooo....can anyone help out a fellow farmer?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: clones have been outside for one week...and are now trying to flower. [Re: farmerjoe]
    #237686 - 06/08/09 05:15 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

well if they're outside, they're pretty much going to do whatever mother nature tells them to. It's pretty weird that they're flowering right now though, since the longest day of the year will be upon us in less than 3 weeks.

I would assume they will stop flowering now, but if they don't.... then I guess enjoy your tasty weed :shrug:

--------------------

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: clones have been outside for one week...and are now trying to flower. [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #237715 - 06/08/09 06:27 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

The question isn't how many hours of darkness they're getting, it is: in the location you have them outside, how long do they receive full sunlight each day?
Also, I understand that you are slowly "conditioning" your plants to darkness (which isn't actually all that beneficial or necessary), but did they start out on a 24 hour light cycle? If so, methinks you have exposed it to a "critical dark period" for that particular strain (or do you possibly have an autoflowering ak47?).
Finally, snipping off the flowers doesn't change the chemical messages being sent that are telling the plant to flower, unless you change the stimulus that is causing the flowering, it will continue to do so.
I suggest significantly increasing the daily light exposure; be aware that there have been so many environmental changes that your plant might hermi.
My 2 cents.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

Offlinefarmerjoe
Stranger

Re: clones have been outside for one week...and are now trying to flower. [Re: 81renaissance]
    #237762 - 06/08/09 08:51 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks for the quick feed back...I get between 6-7 hrs of sunlight a day...which I have read will suffice. I think I will leave it be and see what happens. One thing for sure is these fuckers love the direct sun...they grew  3 inches in a week...I am stoked.    Anyone ever use algae extract? I am having incredible results.... I also picked up something called revive at my local hydro shop...I have read else where that it does a great job bringing the hormone levels back to normal and stabilizes soil during a nute lock...anyone purchased or used any of these products?  Oh and yes I had the a lights at 24 hrs up until 2 weeks prior to planting... and I have yet to hear of Auto Flowering ak 47...fill me in when you have the time...I am a lil new to the scientific approach to cultivation...hook it up bro I wanna learn!

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: clones have been outside for one week...and are now trying to flower. [Re: farmerjoe]
    #238012 - 06/09/09 02:09 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I just realized that you said you were growing from clones...its not an autoflowering strain cuz you can't clone autoflowering plants.
Sorry.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order