Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineBulkBread

Why You Shouldn't Breed Pitbulls
    #214496 - 04/10/09 08:11 PM (15 years, 12 days ago)

Why Not To Breed 'Pitbulls'

"Did you know that "Pit Bulls" are currently the number one bred dog in the United States? Ironically, they are also one of the hardest breeds to find homes. It is estimated that there is a current average of 3 million "Pit Bulls" living in the United States and only 1 in 600 will successfully find a "forever" home. Sadly, for every 1 "Pit Bull" placed in a loving home there are 599 killed. Shockingly, that statistic unfortunately does not exclude puppies!
Roughly 200 "Pit Bulls" are killed each day in Los Angeles alone because there are not enough homes for the ever-growing population of unwanted dogs in that area. This is a frustrating problem due to over-breeding either intentionally or accidentally. Either way you look at it, it comes down to irresponsible actions by irresponsible and or greedy humans. Many people may not realize that any dog not spayed or neutered is a potential contributor to this terrible problem. The average fertile dog can produce 2 litters in one year. The average number of puppies in a canine litter is 6-10. In six years, one female dog and her offspring can theoretically produce 67,000 dogs..many or most of which will end up dead.
There are between 4,000 and 6,000 animal shelters in the United States. The number of cats and dogs entering those shelters each year is roughly 6-8 million! However, only 30% of the dogs and 2%-5% of the cats are actually reclaimed by their owners. This means the total number of cats and dogs euthanized by shelters annually is 3-4 million! It is estimated that 1 million of those dogs are "Pit Bulls".
Shelters in large cities across the U.S. typically find themselves with a "Pit Bull" population of anywhere from 40% to 60% of the total shelter population and a national average of 33%. Many shelters needing more space will opt to euthanize "Pit Bulls" before any other type of dog due to this overwhelming number. 75% of shelters nationwide will euthanize all "Pit Bulls" entering the facility without ever giving them a chance to be adopted…some more lenient organizations may give the dogs a mere 24 hour grace period before administering the lethal injection. A study done by Animal People reports that the "Pit Bull" euthanasia rate in shelters is at approximately 93% on average which means that ultimately only 7% of all homeless "Pit Bulls" in America will find a "forever" home.
Surely you can see how over-breeding has negatively affected the lives of so many dogs. It is a fact that "Pit Bull" breeders are directly responsible for a significant percentage of the estimated 1 million "Pit Bulls" killed by euthanasia each year nationwide. Now I ask, why breed or buy while so many homeless dogs die?
The "Pit Bull" breeding trend will continue to impact this growing issue of overpopulation in America as long as Americans continue to buy "Pit Bulls". Start making a difference by adopting a "Pit Bull" at your local shelter or visit any one of the websites listed below to view thousands of wonderful, perfectly healthy dogs nationwide waiting to be adopted by a loving family. You can save a life and change these statistics one dog at a time! Try Pitbulls for life or your local spca or dog pound!"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePolkaudio3

Re: Why You Shouldn't Breed Pitbulls [Re: BulkBread]
    #214499 - 04/10/09 08:19 PM (15 years, 12 days ago)

Damn, I love pit bulls an I also breed them. The reason for pits becoming more "WILD" or mean is because of all the dumb fucking people breeding them in bread. Thats fucked up!

My female and male are from to different blood lines. There are mean thats the way I taught them though. Not being mean like the skieet em when I say that, They start to look what to get.

--------------------
Say boy You dont wanna get hit with the AR AR 15 15 Flip cars
So just imagine what it do to pussy niggaz thats goin against me I come hard So hard that I'm bruising up my knuckles I'm watchin my fist bleed fists bleed So whatI'm bustin this bustin this fuckin up everyone that it sees So move to the left cuz you might catch a hot one
Tear a whole square out ya chest with the shotgun
Make a whole pair out one nigga with the shotgun
We can go there my nigga I'm so there
Rockin by myself with the chopper on the backseat
Shoot at the driver side knock his body to the backseat
Stop Pause Nigga I'm Dominique Dawes
Flippin bitch niggaz when the shotty's go off

OfflineBulkBread

Re: Why You Shouldn't Breed Pitbulls [Re: Polkaudio3]
    #214501 - 04/10/09 08:23 PM (15 years, 12 days ago)

If you can breed them and being responsible enough to keep in contact with the owners and take back the dogs back if need be if they can no longer take care of it, you'd be a responsible breeder.

It's not just the way you treat a fighting breed. You can't guarentee a pit bull will NOT fight if the chance comes to it, Dog Aggression is highly common. HUMAN AGGRESSION IS NOT IN ANY SHAPE OR FORM.

http://www.pitbullforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=50274&start=0

Invisibleusg543
◕‿◕

#214509 - 04/10/09 08:58 PM (15 years, 12 days ago)

how would you feel if your job was to kill 200 pitbulls a day.

that shit would fuck my mind up.

OfflinePolkaudio3

Re: Why You Shouldn't Breed Pitbulls [Re: usg543]
    #214518 - 04/10/09 09:27 PM (15 years, 12 days ago)

Yeah I understand Bulk, Mine are took care of, They both are wearing Calvin Klein brand euphoria...After having todays bath lol.

--------------------
Say boy You dont wanna get hit with the AR AR 15 15 Flip cars
So just imagine what it do to pussy niggaz thats goin against me I come hard So hard that I'm bruising up my knuckles I'm watchin my fist bleed fists bleed So whatI'm bustin this bustin this fuckin up everyone that it sees So move to the left cuz you might catch a hot one
Tear a whole square out ya chest with the shotgun
Make a whole pair out one nigga with the shotgun
We can go there my nigga I'm so there
Rockin by myself with the chopper on the backseat
Shoot at the driver side knock his body to the backseat
Stop Pause Nigga I'm Dominique Dawes
Flippin bitch niggaz when the shotty's go off

OfflineBulkBread

Re: Why You Shouldn't Breed Pitbulls [Re: Polkaudio3]
    #221110 - 04/29/09 01:33 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Another thing I should add is it's 300, #s have skyrocketed that die every day in LA. Also, www.pitbullforum.com/index

Invisiblestill beLIEve
State Property..Again
Male

Loc: a world thats not my own
    #221271 - 04/29/09 05:51 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

i love pits

inbreedings fucked though

--------------------
niteowl said:
See, that term pedo gets thrown around a lot.
Is a 16 year old guy having sex w/a 16 year old girl a pedophile?
If not, then how is a 30 year old considered a pedophile for doing the same thing?
I think y'all need to look up the definition for pedophile.

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Truthfully, I'm a bullshitter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greenbow, Alabama
Re: Why You Shouldn't Breed Pitbulls [Re: still beLIEve]
    #221401 - 04/29/09 09:35 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

yeah i got a lil puppy man she's nuts...gettin a little bit better i guess

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds