Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Loc: Flag
Pebble in stem.
    #210037 - 03/29/09 05:32 PM (15 years, 2 days ago)

If you cut the stem of a plant a little when it is flowering, and then put a small pebble in the stem, and leave it there will it produce more THC? I have heard that it would because as a defensive mechanism the plant will produce more THC.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Pebble in stem. [Re: Triptonic]
    #210039 - 03/29/09 05:35 PM (15 years, 2 days ago)

I doubt it, but I do suppose it's possible.

I still think your best bet for maximum potency is ideal conditions. Most everything I've learned about cannabis is that stress = lower yields & potency

--------------------

OfflineMasterHerbalist
MH:Jahsun
Male User Gallery

Loc: middle a
    #210081 - 03/29/09 06:22 PM (15 years, 2 days ago)

I know most plants that are abused produce more active chemicals as far as thc in mj i am not sure, it could counteract the thc growth though i doubt it.

Why a pebble in the stem though? that would seem to hinder the plants water delivery. if you want it to be an angry plant break its limbs and scratch it and pick at its leaves that is pleanty i would think anymore would be injurous to its overal health.

I would still say that a bud with all trac mins and vitamins would be better than a abused underfed one but a well fed abused plant.... I'm sure theres only a minute difference.

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Re: Pebble in stem. [Re: MasterHerbalist]
    #210082 - 03/29/09 06:31 PM (15 years, 2 days ago)

I'm talking about a small pebble one that wont hinder the water delivery much plus I'm thinking a pebble because the plant might grow around it but still be irritated by it.

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #210113 - 03/29/09 07:37 PM (15 years, 2 days ago)

This is crazy talk.
If you want to stress a plant try topping, supercropping, LST, Scrog, etc.
If you cut the stem you open it up to bacterial growth and infection, not to mention that the pebble will actually introduce bacteria to the plant.  There are far easier and safer (for the plant) methods that will actually be MORE effective.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Re: Pebble in stem. [Re: 81renaissance]
    #210118 - 03/29/09 07:45 PM (15 years, 2 days ago)

haha yea I probably wont do it but I'm wondering if it would in fact work. I mean there are ways to prevent bacterial growth, I have grown shrooms before......

Offlinebobby
TheKushFiles
Male User Gallery

Loc: upper sedimentary rock
    #210151 - 03/29/09 09:04 PM (15 years, 2 days ago)

wow, i've heard everything now. put a pebble in the stem, where the fuck do people come up with this shit?!?:rofl2:

--------------------

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Re: Pebble in stem. [Re: bobby]
    #210154 - 03/29/09 09:08 PM (15 years, 2 days ago)

I heard it from a buddy who had a buddy whose buddy has a buddy who used to have a buddy that had a buddy who wants a buddy that told him that. :eek:

Edited by triptonic (03/29/09 09:11 PM)

Offlineethnoguy
E to the G
Male User Gallery

Loc: your momma's house
    #210347 - 03/30/09 08:39 AM (15 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

81renaissance said:
This is crazy talk.
If you want to stress a plant try topping, supercropping, LST, Scrog, etc.
If you cut the stem you open it up to bacterial growth and infection, not to mention that the pebble will actually introduce bacteria to the plant.  There are far easier and safer (for the plant) methods that will actually be MORE effective.

Yeah, it is complete BS crazy talke :lol:. But by saying supercropping, FIM, or whatever induces more bud sites through "stress" is incorrect. Those are teks. The stress that may be caused is actually a downside.

EG

--------------------

My Grow Closet

My Personal Cacti Pics

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Pebble in stem. [Re: ethnoguy]
    #210356 - 03/30/09 08:56 AM (15 years, 1 day ago)

Good pick-up there...I was so in awe of the op that I lost my senses for a moment. 
For the record, if people don't know, all of those teks trick the plant into thinking that a different branch is the apical, and therefore creates a bud site on non-apical stems thereby increasing yield, so ethno is correct, its not the stress and if overdone, any of those teks can result in LESSENED yields.
Thanks ethnoguy.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

Edited by 81renaissance (03/31/09 05:39 PM)

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #210365 - 03/30/09 09:56 AM (15 years, 1 day ago)

that's a perfect example of why I choose not to top, but instead I use tie-down methods. Low-Stress Training FTW!

--------------------

Offlineethnoguy
E to the G
Male User Gallery

Loc: your momma's house
    #210550 - 03/30/09 08:22 PM (15 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

81renaissance said:
Good pick-up there...I was so in awe of the op that I lost my senses for a moment. 
For the record, if people don't know, all of those teks trick the plant into thinking that a different branch is the apial, and therefore creates a bud site on non-apial stems thereby increasing yield, so ethno is correct, its not the stress and if overdone, any of those teks can result in LESSENED yields.
Thanks ethnoguy.

:wink:

Yeah, I like the idea of tying down outdoor and a scrog indoor if its necessary. There are several good teks. Also my understanding is the Superthrive will help with stress in the mentioned scenarios as well as transplant shock. Anyone used it?

EG

--------------------

My Grow Closet

My Personal Cacti Pics

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Pebble in stem. [Re: ethnoguy]
    #210607 - 03/31/09 06:31 AM (15 years, 19 hours ago)

Superthrive is a B vitamin supplement that assists with nutrient uptake so I imagine that since the plant can access nutes more readily than in just soil, stress and shock are overcome more rapidly as the plant heals.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #210613 - 03/31/09 07:50 AM (15 years, 18 hours ago)

I hear superthrive is a seriously awesome product.

can't beat mycorhizzae for assisting nutrient absorption though.

--------------------

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Pebble in stem. [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #210622 - 03/31/09 08:21 AM (15 years, 18 hours ago)

My next grow is going to include some spent cubensis trays..Roger Rabbit over at shroomery confirms that it will work in the same way as the myco inoculant you buy at grow shops. 
I'm also going to try azomite as a soil amendment since I haven't seen much research on the product but used to use it with great success when growing wheatgrass.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies