Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineanon
Basic stuff needed for first time grow
    #206906 - 03/19/09 02:34 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I have been reading about this. Is it true that you can grow with seeds soil fertilizer and specific lightbulbs? I am looking for the simplest way and want to have 4 plants for personal use.I smoke alot and was thinking of getting the small 18'' plants. I know a garden store so any specific names or types of soil and other stuff to pick up? And do you think they will have ph stuff there?
I am just looking for the simplest way that can grow good weed. I have looked over guides and they are complicated and then i read peoples post who say you do not need much to grow.
I'm not tryin to ask for you to waste your time typin how to out just a link to a simple way and a yes or no to my questions

Edited by anon (03/19/09 02:42 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineethnoguy
E to the G
Male User Gallery

Loc: your momma's house
Re: Basic stuff needed for first time grow [Re: anon]
    #206924 - 03/19/09 07:29 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Here is my old setup:

$350 closet grow

Maybe that will help you. I'm done with CFLs for flowering though. I'm glad I did it. It helped me get my shit together.

EG

--------------------

My Grow Closet

My Personal Cacti Pics

Offlineanon
Re: Basic stuff needed for first time grow [Re: ethnoguy]
    #207271 - 03/20/09 03:48 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

whats the difference in lights and are they more expensive

Offlinemrspirit
man with spirit
Loc: hithertither
Re: Basic stuff needed for first time grow [Re: anon]
    #207319 - 03/20/09 07:18 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Here is a simple and easy to follow budget set up.
First, germinate your seeds. There are many easy ways to do this, I'll leave that to do.

Purchase this light
Get a powerstrip
Get a small oscilatting fan
Get 4 medium to large sized pots
Get 2 bags of organic soil
Get a timer
Buy about 4-8 1 gallon jugs of Spring water
Purchase Schultz Plant food

Put soil in pots, place germinated seeds or seedlings in soil. Get the soil good and soaked with some of the water you purchased. Place light about 8-12" above pots. As the plants grow, keep the light about that far from the plants. As you learn your light, you will learn just how close you can keep it to the plants. Have the fan in the corner of the room on a low to medium speed. At this point, since this is a simple grow, you will have the lights on 24/7 so the timer does not need to be set.

Water once a week, or when the plants need it. Test the soil by sticking your finger in it until you feel moisture. If it is dry, water the plant. If it still feels moist, hold off. You do not want to over water your plants.

After about three or four weeks, give your plant it's first feeding. You need to time this so that it is on a day that you plan to water your plant. I suggest using HALF the recommended amount of Schultz liquid food at this point, because too much fertilization at this point in the plants life can be detrimental. Add the Schultz plant food to your water and then soak the soil of the plants.

Continue to monitor your plants and check in on the growery whenever you have other questions.

After your plant is about a month/month and a half in age, you may increase the amount of food you are feeding it to the recommended amount on the Schultz bottle.

When your plants reach maturity and are ready to bud, set the timer so that the light is on for a period of 12 hours and off for a period of 12 hours. Depending on the strain of your bud and how large of a plant you want, check back here to know when to flower your plant.

If you take care of your plants, and have good genetics in your seeds, using this easy no-brainer grow method will yield you some good buds. Both in amount and in potency.

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Basic stuff needed for first time grow [Re: mrspirit]
    #207480 - 03/21/09 04:40 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I wouldn't waste my time with schultz plant food.

Fox Farms has many better choices of feed.

--------------------
:getstoned:

Offlinemrspirit
man with spirit
Loc: hithertither
Re: Basic stuff needed for first time grow [Re: Stoneth]
    #207612 - 03/22/09 12:43 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I'm sure there are better choices for everything I listed. Point is, he wanted simple.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds