Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

Loc: "The sticks"
Nutrient Choice.
    #594215 - 10/26/11 01:07 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

So right now I've got 9 plants running on a 24 hour light cycle. They are planted in 6" round pots, maybe 10" deep. They are planted in almost straight FF Ocean Forest soil, there is just a touch extra perlite (5:1 if even). The plants are 20 days old and are maybe 3"-6" tall and wide, they are also almost all well on their 5th node, some even showing a 6th.

I intend to implement a screen that will be between 8" and 12" from the tops of the pots. This will be introduced right when they are put into flowering. Flowering should hopefully begin in the next 2 weeks; however I intend to wait until the plants are also between 8" and 12".

Bearing this in mind what kind of nutrients would you recomend I start adding to my water. I'l already using fish emulsion (5-1-1) and shultz (10-15-10). I want to ditch the shultz for something better. I was going to go with fox farm, but I didn't see the tree pack at my hydro store (and 20 dollars a bottle will limit me to which I can get).

I currently water them every 3rd day, and I think I'm going to feed them every other watering. I say going to because I've only fed them once, it was at half strength. I think next I water them I will give them a full dose of both, Or maybe full fish half shultz. This is assuming I don't get nuets by than (I just watered them last night so next sat probably).

TL;DR:
What nutrients do you recomend for plants that will be going into flowering with one or two feedings left? Plant is in FF OF soil at 3 weeks old.

--------------------
In order to grow good weed you need to be part carpenter, electrician, plumber, biologist, geneticist, chemist, and very willing to get dirty.

I've been working with power tools since I was 8, my dad is an electrical engineer who owned a 280 gal fish tank, and I studied biology with a specialty in genetics. Getting dirty comes naturally. I think my parents inadvertently trained me to be a weed grower.

See what you think on my first try.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Nutrient Choice. [Re: wire5]
    #594219 - 10/26/11 01:22 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Shultz isn't mh friendly, I strongly recommend not using a full dose, or any for that matter.

If you want cheap and simple I recommend General Hydroponic's Maxi Bloom.
Just follow the lucas formula, and all should go well.

--------------------
:getstoned:

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Nutrient Choice. [Re: Stoneth]
    #594444 - 10/27/11 08:48 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Maxibloom or Floranova will do you go for simplicity and cost effectiveness.

I usually recommend the Floranova grow over the Bloom too because I like the formula better if I had both bottles I might use the Bloom for late flowering.

If I had to amend the soil during flowering I'd use liquid guano, worm castings, kelp/sea weed since they are for the most part water soluble nutrients rather than using stuff that takes a long time to break down and give nutrition to the plants such as rock powders, alfalfa meal, manure. If I didn't go the organic route I'd use a dilute hydroponic nutrient solution and give plain waterings in between, trying to not overfeed at any point and to avoid salt build ups as much as possible. You may even want to do 1 feeding then 2 waterings which in soil terms could be 4+ days between watering. You will also want to flush for 2 weeks at the end so you could be looking at as little as 3-4 feedings throughout all of flowering.

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

Loc: "The sticks"
Re: Nutrient Choice. [Re: maryanne3087]
    #594449 - 10/27/11 10:50 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah the reason I was going to do every other watering is because I was worried that I would only end up with a few feedings if I didn't.  But I'm also super paranoid about over feeding. Gah, sooo complicated.

I apreciate the feed back. Think I'll go poke around tomorrow or sat.

--------------------
In order to grow good weed you need to be part carpenter, electrician, plumber, biologist, geneticist, chemist, and very willing to get dirty.

I've been working with power tools since I was 8, my dad is an electrical engineer who owned a 280 gal fish tank, and I studied biology with a specialty in genetics. Getting dirty comes naturally. I think my parents inadvertently trained me to be a weed grower.

See what you think on my first try.

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Nutrient Choice. [Re: wire5]
    #594465 - 10/28/11 05:30 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Does it really matter if you only feed once every 2 weeks if your plants are thriving?

I would recommend using a PPM nutrient solution of 250-750 ppm if feeding each watering. I'd use as little as possible just to avoid over feeding.

With soil I really try to encourage people to use organic amendments in their soil and organics in their irrigation if necessary(necessary to use further nutrients beyond the amendments in the soil). It's far more simple to apply dry nutrients to the soil than to have to make teas prior to watering. It is again more simple to apply guano, worm casting, kelp tea than it is to apply hydroponic nutrient solution just because of the guess work as to what concentration is appropriate to apply and how often. I think the only fool proof way to apply hydroponic solution to soil would be to either apply 250-350 ppm solution each watering or to apply 750-900 ppm nutrient solution every third watering. I would still assume the latter would run into less problems statistically speaking.

Offlinealjeezzy
killa
 User Gallery

Loc: east 10
Re: Nutrient Choice. [Re: maryanne3087]
    #596395 - 11/10/11 03:44 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

the ratio is 4:3:6. buy some nightcrawlers at a gasstation and throw em in your soil when the light is off. they will help with the nitrogen. walmart has 2:7:7 cactus food for $3. its a liquid so read the label and mix it at 10-25% and feed every watering. the bottle says 10-20 drops per gallon so 5 drops per gallon would be 25%.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale