Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Sterilized Grain Bag for Spawn

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleFazed
and dazed

Visiting Abandoned Places * 3
    #523108 - 02/04/11 10:23 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Lately me and a friend have been exploring these abandoned places as they seem to fascinate both of us and we’re both keen photographers.
They really are intriguing places to look around but you have to watch your footing as there are literally rotting floors everywhere! If you take your time and get around them safely it can be quite enjoyable.

I was extremely lucky not to get an infected foot last summer as I’d accidentally stepped on a nail that I hadn’t spotted; I screamed out in agony, looked down at my foot and noticed that the nail had actually penetrated through the sole of my shoe!

There’s always a risk when entering these abandoned buildings though, one time we almost got caught entering and we both had to hide for a good 10 minutes behind a wall whilst some taxi drivers pulled up nearby, it was really bad timing, haha. There’s also the asbestos hazard when you’re inside too, there’s loads of warning signs explaining the potential hazard.

Old Mental Asylum pics:
(sorry about the size)

And we came across this cross made from what looks like blood  :crazyeyes:

I have loads more...

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinelostinbq
!!!STARNGE!!!!

Re: Visiting Abandoned Places [Re: Fazed]
    #523110 - 02/04/11 10:35 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

omg when i was 17 we went to this abandoned mental institute in west Virgina. shit was awesome. too bad we did not have digital cameras back in 1997.

--------------------
Everyone are you ready for doom,
Because I've blackened the sun,
And I've bloodied the moon.
I bring gloom when I step in the room,
With the fumes of a tomb.
flowers bloom when Im taken away
:rofldrunk:

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
    #523111 - 02/04/11 10:36 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

That looks so cool! 
In what area do you live?

I don't think that's blood, unless it was still wet.  Coagulated blood turns almost black when dry.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ketamine Flag
    #523113 - 02/04/11 10:45 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

That is cool stuff man! I also love going through old abandoned places myself, It's so interesting to see the past history of what was...
If you get anymore pics of any worthy places I'd be interested...

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

Offlinekush420
Open Your Mind
Male User Gallery

Loc: FL Flag
    #523114 - 02/04/11 11:10 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Thats really cool :cool::thumbup:

If there were any places around here I would love to explore some places like that.

--------------------
There's a natural mystic blowing through the air

Nature = :heart:

"Much respect to all the people thinking green, Not just the color but the message in between" :potleaf:

OfflineDephect

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Visiting Abandoned Places [Re: kush420]
    #523117 - 02/04/11 11:17 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

There are some places around here that are abandoned. This thing that excited you, there is a big community that does it. Its called Urban Exploration. There are also other communities in different countries that do the same thing except underground like in France.

I have always wanted to do it, trespassing may seem like a harmless fine.. Its not.. Also there was a guy who was exploring the old Gates Rubber Factory here, fell down a elevator shaft and died. Now the place is guarded making sure no one enters like its a palace.

InvisibleFazed
and dazed

Re: Visiting Abandoned Places [Re: Dr. Siekadellyk]
    #523125 - 02/04/11 12:34 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

81renaissance said:
That looks so cool! 
In what area do you live?

I don't think that's blood, unless it was still wet.  Coagulated blood turns almost black when dry.

Ah, that's a good point actually. You can see why I thought it looked like blood though...maybe that was their intentions?

Quote:

Dr. Siekadellyk said:
That is cool stuff man! I also love going through old abandoned places myself, It's so interesting to see the past history of what was...
If you get anymore pics of any worthy places I'd be interested...

I have plenty more of some different places, I'll post more up when I have more time.

Glad you like them guys :thumbup:

--------------------

Edited by Fazed (02/07/13 01:31 PM)

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
    #523127 - 02/04/11 12:51 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Cool pictures!  Thanks for sharing them with us.  There's an underground (pun intended) community dedicated to urban exploration.  I remember seeing a thread about it here or at the shroomery.  I think it's termed something else though, or may have been just for underground exploration rather than abandoned property.  Either way, it's a pretty neat hobby.  I'd like to do it at old, run down psychiatric hospitals.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineShaggy420
Male

Re: Visiting Abandoned Places [Re: kush420]
    #523129 - 02/04/11 01:02 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

kush420 said:
If there were any places around here I would love to explore some places like that.

--------------------

:Awemush::happyweed::fasted::happyweed::Awemush:

http://www.clear-uk.org/

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Re: Visiting Abandoned Places [Re: Shaggy420]
    #523132 - 02/04/11 01:13 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Google maps, satellite view.  spend some time on there navigating around your area.  its like a 2 dimensional helicopter ride.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineShaggy420
Male

Re: Visiting Abandoned Places [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #523133 - 02/04/11 01:18 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

i remember seeing on the internet about a abandoned mental asylum a few miles away.

be something fun to do for a day:thumbup:

--------------------

:Awemush::happyweed::fasted::happyweed::Awemush:

http://www.clear-uk.org/

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
Re: Visiting Abandoned Places [Re: Fazed] * 1
    #523135 - 02/04/11 01:23 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

That building is quite extravagant for a mental hospital (I mean the architecture, not necessarily the size). Pretty neat though. I'd be real creeped out the whole time :lol:

I check out houses and buildings from time to time. I went in an abandoned grain factory once. Climbed up a real crazy tower. My buddy Htown fell through 2 flights of stairs, I honestly thought he was dead for a minute or two. My other friend Dan also fell through a ceiling in an old house because he went in a crawl space. He fell down and right through the kitchen counter and I took off because I thought he was running after me. When I was outside, I could see through the window, the whole top floor of the house at a 45 degree angle downwards :lol:. He came crawling out a few minutes later. 

Thats a really old particle accelerator that has since been taken down. Most of it was underground from what I understand, but the entrances to it have always been under about 12 feet of water when I went to go check it out. I've been waiting for a dry summer since I found out about this thing haha.

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Truthfully, I'm a bullshitter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greenbow, Alabama
    #523139 - 02/04/11 01:32 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Cool pics Fazed.  Shit would've creeped me the fuck out being in an old Mental Institution, still would've done it though. :lol:

--------------------

InvisibleCrayolaHalls
Dreams of Oceans
Male

#523152 - 02/04/11 02:27 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Fazed said:
Lately me and a friend have been exploring these abandoned places as they seem to fascinate both of us and we’re both keen photographers.
They really are intriguing places to look around but you have to watch your footing as there are literally rotting floors everywhere! If you take your time and get around them safely it can be quite enjoyable.

I was extremely lucky not to get an infected foot last summer as I’d accidentally stepped on a nail that I hadn’t spotted; I screamed out in agony, looked down at my foot and noticed that the nail had actually penetrated through the sole of my shoe!

There’s always a risk when entering these abandoned buildings though, one time we almost got caught entering and we both had to hide for a good 10 minutes behind a wall whilst some taxi drivers pulled up nearby, it was really bad timing, haha. There’s also the asbestos hazard when you’re inside too, there’s loads of warning signs explaining the potential hazard.

I have loads more...

That's awesome.  I always wanted to check one of those out inside.

I once stole into an old nuclear facility in the Quehana reserve of central PA.  All the roads to it are gated, so some friends and I took the backpack trails to get close, then left the trails and used maps to find it.  It wasn't hard.  We could tell it was still occasionally visited.  No one was there, so we slept in one of the building, instead of in our tents.  It was actually a pretty stupid idea.  We found out later that the entire site was still heavily contaminated with strontium-90.  The facilities, which once employed up to 1500 workers, have seen been torn down (supposedly), but the cleanup is ongoing.

--------------------
I am not a cannabis grower.  I find the cannabis growers to be the most open to experimenting and sharing out of all of the different botany groups I enjoy.  I frequently use the suggestions that I find to apply to own organic gardening and food production.

OfflineThe Anointed One
Sloth's apprentice
Male User Gallery

Re: Visiting Abandoned Places [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #523168 - 02/04/11 03:35 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Awesome pics.

I love old abandoned places like that. Spooky, even in the day. I used to live by an old abandoned state hospital.

Anyone know what they did to Danvers? (Old institution near Boston, MA) I always wanted to go there before they tore it down. It was one of the oldest and largest institutions in the country, and allegedly haunted. The film Session 9 was shot there (awesome flick!)

Also...

Quote:

FurrowedBrow said:
Cool pictures!  Thanks for sharing them with us.  There's an underground (pun intended) community dedicated to urban exploration.  I remember seeing a thread about it here or at the shroomery.  I think it's termed something else though, or may have been just for underground exploration rather than abandoned property.  Either way, it's a pretty neat hobby.  I'd like to do it at old, run down psychiatric hospitals.

I have seen a site before dedicated entirely to photography and exploring old institutions. Haven't seen it in a while, though.

--------------------
"My one-of-a-kind-self gets stoned every day like Jesus did."

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Sterilized Grain Bag for Spawn