Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
DRUGS!
    #406119 - 04/24/10 10:04 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I am wondering how open you all are about your own drug use and about drugs in general.  A lot of people fear being labeled just by advocating legalization of drugs.  The average person would probably be surprised if you used a human rights argument for legalization.  discuss.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
Re: DRUGS! [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #406125 - 04/24/10 10:17 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Where I live, I've smoked pot with just about everyone who smokes. There are a lot of us stoners out in the sticks.

We also grow some of the finest wild psychoactive mushrooms here, so everyone has had a taste, most of it being irresponsible recreational use. The police have caught on however, and they stake out all the popular picking spots.

I'm up front about smoking weed, my whole family knows, my friends know, but everyone else doesn't really seem to give a damn :justdontknow:

I'm not so forth coming about using other drugs or psychedelics, but if someone asked me honestly I'd tell about them. I don't think laws should prevent people from exploring their inner-workings, and I encourage people who have their mind set on doing them, no matter what I tell them.

Edited by DungenessDank (04/24/10 10:17 AM)

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild & Free
    #406127 - 04/24/10 10:20 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I don't fear being labeled, I fear every dick cop in town pulling me over every time they see me to check to see if I'm carrying.

Took them 2 years in high school to learn my last name did not = drugs.
I enjoy them still believing that.

I run legalization cases in debate fairly often (as often as a person can when topics change every single debate round). I usually include human rights arguments, and talk about dehumanization (like orientalization). Usually I stick to the easy way to suggest legalization: legal drugs = money, More money = less debt, less debt = solvency boost all across the board.

Most people around here are either closed minded, or already like the idea of legalization.

However since my mom goes into asthma attacks if I wear body spray, I often go to school reeking of weed from smoking in my room all morning.

--------------------
"Je pense, donc je suis (I am thinking, therefore I am)." -Rene Descartes

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Re: DRUGS! [Re: Thebooedocksaint]
    #406144 - 04/24/10 10:44 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Thebooedocksaint said:

Most people around here are either closed minded, or already like the idea of legalization.

I know that to be true!  :lol:  My ma has a mind like a closed book.  I dislike that most about her.  A few years ago I was questioning something with them and she flipped the fuck out.  Asking me why I have to question everything.  :lol:  I was like WTF!?  Then last xmas i jumped in the car with her and the first thing she asks is "HAVE YOU BEEN SMOKING POT!?" with a snide tone of voice.  I wanted to say, "hell ya!  I;ve been growing mad herb too!  Why, you want some?"  I know she wouldnt have an open mind about it so i just dont talk about drugs with her.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineHarlz

Loc: cloudz
    #406149 - 04/24/10 10:53 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I say, you dose her DMT , show her the light

It will rip your mind open :awetrippie:

Offlineelcharrosays
Male User Gallery

#406153 - 04/24/10 11:12 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I'm about as open about my drug use as conceivably possible. I'm not ashamed of anything in the slightest so I don't see any reason to hide it. I've had talks with my parents about how LSD has positively influenced my life and smoke pot with my dad whenever he's in the country. Most people who have never even really tried drugs want to try LSD after hearing me go on about how beautiful and life-changing it can be. I think if you want to change peoples mind about drugs you have to show them that you can use them and still be a responsible functioning adult. I'm pretty much just all about psychedelics though and I don't condone habitual use of opiates.

--------------------

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Re: DRUGS! [Re: elcharrosays]
    #406154 - 04/24/10 11:15 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

elcharrosays said:
I'm about as open about my drug use as conceivably possible. I'm not ashamed of anything in the slightest so I don't see any reason to hide it. I've had talks with my parents about how LSD has positively influenced my life and smoke pot with my dad whenever he's in the country. Most people who have never even really tried drugs want to try LSD after hearing me go on about how beautiful and life-changing it can be. I think if you want to change peoples mind about drugs you have to show them that you can use them and still be a responsible functioning adult. I'm pretty much just all about psychedelics though and I don't condone habitual use of opiates.

Are you saying there are people who DON'T want to try LSD?

Before I even did drugs I wanted to do acid.

--------------------

Offlinevolcomstoner
Just one more xanax
 User Gallery

Loc: Gaybec
Re: DRUGS! [Re: Harlz]
    #406155 - 04/24/10 11:16 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I'm definitely open about my drug use, I really don't care about being labeled as a drug user because I try to be responsible about it. Like where I live stoners where always marked as losers that nobody wanted to hang out with, except for me people always thought I was cool because I wasn't dumb about drug use. People would call me the "smart druggie". Most of my friends don't even smoke weed but people meet me and I tell them about drug use, I open there minds about it.  They meet me and think drugs really can't be that bad.

It's pretty cool, I use to hang out with a lot of people who where totally against drugs, and hated anybody who used them. But then I would prove wrong, everything bad thing they hear about weed. And they would start thinking there wasn't anything wrong with it.

--------------------

Vas donc jouer dans le traffic

InvisibleShr0000ooooms
Cannabis Sampler

Loc: Hindu Kush Mountains
    #406159 - 04/24/10 11:25 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Thebooedocksaint said:
Before I even did drugs I wanted to do acid.

Before I did drugs I wanted to try acid
Second time smoking I said "I WILL do acid and ecstacsy, I'm not gonna lie to myself"
Now I've done both.

--------------------
If I'm posting I'm high.

Invisible13eetleJuice
The ghost with the most
Male

Loc: 6' under fertalizing bud
    #406160 - 04/24/10 11:27 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I'm dangerously open about my drug use. I feel that it is my civic RESPONSIBILITY to be honest about my beliefs, regardless the consequences.

Y'know, because I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees, and all that.

I was listening to the internet radio broadcast of NORML SHOW LIVE the other day and the host "Radical" Russ Belville quoted a recent statistic, I don't have the source but, he quoted a recent survey whereby 3 out of 4 Americans surveyed were NOT opposed legalization. Yet, 3 out of 4 of these same respondents believe that their neighbor IS against legalization.

Prohibition has brainwashed Americans into believing that their neighbor hates pot; and none are more brainwashed in this area than the pot smokers themselves. Your neighbor is likely sitting at his computer, browsing one or more increasingly popular canna-culture websites, smoking a fat bowl, and dreaming of legalization just like yourself. Downside to that is you don't know which neighbors are cool because if you open your mouth to the wrong prohibitionist douche bag he'll squeal on you and then you're fucked... and why? Because we, the people, keep our mouths shut lest we risk losing <----- ALL THIS ----->, (I don't see no paradise.)

--------------------

InvisibleShr0000ooooms
Cannabis Sampler

Loc: Hindu Kush Mountains
Re: DRUGS! [Re: volcomstoner]
    #406161 - 04/24/10 11:28 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

volcomstoner said:
I'm definitely open about my drug use, I really don't care about being labeled as a drug user because I try to be responsible about it. Like where I live stoners where always marked as losers that nobody wanted to hang out with, except for me people always thought I was cool because I wasn't dumb about drug use. People would call me the "smart druggie". Most of my friends don't even smoke weed but people meet me and I tell them about drug use, I open there minds about it.  They meet me and think drugs really can't be that bad.

It's pretty cool, I use to hang out with a lot of people who where totally against drugs, and hated anybody who used them. But then I would prove wrong, everything bad thing they hear about weed. And they would start thinking there wasn't anything wrong with it.

:
Even if you're responsible or not in most places most people are like "omg that kids so cool, funny, responsible and gets good grades" then they hear you're a pothead "oh ya that kid, he's a fag.

--------------------
If I'm posting I'm high.

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Re: DRUGS! [Re: volcomstoner]
    #406165 - 04/24/10 11:31 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I think the internet has a huge impact on drug-use. People that can use a computer can go to websites like erowid and find out what drugs are and how they effect you before they decide to use them or not. This supports my argument for legalization of all drugs.

Instead of demonizing drugs and taking a no tolerance approach, the government should be educating people about drugs and drugs use. If some people knew how drugs really are going to effect them, and the real dangers of addiction, then people would be much more aware and less likely to become a habitual user, or even try it to begin with. Money used to lock up people for drug offenses could be put to much better use in both education and rehabilitation.

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Re: DRUGS! [Re: DungenessDank]
    #406167 - 04/24/10 11:32 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Are you trying to say there is something wrong about being a habitual user?

--------------------

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

#406181 - 04/24/10 11:52 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I'm saying there are some negative effects to all drugs, they are a double edged blade.

Offlineelcharrosays
Male User Gallery

#406182 - 04/24/10 11:53 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Sometimes, yes. It's not good to become dependent on anything.

--------------------

OfflineTheShroomJew23
The Chemist
Male

Re: DRUGS! [Re: elcharrosays]
    #406204 - 04/24/10 12:59 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I was a great student, built my school a research lab with my own bare hands and money and a extremely advanced agriculture research lab and greenhouse and had won my school multiple awards and grants. all that happened in freshman year and first semester of sophmore year. Then my research sponsor at my school found out I was a medical user and banned me from everything and tried to have me expelled. After I was kicked out all the equipment just sat there and no body touched the lab or the greenhouse. Finally, second semester junoir year he allowed me back and by the end of the year I had won the school 100,000 in grants and won 4 major national awards for my research and hydro units. He still treats me like shit to this day because I smoke pot, the douche bag almost died of cancer himself too.

--------------------

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Re: DRUGS! [Re: TheShroomJew23]
    #406213 - 04/24/10 01:40 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

:ilold:

Good story, why don't you write out the specifics of one of your aeroponic units?

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Re: DRUGS! [Re: TheShroomJew23]
    #406215 - 04/24/10 01:43 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

TheShroomJew23 said:
I was a great student, built my school a research lab with my own bare hands and money and a extremely advanced agriculture research lab and greenhouse and had won my school multiple awards and grants. all that happened in freshman year and first semester of sophmore year. Then my research sponsor at my school found out I was a medical user and banned me from everything and tried to have me expelled. After I was kicked out all the equipment just sat there and no body touched the lab or the greenhouse. Finally, second semester junoir year he allowed me back and by the end of the year I had won the school 100,000 in grants and won 4 major national awards for my research and hydro units. He still treats me like shit to this day because I smoke pot, the douche bag almost died of cancer himself too.

I'd like to point out..

You claim to be a proffessor so there's no way this happened recently.

Then we have this thread...

http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/170562#170562

A little conflicting there eh? Fucking faggot.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

Re: DRUGS! [Re: captain.koons]
    #406216 - 04/24/10 01:46 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

:ilold:

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Re: DRUGS! [Re: THEBats]
    #406217 - 04/24/10 01:47 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

It's so easy to expose that lying such of a bitch. He has a hard time not spreading his story about how he's a professor and does professional chemistry and hydroponics research. Yet he knows nothing.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds