Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Offlinehighasfuck
The last samuri
Male User Gallery

Loc: So Cal
Re: The first drug you tried [Re: Coaster]
    #89968 - 07/21/08 02:37 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I think it was DXM or booze. idk.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

Re: The first drug you tried [Re: Chronicbs]
    #89969 - 07/21/08 02:41 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Chronicbs said:
Caffeine most certainly.  Doesn't anyone else consider caffeine a drug?  It makes me sweaty, my skin clammy, heart rate increase, a cerebral rush of sorts....  Then again my dad used to make fresh ground super thick coffee that was probably loaded with way to much caffeine.  I don't even drink coffee anymore it gets me too wired.

Yes it's a drug but not one I would use for recreation.  Sugar is also a drug. Most food today contains MSG which among other things relaxes the consumer and increases the addictiveness of foods.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

OfflineChronicbs

Re: The first drug you tried [Re: THEBats]
    #89972 - 07/21/08 02:54 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

THEBats said:
Sugar is also a drug. Most food today contains MSG which among other things relaxes the consumer and increases the addictiveness of foods.

Caffeine is a central nervous system stimulant.

Sugar and salt are not drugs, they are just chemicals are body needs/uses. 

Edited by Chronicbs (07/21/08 02:56 PM)

OfflineSiekostoner
Male

Re: The first drug you tried [Re: Coaster]
    #89976 - 07/21/08 03:12 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

High dose salvia was my first drug........... blew my fuckin' mind all over the walls man.

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#89979 - 07/21/08 03:16 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Chronicbs said:
Quote:

THEBats said:
Sugar is also a drug. Most food today contains MSG which among other things relaxes the consumer and increases the addictiveness of foods.

Caffeine is a central nervous system stimulant.

Sugar and salt are not drugs, they are just chemicals are body needs/uses. 

Wikipedia lists a drug as, "...any chemical substance that, when absorbed into the body of a living organism, alters normal bodily function[5]."

Ever hear of a "sugar rush?"

This study also sites withdrawl symtoms from sugar including "the shakes" and changes in brain chemistry.

http://www.princeton.edu/pr/news/02/q2/0620-hoebel.htm

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

Edited by THEBats (07/21/08 03:21 PM)

OfflineChronicbs

#89989 - 07/21/08 03:37 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

The great Wiki also says,

"Recreational drugs are chemical substances that affect the central nervous system"

In a way you are right though, sugar and salt can be included if your definition is broad enough. (any chemical that effects the body)  But it is still misleading at least to say salt/sugar is a drug like caffeine is a drug.  Caffeine is a real drug drug.

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#89994 - 07/21/08 03:44 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Chronicbs said:
The great Wiki also says,

"Recreational drugs are chemical substances that affect the central nervous system"

In a way you are right though, sugar and salt can be included if your definition is broad enough. (any chemical that effects the body)  But it is still misleading at least to say salt/sugar is a drug like caffeine is a drug.  Caffeine is a real drug drug.

And that is why wiki cites sources...

Anyways if you would've read the study I posted you would see that sugar is shown to activate our bodies natural opioids.  On a much small scale obviously than say heroin or morphine but nonetheless essentially the same process.  Are you saying drugs should be defined in their intensity?  I think that's half the problem with drug policy today.

Sugar is as damaging physically as most illegal drugs leading to diabetes, obesity and numerous other complications.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:

OfflineChronicbs

#90004 - 07/21/08 04:02 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

THEBats said:
  Are you saying drugs should be defined in their intensity? 

I never said that, I'm saying using your broad definition of drugs is terribly misleading.  You even snip out the warnings wiki has before and after the definition you parrot, warning that it is the broadest definition and there is no single definition of a drug.

Would you consider marijuana or opium to be a drug like sugar?  You compared coffee to sugar which imo is misleading, just like it would be to compare opium and sugar as drugs.  Semantically you can make yourself right using the broadest definition but you are still misleading in your statements imo.

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#90011 - 07/21/08 04:13 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Chronicbs said:
Quote:

THEBats said:
  Are you saying drugs should be defined in their intensity? 

I never said that, I'm saying using your broad definition of drugs is terribly misleading.  You even snip out the warnings wiki has before and after the definition you parrot, warning that it is the broadest definition and there is no single definition of a drug.

Would you consider marijuana or opium to be a drug like sugar?  You compared coffee to sugar which imo is misleading, just like it would be to compare opium and sugar as drugs.  Semantically you can make yourself right using the broadest definition but you are still misleading in your statements imo.

No not really.  They're different types of drugs yes,  but they're all still drugs.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:

Invisiblemel_lonta_tauda
Male User Gallery
Loc: the sun
    #90016 - 07/21/08 04:33 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

i had half a can of beer when i was 7, but didn't drink again til 19.  smoked weed within the same year, and binged on a lot of other drugs from 20 on

OfflineMFDoom666
trash hoarder
Male User Gallery

Loc: emerica
Re: The first drug you tried [Re: mel_lonta_tauda]
    #90018 - 07/21/08 04:39 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

pot, booze, and a few cigarettes at 12.

weed pwns my heart.

--------------------

FurrowedBrow said:

They should teach african engineering at the college level.  mcgyver 101

Harry_Ba11sach said:

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom