Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleCrushNazT
Male

Loc: Colorado Flag
Re: Advice on applying to work for large scale, legal cannabis production company. [Re: Legion of Shroom]
    #760118 - 12/02/14 07:29 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Hey can you answer something? You said that your past record comes into play there. How? If my record came up I'd have never been able to do what I'm doing. This right here is the first time I've ever heard of somebody's past keeping them form working in the industry (I guess that is what you call it).

We are suppose to go legal next year (I personally hope we don't) I hope it going legal doesn't bring in all the rules.

wasnt aware of your arrest. i cant bitch compared to that story, you definitely got it worse than i did. but going through that made me realize a lot of things... i wont get into it though...

anyway. the past record does come under scrutiny when applying here in colorado. they mainly care about felony convictions. in my case i got a suspended imposition of sentence, so i wasnt even sentenced, therefore never convicted. i was given 5 years of probation. if i fucked up on that, i was going to get convicted and sentenced for X amount of years (5-22) the prosecutor wanted 11 years, i would have had to do 3. the judge gave me probation instead. i successfully completed it, so its off my record (unless you're LEO doing the background check) so by colorado law, i'm able to have my MMJ badge.

i think its possible to get a badge if its been over 10 years since the conviction, or something like that. im not exactly sure. the reason the MED exists and why they have the rules they do is to keep the industry as regulated and professional as they can. they really want to do it right and not screw it up. since so many states are illegal, we have to watch our asses and prove that we're not diverting product. if more states legalized, i think restrictions and certain regulations will disappear, or at least ease up.

Edited by CrushNazT (12/02/14 07:33 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Advice on applying to work for large scale, legal cannabis production company. [Re: CrushNazT]
    #760122 - 12/02/14 08:37 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

I fully agree with that.

I feel a little sorry for you guys cause you get more shit from the surrounding states. What I mean is we are surrounded on all sides by other medical states and Mexico so we don't hear shit about our stuff leaving the state. I think once a few of the states around you do the same there well be a lessening of the rules there. (although I'd be surprised if Utah or Kansas ever did)

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Advice on applying to work for large scale, legal cannabis production company. [Re: Magash]
    #761517 - 12/13/14 07:27 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

I'm a lone wolf and don't work for anyone but if you want to join a crew you're going to need to get your foot through the door.

Very few collectives are going to care about the experience and credentials you have not related to cannabis. Although relatively secretive, they get countless applications with people who say they can do all this stuff for them, they smoke a joint afterwards and have a good laugh.

A problem I see with getting your foot in the door is perhaps you'll never get the opportunity to show your talents so being upfront and perhaps having a portfolio to show a trusted potential employer would be a good idea.

You can also perhaps get agriculture grants, but I don't know how wise of a idea that is with the feds still able to come down on you. Didn't like 1000 dispensaries get shut down recently?

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds