Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineValleyGirl
Space Cadet
Female

I am currently helping a case to get JWH illegalized... conflict of interest, etc.
    #567802 - 06/27/11 03:41 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

first of all, please don't stone me! With rocks, anyway :laugh:

Second of all, a friend of mine just recently died a JWH-related death, and now I'm on a team of lawyers, concerned members of society, and other people filling in the "Drug Community Member" role.

I know that it should be a persons choice to ingest whatever they want, but I've seen so many negative things come from JWH, and lots of other synthetic stuff.

The store my friend got it from before he died was selling it to 11 year olds, and I also think that's fucked up. More and more of these chemicals crop up every day, and there is no way to tell if they are safe or not.

With Mary Jane and shrooms and stuff, at least you know the "risk" (Not really) of doing them. All these bathtub chemicals seem to just hurt people I know.

am I a bad person?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Re: I am currently helping a case to get JWH illegalized... conflict of interest, etc. [Re: ValleyGirl] * 1
    #567808 - 06/27/11 04:01 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I don't believe that intoxicants should be sold to anyone under the age of 18.

--------------------
The Ego is a pathological condition
like a calcareous tumor or cyst
that begins growing in the personality
in the absence of hallucinogenic substances
-Terence McKenna-

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

Re: I am currently helping a case to get JWH illegalized... conflict of interest, etc. [Re: ValleyGirl] * 4
    #567809 - 06/27/11 04:02 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Yes.

In all seriousness though prohibition isn't the answer.  Regulation and education are.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

OfflineValleyGirl
Space Cadet
Female

Re: I am currently helping a case to get JWH illegalized... conflict of interest, etc. [Re: THEBats] * 1
    #567810 - 06/27/11 04:04 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah...

My personal views are that if Marijuana was legalized, people wouldn't have to experiment with stodgy chemicals.

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

Re: I am currently helping a case to get JWH illegalized... conflict of interest, etc. [Re: ValleyGirl]
    #567811 - 06/27/11 04:07 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Exactly.  But if people did still want to that's their choice.  As long as there is education available and the drug is regulated properly with regards to minors getting access to it then I see no problem.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

OfflineValleyGirl
Space Cadet
Female

Re: I am currently helping a case to get JWH illegalized... conflict of interest, etc. [Re: THEBats]
    #567812 - 06/27/11 04:09 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I agree with you, but if our only options are illegalize or let it be sold to 11 year olds, I'd rather have it Illegal

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
Re: I am currently helping a case to get JWH illegalized... conflict of interest, etc. [Re: ValleyGirl] * 2
    #567813 - 06/27/11 04:15 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

How about parents take responsibility for their children?

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
Re: I am currently helping a case to get JWH illegalized... conflict of interest, etc. [Re: DungenessDank]
    #567814 - 06/27/11 04:17 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

DungenessDank said:

:thumbup:

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

Re: I am currently helping a case to get JWH illegalized... conflict of interest, etc. [Re: ValleyGirl]
    #567816 - 06/27/11 04:25 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

ValleyGirl said:
I agree with you, but if our only options are illegalize or let it be sold to 11 year olds, I'd rather have it Illegal

How is that our only options?

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:

OfflineI_AM_SWIM
Someone Who Isn't McKenna

Re: I am currently helping a case to get JWH illegalized... conflict of interest, etc. [Re: ValleyGirl] * 1
    #567822 - 06/27/11 05:02 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

ValleyGirl said:
All these bathtub chemicals seem to just hurt people I know.

JWH isn't even the chemical in the 'bath salts' i think you are talking about, nor is it a bathtub chemical.

The only deaths I know related to JWH-x substances are from people killing themselves and not the chemical itself.

Personally I think it's silly to ban JWH, and I think it is in conflict with our constitutional rights.
Let the parents parent their children, there is no need for government to be involved.
Prohibition never stopped kids from consuming alcohol, and it won't stop people from
ingesting synthetic cannabinoids.

It will likely cause more harm than good, since it will still circulate through the black-market anyway.
And age is not a factor when selling drugs. A drug-dealer will gladly take money from a person of any age.

Don't be a :feelsbadman:

--------------------
:tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna:

OfflineBig_tiggy
Male

Loc: Neither here nor there
Re: I am currently helping a case to get JWH illegalized... conflict of interest, etc. [Re: I_AM_SWIM]
    #567843 - 06/27/11 05:48 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

even if you make it illegal, I think its true that people will still smoke it, I dunno why they call it a "controlled" substance, people buy this shit up like candy, that goes for everything, I just think the gov'n'mnt is scared personally... of what gonna happen, if we legalize drugs

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
Re: I am currently helping a case to get JWH illegalized... conflict of interest, etc. [Re: Big_tiggy]
    #567847 - 06/27/11 06:02 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

If JWH were allowed to be regulated your friend would be alive because what your friend had wasn't JWH if he/she is now dead.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
    #567850 - 06/27/11 06:10 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

IMO, once people are legally adults, they should be able to do any drug they want.

We are legally able to drink a gallon of bleach if we see fit, it should be no different with anything else we want to ingest.

If someone (unfortunately) dies in the process, it is a risk they knowingly took. While it is still sad and a shame, the person fully knew what they were doing to themselves, and that is nobodies responsibility but their own.

Again, all my opinion.

Selling it to 11 year olds though? Now THAT dude should be put in jail/fined. The same would happen if they sold tobacco/alcohol to an 11 year old.

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

Offlinevolcomstoner
Just one more xanax
 User Gallery

Loc: Gaybec
Re: I am currently helping a case to get JWH illegalized... conflict of interest, etc. [Re: RasJeph] * 1
    #567852 - 06/27/11 06:14 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

THEBats said:
prohibition isn't the answer.  Regulation and education are.

Quote:

DungenessDank said:

Quote:

RasJeph said:
Selling it to 11 year olds though? Now THAT dude should be put in jail/fined. The same would happen if they sold tobacco/alcohol to an 11 year old.

/thread

--------------------

Vas donc jouer dans le traffic

OfflineValleyGirl
Space Cadet
Female

Re: I am currently helping a case to get JWH illegalized... conflict of interest, etc. [Re: volcomstoner]
    #567930 - 06/27/11 10:32 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

It's hard to parent your children when they are doing it without your knowledge.

OfflineEnthrall
Stranger
    #567933 - 06/27/11 10:45 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Advocate the legalization of marijuana instead. A drug which is less harmful than alcohol. The only reason people do JWH is because marijuana is illegal, and they die using jwh.

People dont go to court because someone overdoses on alcohol :rolleyes: To many exceptions are made for alcohol.

OfflineValleyGirl
Space Cadet
Female

Re: I am currently helping a case to get JWH illegalized... conflict of interest, etc. [Re: Enthrall]
    #567934 - 06/27/11 10:46 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah, I agree with you, Enthrall. That's part of my testimony. Legalize the harmless stuff.

OfflineI_AM_SWIM

#567954 - 06/27/11 11:57 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

ValleyGirl said:
Yeah, I agree with you, Enthrall. That's part of my testimony. Legalize the harmless stuff.

In that case, :feelsgoodman:

--------------------
:tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna:

OfflineFRACTALife
Rust Fuckin' Cohle
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Carcosa Flag
    #567955 - 06/28/11 12:00 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Making it illegal won't help anybody, if people want it, they'll get it or just start smoking the next new thang.
If you really want to make your community better start working to make marijuana legal so people don't need that other stuff you oppose.

--------------------

OfflineTangerines
Grease Wizard
Male

Re: I am currently helping a case to get JWH illegalized... conflict of interest, etc. [Re: THEBats]
    #567977 - 06/28/11 01:42 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

THEBats said:

In all seriousness though prohibition isn't the answer.

No way dude.  My old buddy OD'd on hairon and if it had been made illegal before then he would still be alive today.

OfflineNobodyImportant
Science Is Subculture
Male User Gallery

Loc: Jawjuh.
Re: I am currently helping a case to get JWH illegalized... conflict of interest, etc. [Re: Tangerines]
    #567982 - 06/28/11 01:57 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

if you dont mind me asking, what exactly happened to your friend

no need to post specifics, PM me if you dont want it public

just a curious drug geek looking for knowledge to prevent furthur damage to friends / loved ones who like to dabble with said chems

--------------------
:bonghit:
Glass By: US Tubes, ZOB, Roor.de, Sheldon Black, Jerome Baker, Medicali, Kennaroo, Sand, Alex K, Local and Unknown Artists

OfflineTangerines
Grease Wizard
Male

Re: I am currently helping a case to get JWH illegalized... conflict of interest, etc. [Re: NobodyImportant]
    #567988 - 06/28/11 02:10 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Was clean, ate benzos, did dope, kaput.

Same way many go.  Misjudging dose upon relapse and/or mixing benzos+dope.

OfflineNobodyImportant
Science Is Subculture
Male User Gallery

Loc: Jawjuh.
Re: I am currently helping a case to get JWH illegalized... conflict of interest, etc. [Re: Tangerines]
    #568012 - 06/28/11 09:49 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I thought this was about some research chems ???

--------------------
:bonghit:
Glass By: US Tubes, ZOB, Roor.de, Sheldon Black, Jerome Baker, Medicali, Kennaroo, Sand, Alex K, Local and Unknown Artists

OfflineTangerines
Grease Wizard
Male

Re: I am currently helping a case to get JWH illegalized... conflict of interest, etc. [Re: NobodyImportant]
    #568013 - 06/28/11 10:32 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

It is. I was just trying to make a point that making a chemical illegal will not prevent further deaths.

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

#568017 - 06/28/11 11:25 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I would like to say again that no cannabinoid has ever been linked to a death, including the JWH chems...So someone rename the goddamn title.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

OfflineValleyGirl
Space Cadet
Female

Re: I am currently helping a case to get JWH illegalized... conflict of interest, etc. [Re: mhbound]
    #568035 - 06/28/11 01:13 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

My friend smoked way too much of it, started to throw up a lot, and had a heart attack.

OfflineI_AM_SWIM

Re: I am currently helping a case to get JWH illegalized... conflict of interest, etc. [Re: mhbound]
    #568046 - 06/28/11 02:37 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

mhbound said:
I would like to say again that no cannabinoid has ever been linked to a death, including the JWH chems...So someone rename the goddamn title.

Yeah this is true. The only deaths related to JWH were due to the fact that noobs couldn't handle the high, and got panic attacks and committed suicide.

noobs :facepalm:

i smoke jwh with weed, because i like gettttting RELLLLY REALLLLLY HIGH! :feelshighman: its a great combo.

neway

:facepalm: at dumb young noobs that don't know what they are doin'. o well they will learn

and remember darwin awards

--------------------

OfflineI_AM_SWIM

#568047 - 06/28/11 02:41 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

ValleyGirl said:
My friend smoked way too much of it, started to throw up a lot, and had a heart attack.

sounds like your friend may have had heart/blood problems to begin with.

I don't see how someone can throw up from the stuff. It always seems to make my nausea go away, as with many other cannabinoids. :shrug:

Maybe your friend had other physiological problems before ingesting the RC, and thus the RC exasperated the problems. :shrug:

either way I still don't think it's a good idea to make it illegal, because people will still be able to get it.

--------------------

OfflineI_AM_SWIM

#568049 - 06/28/11 02:43 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

ValleyGirl said:

Plus I'm going to need evidence that this is true, like a news reporting
or an obituary report. Because anybody can say anything on the internet.
And you could be lying for all anyone knows. The only deaths from the JWH
substance that have been reported are due to peoples own idiocy,
and not the drug itself.

--------------------

OfflineValleyGirl
Space Cadet
Female

Re: I am currently helping a case to get JWH illegalized... conflict of interest, etc. [Re: I_AM_SWIM]
    #568056 - 06/28/11 03:39 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Sure, I can get a you link to the toxicology reports and cause of death once they are released.

Again, my whole stance in the courts will be Legalize Real Weed so the unregulated stuff isn't needed.

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

#568060 - 06/28/11 04:21 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I get it, but I don't think "illegalizing" is the answer, especially when JWH is directly related to what you want legal, marijuana(cannabinoid central)...Doesn't that put us 2 steps back??

Yea, I still think your friend had something other than JWH...Rapid heart beat, while yes it could have been a dehydration issue or something else, is usually consistent with some type of stimulant overuse(as well as the vomitting) it sounds a lot like he got some good bathsalt and thought it was JWH or cannabinoid for whatever reason, used more than he should because those chems are active at veryyyy low doses like fit on the tip of your swiss army knife small.

Some people are treating these things like cutup cocaine when they aren't they're, or at least should be, very high purity. I bet if this person had dosed a tiny hit and found the right dose without diving balls in to a drug they know nothing about he/she would be alive. I'm sorry for your loss and I don't want to diminish what has happened,

but I don't think making it illegal is the answer....Does that make it go away? No, JWH is here to stay. Has making any drug illegal caused the use of that particular drug to lessen? I doubt it, maybe a small few but not many.

Point is educate, don't discriminate :crankey:

--------------------
Suck my balls America

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#568064 - 06/28/11 04:28 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Also if he did die from JWH toxicity it was likely he consumed way over the needed amount to get high.  Which, with all due respect, is either his fault or the person who gave him the bowl to smoke.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:

Edited by THEBats (06/28/11 04:28 PM)

OfflineI_AM_SWIM

#568095 - 06/28/11 06:29 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

ValleyGirl said:
Sure, I can get a you link to the toxicology reports and cause of death once they are released.

Again, my whole stance in the courts will be Legalize Real Weed so the unregulated stuff isn't needed.

That's great, but ummm.

The unregulated stuff doesn't have to be illegalized in order
for it not to be needed by the general public.
Once the real deal is legal, nobody would need the synthetics.
Illegalizing JWH-xxx chemicals may make it difficult for chemists
to study.

I'll be waiting for those toxicology reports
and cause of death.
Be sure to post them here. :smile:

--------------------

Offlinevolcomstoner
Just one more xanax
 User Gallery

Loc: Gaybec
    #568101 - 06/28/11 06:37 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

If you know someone that really died from JWH alone from taking too high of a dose, If JWH was kept legal and was regulated as a recreational drug, that person could have probably had much easier access to dosage advice avoiding this fatal overdose.

Prohibition is never the answer, people will always find a way to obtain certain drugs and they will most likely remain to be completely uneducated about the risks associated with that drug.

--------------------

Vas donc jouer dans le traffic

OfflineI_AM_SWIM

Re: I am currently helping a case to get JWH illegalized... conflict of interest, etc. [Re: volcomstoner]
    #568373 - 06/29/11 11:03 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

volcomstoner said:
If you know someone that really died from JWH alone from taking too high of a dose, If JWH was kept legal and was regulated as a recreational drug, that person could have probably had much easier access to dosage advice avoiding this fatal overdose.

Prohibition is never the answer, people will always find a way to obtain certain drugs and they will most likely remain to be completely uneducated about the risks associated with that drug.

QFT

--------------------

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
    #568438 - 06/29/11 11:03 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

This thread has been closed.

Reason:
OP's request.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag