Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleCrayolaHalls
Dreams of Oceans
Male

Re: Cant wait to buy a Snake! [Re: iStoner]
    #521174 - 01/30/11 10:06 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

iStoner said:
:lol: yeah it was a vague suggestion i think i heard on like the animal planet or something. I dont even know. I knew no one should do it, but thank you for correcting me.
:feelsgoodman:

Its cool.  :thumbup:  That kind of stuff comes up all the time at the local herpetological groups.  TV shows constantly short cut information or pass on wrong information in a rush to produce material.

--------------------
I am not a cannabis grower.  I find the cannabis growers to be the most open to experimenting and sharing out of all of the different botany groups I enjoy.  I frequently use the suggestions that I find to apply to own organic gardening and food production.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineninja cat 09
Made you look
Male

Loc: Mexico Flag
Re: Cant wait to buy a Snake! [Re: CrayolaHalls]
    #521179 - 01/30/11 10:09 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

why dont you want another one?

Never really thought about getting another one, I don't see why not except that terrarium might get a bit crowded.

--------------------

OfflineChoix Sinaloa
Coke
Male

Loc: Cali
    #521181 - 01/30/11 10:11 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

CrayolaHalls said:
Quote:

KillerPicklez said:
I recommend buying a snake from a local "captive born" reptile dealer. There are lots of reptile stores, I would avoid buying any animal from Petco or a chain store, imo.

Petco might be the absolute worst offender when it comes to the treatment of animals by chain stores. 

Snakes that have been captive bred in your home country have a much better chance of survival and are a more sustainable option for the species.  Some snake importers have horrific trafficking practices as well as gather animals in ways that demolish populations. 

I will try to stay off the soap box and suggest if you really are interested to do some web searches.

hmm
ya ive seen the animal planet doc on pet land but aint nothing going to change.

i was just saying because if i say i like star-bucks everyone will say star bucks is gay bla bla bla

--------------------
My lesbian neighbors gave me a watch, i guess they misunderstood when i said i wanted to watch.

:[

InvisibleCrayolaHalls
Dreams of Oceans
Male

Re: Cant wait to buy a Snake! [Re: Choix Sinaloa]
    #521184 - 01/30/11 10:22 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Choix Sinaloa said:
Quote:

CrayolaHalls said:
Quote:

KillerPicklez said:
I recommend buying a snake from a local "captive born" reptile dealer. There are lots of reptile stores, I would avoid buying any animal from Petco or a chain store, imo.

Petco might be the absolute worst offender when it comes to the treatment of animals by chain stores. 

Snakes that have been captive bred in your home country have a much better chance of survival and are a more sustainable option for the species.  Some snake importers have horrific trafficking practices as well as gather animals in ways that demolish populations. 

I will try to stay off the soap box and suggest if you really are interested to do some web searches.

hmm

i was just saying because if i say i like star-bucks everyone will say star bucks is gay bla bla bla

Nah, it goes further than just a trendy or anti-trendy response.  I have personally caught them doing some crazy shit and just plain avoid them now.  I wrote 4 letters to their HQ and when they never responded I gave up.

In many ways the reptile trade suffers the same issues that chain dog stores do because of the puppy mills they rely on.

For me I ultimately decided to purchase from people where I could inspect parental stock, inspect housing practices, and get reviews from others who have done business with them.

I'm not completely against buying from stores, but that is also because I have a few really good stores around me that have been open for years and I have had a chance to get to know the owners.

--------------------
I am not a cannabis grower.  I find the cannabis growers to be the most open to experimenting and sharing out of all of the different botany groups I enjoy.  I frequently use the suggestions that I find to apply to own organic gardening and food production.

OfflineChoix Sinaloa
Coke
Male

#521197 - 01/30/11 11:12 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

CrayolaHalls said:
Quote:

Choix Sinaloa said:
Quote:

CrayolaHalls said:
Quote:

KillerPicklez said:

hmm

Nah, it goes further than just a trendy or anti-trendy response.  I have personally caught them doing some crazy shit and just plain avoid them now.  I wrote 4 letters to their HQ and when they never responded I gave up.

In many ways the reptile trade suffers the same issues that chain dog stores do because of the puppy mills they rely on.

For me I ultimately decided to purchase from people where I could inspect parental stock, inspect housing practices, and get reviews from others who have done business with them.

I'm not completely against buying from stores, but that is also because I have a few really good stores around me that have been open for years and I have had a chance to get to know the owners.

i can understand that.
but yesterday i went to petco looking for a corn snake and they didint have none, so i went yesterday i went to my local shop and damn that was nasty.

i walked in and the smell was incredibly smelly and it was so unbearable and i had to leave shocked.

when i was little we had another pet store that i liked and this neighbor girl was doing the same thing you are doing, like writing letters and stuff so they closed down...

still want that corn snake tho:(

--------------------
My lesbian neighbors gave me a watch, i guess they misunderstood when i said i wanted to watch.

InvisibleCrayolaHalls
Dreams of Oceans
Male

Re: Cant wait to buy a Snake! [Re: Choix Sinaloa]
    #521215 - 01/30/11 01:09 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Choix Sinaloa said:

www.kingsnake.com

You will find a ton of reputable breeders there.  Maybe a couple jerks, but many of them are good people who have reputations to protect.  Try the classified section and look for breeders in your area.  You have Afghanistan listed as your location.  If that is true, this may not be so helpful.

--------------------

OfflineChoix Sinaloa
Coke
Male

#521223 - 01/30/11 01:32 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

CrayolaHalls said:
Quote:

Choix Sinaloa said:

www.kingsnake.com

You will find a ton of reputable breeders there.  Maybe a couple jerks, but many of them are good people who have reputations to protect.  Try the classified section and look for breeders in your area.  You have Afghanistan listed as your location.  If that is true, this may not be so helpful.

haha na im in california

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom