Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineCoaster
I'm Back Baby
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sativa Central Flag
My Father Lost it
    #381330 - 03/10/10 03:16 PM (14 years, 12 days ago)

This may end up being a pretty lengthy post. But it is kind of serious and I would really appreciate some insight if anyone has any to offer.

I just got a call from my mother, explaining that she is extremely worried about my father. Basically my dad has completely lost it. Currently he is taking a generic form of Zoloft (Sertraline 100mg) and has been on it for about 3 months I believe. A few days ago, he started emailing me talking about a "top secret" invention he came up with and that I would need to contact him on a "secure line" since people could steal his idea. At the time I thought he was just joking and didn't think anything of it and kind of played along but now it is apparent he was dead serious. He has completely started to disregard his job. He hasn't payed mortgage or any bills since October. He is really jeopardizing not only himself but our entire family.

I really think this all is stemming from the Zoloft. I think it is fucking with his brain, I have always hated these fucking SSRI's and think they are evil. He does have some underlying issues though. His sister died a few months ago, and his mother 4 years before that. Another one of his inventions is somehow creating a program where it can collect everyone's memories and will have the ability to instantly import them into someone elses conscious. He said he wants to make this for my little sister, since she never had a chance to know her grandmother or aunt.

I think he has finally just snapped. Now apparently, he has been recording his thoughts non stop, recordings full of inventions. He is staying up all night recording hours upon hours, creating facebook groups about his ideas so "nobody else steals them." He has always been a tech guy but nothing like this. He just got into Facebook and it has gone straight to his head - Facebook addiction is now at a whole new level.

I just don't know what to do. I just drove all the way home from college to try and help my mother. She is freaking out and worried for her safety it seems. He hasnt been violent but she is worried that it could escalate to that since he has been deteriorating exponentially the past few days.

I guess I am asking for suggestions on how to handle this. Can I get him committed? Where should he go? What if he refuses help? Can he be forced to somehow? He CAN NOT continue this, we will lose our house....everything! Most of all, do you think the Zoloft has a good part in this? is 100mg a high dose for someone who has only been taking it for a few months. I am extremely pissed off at his Dr. I actually called him and he was such a fucking joke. He told me that mood swings, euphoric fantasies, etc are not known side effects, and actually told me that his dosage should be INCREASED! I let him have it after that - this Dr. is script happy. I think he should be sued for malpractice.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHomosapian
DMT
Male User Gallery

Loc: Austin , TX
Re: My Father Lost it [Re: Coaster]
    #381335 - 03/10/10 03:21 PM (14 years, 12 days ago)

"he started emailing me talking about a "top secret" invention he came up with and that I would need to contact him on a "secure line" since people could steal his idea"
im sorry but.... :rofl: :rofl2:

--------------------

OfflineMoonajuana Time
doin'

Re: My Father Lost it [Re: Homosapian]
    #381342 - 03/10/10 03:40 PM (14 years, 12 days ago)

HAHAHA

--------------------
doin doin'

OfflineCoaster
I'm Back Baby
Male User Gallery

Re: My Father Lost it [Re: Moonajuana Time]
    #381343 - 03/10/10 03:43 PM (14 years, 12 days ago)

stop laughing this is serious :snub:

--------------------

InvisibleShr0000ooooms
Cannabis Sampler

Loc: Hindu Kush Mountains
    #381346 - 03/10/10 03:51 PM (14 years, 12 days ago)

um....

tell him to stop taking the zoloft.....

--------------------
If I'm posting I'm high.

OfflineCoaster
I'm Back Baby
Male User Gallery

Re: My Father Lost it [Re: Shr0000ooooms]
    #381348 - 03/10/10 03:56 PM (14 years, 12 days ago)

u cant just stop cold turkey plus he wont respond to my suggestions

--------------------

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
    #381349 - 03/10/10 03:59 PM (14 years, 12 days ago)

Holy shit man, good luck.

I guess try to tell him to stop? I don't know what else you CAN do.

Switch his shit with something similar (water pills). But I doubt you are supposed to stop that cold-turkey. IDK much about pharms, but I doubt thats a good idea.

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

Invisibleurk
Male
Re: My Father Lost it [Re: RasJeph]
    #381350 - 03/10/10 04:01 PM (14 years, 12 days ago)

buy some lower dose zoloft and swap em out haha

OfflineHarlz

Loc: cloudz
    #381355 - 03/10/10 04:18 PM (14 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

Coaster said:

haha coaster you've been crying wolf for so long no one cares when you are serious ,

People have been trying to help you with your addictions, you never showed the same sincerity and seriousness to those people, don't expect any help

and besides, the internet is the last place thats gonna help you now

InvisibleShr0000ooooms
Cannabis Sampler

Re: My Father Lost it [Re: Harlz]
    #381357 - 03/10/10 04:19 PM (14 years, 12 days ago)

At least link us to the facebook pages :yesnod:

--------------------
If I'm posting I'm high.

OfflineMoonajuana Time
doin'

#381360 - 03/10/10 04:24 PM (14 years, 12 days ago)

I want to be :coaster:'s crazy father's facebook friend!

--------------------
doin doin'

InvisibleShr0000ooooms
Cannabis Sampler

Re: My Father Lost it [Re: Moonajuana Time]
    #381365 - 03/10/10 04:44 PM (14 years, 12 days ago)

I knew this was bound to happen to a member of Coaster's family.

--------------------
If I'm posting I'm high.

OfflineCannaboid
Gang Green Gang
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #381366 - 03/10/10 04:48 PM (14 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

Harlz said:
Quote:

Coaster said:

haha coaster you've been crying wolf for so long no one cares when you are serious ,

People have been trying to help you with your addictions, you never showed the same sincerity and seriousness to those people, don't expect any help

No reason to be a dick.

Coast, just talk to him face to face about how his doings has been affecting his life and yalls. Tell him how much it is ruining the family.

Besides that, I have no idea. Good luck brother.

--------------------

OfflineDoitagain
Smoothie therapist
Male User Gallery

Loc: i am everywhere and nowhe...
    #381369 - 03/10/10 04:53 PM (14 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

Harlz said:
Quote:

Coaster said:

what you just said sounds so retarded.

just because coaster didn't listen to you when you came offering advice about his personal life that he never asked for in the first place, you're gonna turn a blind eye when hes asking for help about someone close to him, .

Seriously dude fuck off harlz, you've never been a key part of this community and you don't know how we do things around her, we talk shit in the thunderdome for the lulz, but when someone in this community asks for advice on a serious personal matter we don't tell them to fuck off because they didn't want to listen when we started preaching to them about their life.

Honestly i've just realized how incredibly small and petty of a person you are, to be as fucked up to kenny as that.

--------------------
ltd said:
fgts just don't understand

keep the shit

OfflineDoitagain
Smoothie therapist
Male User Gallery

Loc: i am everywhere and nowhe...
Re: My Father Lost it [Re: Cannaboid]
    #381373 - 03/10/10 04:57 PM (14 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

Cannaboid said:
Quote:

Harlz said:
Quote:

Coaster said:

No reason to be a dick.

Coast, just talk to him face to face about how his doings has been affecting his life and yalls. Tell him how much it is ruining the family.

Besides that, I have no idea. Good luck brother.

yeah i agree with that, i think probably he knows its not real but the fantasy hes created in his head is more desirable than reality for him.

You can have him 51/50ed if you can say there are concerns about his safety, honestly i have been 51.50ed before and i would say use this only as a last resort.

He's probably still inside there, talk to him man to man and tell him it has to stop.  That's the best advice i can give to you in your situation which i would not wish on my worst enemy man.

--------------------
ltd said:
fgts just don't understand

keep the shit

OfflineTangerines
Grease Wizard
Male

#381374 - 03/10/10 04:58 PM (14 years, 12 days ago)

The nut doesn't fall too far from the tree, Coaster.

I think you should start taking the his zoloft to preemptively fight your obvious mental deterioration.

also, :ilold: That was the funny post I have read all day.  The part about secret messages and recording for hours on end just put a real solid mental image in my head of Coaster's father sitting in his underwear babbling on about childrens safety razors and tickle me jesus.

And now for sincerity, yes it is the zoloft and yes take him to the looney bin before he hurts your poor mother.  I would honestly be more worried about your mother.

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Truthfully, I'm a bullshitter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greenbow, Alabama
    #381385 - 03/10/10 05:09 PM (14 years, 12 days ago)

Damn Coaster, that's crazy.

What I would do is just sit and talk with him for a while. Just you and him. Try to get in his head a little bit and maybe find out what's bothering him. Just basically hang out with him for a while. That should give you more insight as to what the problem might be. Hanging out with his son might make him happy for at least a few mins. It would be good for the both of you to sit and just chill for a while.

I agree though that it could be stemming from the Zoloft.

I've been through some shit like this. I've got a CRAZY aunt. You can't really just call an institution and have someone committed. You might want to stay home for a couple days and if it gets too crazy. But it has to be like...CRAZINESS. You should know it when you see it. You can't talk to them, it's only what's in their head that they are freaking out about. It sounds like your dad might be starting his journey down that road though, so I would DEFINITELY stay in touch with the homefront more. What we ended up having to do was just call 911 and they'll put them there for a 24 or 48 hour observation and if it's bad enough, they'll go to an institution from there for however long it takes for them to get it together.

And definitely, definitely, definitely get another opinion from a few doctors and see what they think about the situation. Increasing his dosage doesn't sound like the appropriate thing to do imo. Then again, I'm no medical expert.

And I wouldn't wait too long to do all of this because if he is deteriorating as fast as you said over the past few days, it probably isn't going to change until some drastic measures are taken, one way or the other. Some sleep would probably help him too because of the lack of it he's been experiencing lately, but I definitely don't think that's the whole problem.

I've been through something fairly similar to this with my aunt, so I'm not just talking out of my ass btw.

Best wishes Coaster, I'd like to hear some updates eventually.

Oh yeah, I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt that you're being serious here too.

--------------------

OfflineHarlz

Loc: cloudz
Re: My Father Lost it [Re: Doitagain]
    #381386 - 03/10/10 05:09 PM (14 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

Doitagain said:
Quote:

Harlz said:
Quote:

Coaster said:

what you just said sounds so retarded.

just because coaster didn't listen to you when you came offering advice about his personal life that he never asked for in the first place, you're gonna turn a blind eye when hes asking for help about someone close to him, .

Seriously dude fuck off harlz, you've never been a key part of this community and you don't know how we do things around her, we talk shit in the thunderdome for the lulz, but when someone in this community asks for advice on a serious personal matter we don't tell them to fuck off because they didn't want to listen when we started preaching to them about their life.

Honestly i've just realized how incredibly small and petty of a person you are, to be as fucked up to kenny as that.

I didnt offer, nor deny help and I don't care what you think of me, haha , and when I said he didn't show the people trying to help him earlier the same sympathy and seriousness, I did not at all refer to myself in any way, more like harry ballsach and inverted who were trying to get him straight and he just posted pics of more H

and as for being a part of this community don't make me laugh its the internet, there is no community

call me small, call me petty,

but in the end, all I did was type some words to a completely imaginary person as far as Im concerned,

:bonghit:

OfflineCoaster
I'm Back Baby
Male User Gallery

#381390 - 03/10/10 05:11 PM (14 years, 12 days ago)

whats the difference between imaginary and reality its all based on individual perceptions

--------------------

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Truthfully, I'm a bullshitter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greenbow, Alabama
    #381392 - 03/10/10 05:13 PM (14 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

Coaster said:
whats the difference between imaginary and reality its all based on individual perceptions

You kinda answered your own question right there.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom