Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild & Free
This is sad.
    #357524 - 02/04/10 07:23 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I come to realize when I see someone that appears to be your stereotypical stoner that I expect them to be stupid. Not like stupid beyond measurement, but I never expect them to be especially smart. I almost consider this place a haven as a place where there are at least a handfuls or twos worth of intelligent pot smokers.

Do you guys have any assumptions you make towards other people you meet that obviously smoke? I try not to but it is just to often true for me to think differently.

Is it often true in bigger cities too?

--------------------
"Je pense, donc je suis (I am thinking, therefore I am)." -Rene Descartes

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineI_AM_SWIM
Someone Who Isn't McKenna

Re: This is sad. [Re: Thebooedocksaint]
    #357527 - 02/04/10 07:34 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I think it's best to not judge anyone, or at least make that into a practice.

I do think a good portion of society, that are intelligent and open minded end up smoking weed as a hobby, or at least do not shun the act of smoking.

:feelsgoodman:

--------------------
:tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna:

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Re: This is sad. [Re: I_AM_SWIM]
    #357531 - 02/04/10 07:41 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

I_AM_SWIM said:
I think it's best to not judge anyone, or at least make that into a practice.

I do think a good portion of society, that are intelligent and open minded end up smoking weed as a hobby, or at least do not shun the act of smoking.

Wow I really like those sayings. I try not to judge people, it just happens. I say the phrase "That's gay" all the time and understand it is wrong to say it. I am a product of the south eastern kansas society, and try to fight it as I might it is the culture I was raised in. I can run and run from in but it will always be who I am.

Just thank god I'm not a mindless republican. I can't wait to see the faces of people at voter registration when they ask me my political affiliation and I say Liberation. They might actually :feelsbadman: from hearing me say it.

--------------------

OfflineI_AM_SWIM

#357536 - 02/04/10 08:01 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah it happens from time to time, but if you can catch yourself doing that, you can try and avoid it. Eventually it becomes easier to catch yourself and makes changes

I used to say "thats gay" a lot, but managed to replace 'gay' with 'lame'.
It works quite well actually.

There are good and bad thangs with every culture, it may be best to represent the culture you were born and raised by, by the good thangs.

Out with the bad thangs, and in with the good thangs.

But we should never forget the bad thangs we have done, we should use them as a reminder and remind ourselves of the progress we have made and are making. These reminders also should help us to avoid repeating history.

Those sayings were from the book 'The four agreements', in case you were wondering.

--------------------
:tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna:

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

#357538 - 02/04/10 08:04 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

I_AM_SWIM said:
Yeah it happens from time to time, but if you can catch yourself doing that, you can try and avoid it. Eventually it becomes easier to catch yourself and makes changes

I used to say "thats gay" a lot, but managed to replace 'gay' with 'lame'.
It works quite well actually.

There are good and bad thangs with every culture, it may be best to represent the culture you were born and raised by, by the good thangs.

Out with the bad thangs, and in with the good thangs.

But we should never forget the bad thangs we have done, we should use them as a reminder and remind ourselves of the progress we have made and are making. These reminders also should help us to avoid repeating history.

Those sayings were from the book 'The four agreements', in case you were wondering.

I might try to get a hold of that book. Right now  I am reading Generations.

It is a book about the cyclic repeating of generations.

--------------------

Edited by Thebooedocksaint (02/04/10 08:06 AM)

OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oaktown to NOLA
    #357549 - 02/04/10 09:13 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Boondocksaint- rock on brotha.  Nothing wrong with you.  Saying that something is gay can offend people, but just be careful around your homo buddies.  And about judging stoners.  I would say that the average stoner is dumber than the average non-stoner.  A lot of stoners that you meet will be significantly dumber than you or I.  However, there are obviously a large number of smart, interesting, high performing stoners as well.  I am much quicker to judge someone who is hostile to stoners/ganja in general as a worthless person who I could never get along with.

OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oaktown to NOLA
Re: This is sad. [Re: SmOakland]
    #357550 - 02/04/10 09:14 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Oh and btw they say that stuff is "gay" in liberal Berkeley CA just as much as they say it here in the deep south New Orlean LA, so don't blame your culture.

OfflineI_AM_SWIM

Re: This is sad. [Re: SmOakland]
    #357572 - 02/04/10 10:35 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

SmOakland said:
Oh and btw they say that stuff is "gay" in liberal Berkeley CA just as much as they say it here in the deep south New Orlean LA, so don't blame your culture.

Yeah, i don't think the negative use of "gay" comes from a specific region, (well it had to start somewhere, but it's like it branches off from pure hate, which could mean, it could start at many places at the same time, under the right circumstances).

Not so much regions, but more like ideas.
Ideas seem to come from not just only one person but many people collectively. I'm sure there are some people that come up with unique ideas that nobody has ever thought of before.

Those people are probably usually seen as outcasts.

People in the past were constantly afraid of people that were different from them, so the only way they could cope with their own insecurities was through the power of hate.

It's funny, and sad looking back as a child, when i was like 12 years old, me and a group of friends would pick on this one kid who didn't believe in God, we were like (UR CRAZY, WTF IS EVOLUTION YO? GOD MADE IT DUH, UR A LOSER KID)

So it just goes to show how religion has done more harm than the good that it's supposed to be doin'.

:feelsbadman: is hate is :feelsbadman:
:feelsgoodman: is love is :feelsgoodman:

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
    #357612 - 02/04/10 11:51 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Collective Conscious

Ever heard of 100 monkeys?

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

OfflineI_AM_SWIM

Re: This is sad. [Re: Inverted]
    #357670 - 02/04/10 01:33 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Never heard of 100 monkeys, what is it?

--------------------

OfflineCosmoCoastin
BURRstingg
 User Gallery

Loc: Black Hole
    #357867 - 02/04/10 11:08 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I know a lot of very intelligent people that smoke weed.  I think making a connection between people smoking weed and being dumb is very hard to prove.

--------------------
occupied: perZonal chemica-lecular reZearch

BOUT TA GET ON DOWN

Edited by CosmoCoastin (02/05/10 12:07 AM)

OfflineMFDoom666
trash hoarder
Male User Gallery

Loc: emerica
Re: This is sad. [Re: CosmoCoastin]
    #358019 - 02/05/10 12:36 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

--------------------

FurrowedBrow said:

They should teach african engineering at the college level.  mcgyver 101

Harry_Ba11sach said:

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#358024 - 02/05/10 12:46 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

I_AM_SWIM said:

I'll shorten the story up.

Apparently there was this isolated island and it was inhabited by somewhere around 100 monkeys.  One monkey randomly decided to start rinsing his fruit off in a freshwater stream and so other monkeys started following along until all 100 or so of them on the island washed their fruit before eating it.  At a separate location completely cut off from that monkey society, other monkeys started washing off their fruit too.  It spread over land and sea, even where physical connections were impossible, yet the so called "collective conscious" of enough monkeys together was enough to be picked up by other monkeys hundreds or thousands of miles apart.

It's like with humans if some group of kids comes up with a word for something, and I'll use "Dank" as an example here, and they use it within their group of friends but then at school other friends hear it and start saying Dank and eventually, without even using any type of communication, people around the country start using the term to describe good bud, because collectively there are enough people for the information to be "out there" and anyone in tune can pick it up randomly and not know why.

Choose to believe it or not, but I believe this theory is true.  I have thoughts hit me so strong sometimes that I can't help but know it was coming from the collective conscious of humans.  I'll maybe call someone who the thought involved and they will tell me they were just thinking the same thing.  This is all just a situational example but It's the best I could describe w/out coming off like a nut.

:happyweed:

--------------------

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
    #358031 - 02/05/10 12:57 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

That sounds a little far fetched to me.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: This is sad. [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #358062 - 02/05/10 01:55 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Is it?

--------------------

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Loc: Flag
    #358139 - 02/05/10 03:44 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Everyone judges people immediatly. But I dont treat anyone differently until I really get to know them. Because sometimes people just act weird or stupid on purpose.

OfflineI_AM_SWIM

#358719 - 02/06/10 11:05 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Inverted said:
Quote:

I_AM_SWIM said:

Apparently there was this isolated island and it was inhabited by somewhere around 100 monkeys.  One monkey randomly decided to start rinsing his fruit off in a freshwater stream and so other monkeys started following along until all 100 or so of them on the island washed their fruit before eating it.  At a separate location completely cut off from that monkey society, other monkeys started washing off their fruit too.  It spread over land and sea, even where physical connections were impossible, yet the so called "collective conscious" of enough monkeys together was enough to be picked up by other monkeys hundreds or thousands of miles apart.

It's like with humans if some group of kids comes up with a word for something, and I'll use "Dank" as an example here, and they use it within their group of friends but then at school other friends hear it and start saying Dank and eventually, without even using any type of communication, people around the country start using the term to describe good bud, because collectively there are enough people for the information to be "out there" and anyone in tune can pick it up randomly and not know why.

Choose to believe it or not, but I believe this theory is true.  I have thoughts hit me so strong sometimes that I can't help but know it was coming from the collective conscious of humans.  I'll maybe call someone who the thought involved and they will tell me they were just thinking the same thing.  This is all just a situational example but It's the best I could describe w/out coming off like a nut.

That doesn't sound like nuts to me, I see it as a pretty valid theory.

Sometimes I wonder if dreams work in a similar way, like when everyone goes to sleep, it sort of acts like a network to a collective consciousness. So two people could actually 'dream' of a very similar place, and somehow synchronize up with each other within their dreams.

Theres a phenomena called 'Shared Dreaming' and this is why I think that it's possible, at the very least.

There is one other possibility though, and that could be that everything in the past is set in stone, and so a group of people could make a discovery and another group of people could make the same or similar discovery on the other side of the world, based on necessities for survival and the information given to us from the past.

but, they could both be true :tongue:

Who knows, the entire universe is just completely :crazy2: anyway, anythang is possible. Tripping just makes it :aweoverdose::crazy2::aweoverdose::feelsgoodman::drgonz::crazy2:

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#358731 - 02/06/10 11:11 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Hell yeah man.  I totally agree with everything you said.

I think that's just the way it is.  But I have eaten enough LSD to consider thangs like this as plausible on a regular basis.

:thumbup:

--------------------

Invisiblemel_lonta_tauda
Male User Gallery
Loc: the sun
    #358750 - 02/06/10 11:21 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

I_AM_SWIM said:
Quote:

Inverted said:
Quote:

I_AM_SWIM said:

kinda like how different civilizations across the seas from each other had their own visualization of 'god' or 'deity' drawn on the walls for us to find?  or even the first documentations of psychedelic/mind altering substances shared round the world...    there's no real point to my comment, just throwin it out there :rofl:

Quote:

I_AM_SWIM said:
That doesn't sound like nuts to me, I see it as a pretty valid theory.

Sometimes I wonder if dreams work in a similar way, like when everyone goes to sleep, it sort of acts like a network to a collective consciousness. So two people could actually 'dream' of a very similar place, and somehow synchronize up with each other within their dreams.

Theres a phenomena called 'Shared Dreaming' and this is why I think that it's possible, at the very least.

There is one other possibility though, and that could be that everything in the past is set in stone, and so a group of people could make a discovery and another group of people could make the same or similar discovery on the other side of the world, based on necessities for survival and the information given to us from the past.

but, they could both be true :tongue:

Who knows, the entire universe is just completely :crazy2: anyway, anythang is possible. Tripping just makes it :aweoverdose::crazy2::aweoverdose::feelsgoodman::drgonz::crazy2:

here's an interesting article where many people 'round the world share the same figure in their dreams: http://www.thisman.org/index.htm

Quote:

every night throughout the world hundreds of people dream about this face

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Re: This is sad. [Re: mel_lonta_tauda]
    #358754 - 02/06/10 11:22 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

LOL.

Offlineb0b gnarley
 User Gallery

#358762 - 02/06/10 11:26 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

the human experience of life has been the same throughout time
hence, mythology

waking life, motherfuckers
watch it

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Re: This is sad. [Re: b0b gnarley]
    #358765 - 02/06/10 11:28 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

To drunk to watch it.

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: This is sad. [Re: Triptonic]
    #358891 - 02/07/10 01:01 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I watched that movie while rolling and tripping extremely hard.

It was a lifechanger...

--------------------

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#358894 - 02/07/10 01:02 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

:whacker:

Offlineb0b gnarley
 User Gallery

Re: This is sad. [Re: Triptonic]
    #358920 - 02/07/10 01:14 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Re: This is sad. [Re: b0b gnarley]
    #358922 - 02/07/10 01:15 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

lol.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder