Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinelostinbq
!!!STARNGE!!!!

ants are amazing!!
    #451587 - 07/26/10 03:46 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

so i got this cat and her name by day is pretty. her name by night is DEFENDOR!! she leaves me many presents. birds, squirrels, mice and shrews!! well lets say this is over a corse of a day and a half and the ants did not do all of this but thay are shure enough trying to take the rest back to the aint hill..

i went back out a hour later and it was missing.. these frikers are always biting my feet too.

--------------------
Everyone are you ready for doom,
Because I've blackened the sun,
And I've bloodied the moon.
I bring gloom when I step in the room,
With the fumes of a tomb.
flowers bloom when Im taken away
:rofldrunk:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineChillWillis
old school fool

Re: ants are amazing!! [Re: lostinbq]
    #451589 - 07/26/10 03:53 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Fuck you for making me waste my time trying to decipher this babble

--------------------

It's not a war on drugs, it's a war on personal freedom.

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

Re: ants are amazing!! [Re: ChillWillis]
    #451598 - 07/26/10 04:13 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

InvisibleiStoner
Astral Beast
Male

Re: ants are amazing!! [Re: THEBats]
    #451611 - 07/26/10 04:30 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

what the fuckkkkk :awewtf:

--------------------

Offlinekyuzo
Stranger Than Fiction

Re: ants are amazing!! [Re: iStoner]
    #451690 - 07/26/10 08:01 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

InvisibleT-Rex
Herbsman
Male User Gallery

Loc: Devils Marbles Flag
Re: ants are amazing!! [Re: kyuzo]
    #451774 - 07/27/10 12:29 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

That video is awesome:bongload:

I had no idea ant nests were so large, but I should have guessed after living in the Norther Territory where termite nests can get 4meters high out of the ground

--------------------

OfflineShaggy420
Male

Re: ants are amazing!! [Re: T-Rex]
    #451926 - 07/27/10 02:31 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

i used to eat ants when i was little:awesomenod:

--------------------

:Awemush::happyweed::fasted::happyweed::Awemush:

http://www.clear-uk.org/

InvisibleiStoner
Astral Beast
Male

Re: ants are amazing!! [Re: Shaggy420]
    #451953 - 07/27/10 03:59 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

TrippyStoner420 said:

i use to eat june bugs :shrug:

--------------------

Offlinekyuzo
Stranger Than Fiction

#451954 - 07/27/10 04:02 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

A single mega-colony of ants has colonised much of the world, scientists have discovered.

Argentine ants living in vast numbers across Europe, the US and Japan belong to the same inter-related colony, and will refuse to fight one another.

The colony may be the largest of its type ever known for any insect species, and could rival humans in the scale of its world domination.

What's more, people are unwittingly helping the mega-colony stick together.

Argentine ants (Linepithema humile) were once native to South America. But people have unintentionally introduced the ants to all continents except Antarctica.

These introduced Argentine ants are renowned for forming large colonies, and for becoming a significant pest, attacking native animals and crops.

In Europe, one vast colony of Argentine ants is thought to stretch for 6,000km (3,700 miles) along the Mediterranean coast, while another in the US, known as the "Californian large", extends over 900km (560 miles) along the coast of California. A third huge colony exists on the west coast of Japan.

While ants are usually highly territorial, those living within each super-colony are tolerant of one another, even if they live tens or hundreds of kilometres apart. Each super-colony, however, was thought to be quite distinct.

But it now appears that billions of Argentine ants around the world all actually belong to one single global mega-colony.

Researchers in Japan and Spain led by Eiriki Sunamura of the University of Tokyo found that Argentine ants living in Europe, Japan and California shared a strikingly similar chemical profile of hydrocarbons on their cuticles.

But further experiments revealed the true extent of the insects' global ambition.

The team selected wild ants from the main European super-colony, from another smaller one called the Catalonian super-colony which lives on the Iberian coast, the Californian super-colony and from the super-colony in west Japan, as well as another in Kobe, Japan.

They then matched up the ants in a series of one-on-one tests to see how aggressive individuals from different colonies would be to one another.

Ants from the smaller super-colonies were always aggressive to one another. So ants from the west coast of Japan fought their rivals from Kobe, while ants from the European super-colony didn't get on with those from the Iberian colony.

One big family

But whenever ants from the main European and Californian super-colonies and those from the largest colony in Japan came into contact, they acted as if they were old friends.

These ants rubbed antennae with one another and never became aggressive or tried to avoid one another.

In short, they acted as if they all belonged to the same colony, despite living on different continents separated by vast oceans.

The most plausible explanation is that ants from these three super-colonies are indeed family, and are all genetically related, say the researchers. When they come into contact, they recognise each other by the chemical composition of their cuticles.

"The enormous extent of this population is paralleled only by human society," the researchers write in the journal Insect Sociaux, in which they report their findings.

However, the irony is that it is us who likely created the ant mega-colony by initially transporting the insects around the world, and by continually introducing ants from the three continents to each other, ensuring the mega-colony continues to mingle.

"Humans created this great non-aggressive ant population," the researchers write.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/earth/hi/earth_news/newsid_8127000/8127519.stm

OfflineShaggy420
Male

#451956 - 07/27/10 04:19 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

iStoner said:
Quote:

TrippyStoner420 said:

i use to eat june bugs :shrug:

:dudewtf: those things are huge, and are probably crunchy. i just used to eat ants coz i liked the thought of them running around inside me :lol:

--------------------

:Awemush::happyweed::fasted::happyweed::Awemush:

http://www.clear-uk.org/

InvisibleiStoner
Astral Beast
Male

Re: ants are amazing!! [Re: Shaggy420]
    #451968 - 07/27/10 05:10 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

:rofl: nice dude, i was little. im not sure why exactly i ate them. they were crunchy though

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale