Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinecannabis_seeds
Stranger
 User Gallery

Help a Fellow Stoner? Crowdfunding to Save Older Lady's Home * 3
    #760224 - 12/03/14 02:21 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

It's came to our attention that one of our online friends is having a hard time. She's 60, she has multiple health problems, she lives on a fixed income & the county is now ready to demolish her home (it was damaged in Hurricane Sandy). She's been active in the cannabis community for most of her life & still knows how to do what she does best. (sorry for the euphamisms - trying to stay legal here)

FEMA couldn't help her. She couldn't find enough people to satisfy the 500 hour labor requirement for Habitat for Humanity when she applied a year ago. Local volunteer groups have been out, but felt the job was more than they could do.

Please read more at this crowdfunding project & help out if you can -- Save Cat's Home! - GoFundMe

If you can't afford to help monetarily, we understand and will send her any of your well wishes for emotional support. As you can probably imagine, she's been practically crippled by depression & anxiety now that she's faced with thoughts of being left homeless in the coming winter.

Please share this on your Facebook pages or Twitter accounts if you have them - there's nothing cannabis related in the crowdfunding link & we plan to keep it that way for Cat's privacy & to encourage donations from the non-420 set.

(Don't donate based on this because it's far from definite, but we are considering tieing in a seed raffle of sorts with the crowdfunding project if we can figure out a way to do it safely for both Cat & people who donate. If you donate prior to an announcement, we'll make sure you get credit for your donations.)

~~sherry

--------------------
Cannabis Seeds| Delivered discreetly WORLD WIDE!

Cannabis seeds | Buy Marijuana Seeds from the #1 UK Online Store

Follow us on twitter for special offers on premium beans.

Check our Gorilla Seeds Blog for the latest news.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Re: Help a Fellow Stoner? Crowdfunding to Save Older Lady's Home (moved) [Re: cannabis_seeds] * 1
    #760228 - 12/03/14 02:38 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

This thread was moved from Growery Sponsors Forum.

Reason:
Lets put this where more of the membership will see it shall we :thumbup:

:happyweed:

Offlinecannabis_seeds
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Help a Fellow Stoner? Crowdfunding to Save Older Lady's Home (moved) [Re: Magash]
    #760475 - 12/05/14 04:10 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

--------------------

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

Re: Help a Fellow Stoner? Crowdfunding to Save Older Lady's Home (moved) [Re: cannabis_seeds]
    #760477 - 12/05/14 04:24 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

:smokerage:  They shouldn't be able to do this to people.When I get some extra cash Ill donate dont even need seeds.

Keep us updated here, We care at the growery!

Budgrower

Offlinecannabis_seeds
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Help a Fellow Stoner? Crowdfunding to Save Older Lady's Home (moved) [Re: budgrowerwannabe]
    #760503 - 12/05/14 12:02 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

We'll update every few days - nothing much to report now.

It's just kind of a waiting game with the county. Once she talked to the building inspector, they didn't really want to do it, but one of the neighbors has money and is pushing for it, and the place is in really bad shape.

It sounds like they'll work with her within reason - but it always takes money and she doesn't have any.

~~sherry

--------------------

OfflineFRACTALife
Rust Fuckin' Cohle
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Carcosa Flag
Re: Help a Fellow Stoner? Crowdfunding to Save Older Lady's Home (moved) [Re: cannabis_seeds]
    #760506 - 12/05/14 12:18 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Wish I had money to donate... we just got evicted and had to move, but as soon as I got down extra cash in my pocket I will donate whatever I can. In the mean time I will tweet this out and have my dad do the same... I have over 1,000 followers and my dad has something like 5,000.... Hopefully some of them are richer than us. :lol:

--------------------

Offlinecannabis_seeds
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Help a Fellow Stoner? Crowdfunding to Save Older Lady's Home (moved) [Re: FRACTALife]
    #760529 - 12/05/14 03:07 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

FRACTALife said:
Wish I had money to donate... we just got evicted and had to move, but as soon as I got down extra cash in my pocket I will donate whatever I can. In the mean time I will tweet this out and have my dad do the same... I have over 1,000 followers and my dad has something like 5,000.... Hopefully some of them are richer than us. :lol:

Tweeting would me more than enough help. We know that a lot of people are having a hard time and don't want anyone to feel pressured to give something they can't afford.

Maybe some of them will re-tweet it or put it on their Facebook too.

Thanks for spreading the word!

I think you can also just leave comments on the GoFundMe page. If you just want to leave her a supportive message, I'm sure that would also make her day. She wasn't seeing any light at the end of the tunnel before we started talking about this. She said she was paralized by panic, depression & anxiety. Now that she sees people care, she's got a flurry of ideas.

So, there's lots of ways to help even if you can't donate a penny.

~~sherry

--------------------

Offlinecannabis_seeds
Stranger
 User Gallery

#760580 - 12/06/14 05:21 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

bumpity

--------------------

InvisibleGBurger717
Let me be me! I luv me some me!
Male

Loc: USA, East of Mississippi Flag
    #763314 - 12/25/14 07:02 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Is she in Jersey? And if so what part? I am willing to help if I can and its possible!

--------------------
"If only one party supports a bill, it's probably not a very good bill. If both parties support it, you can be sure that however good it seems on the surface, under the covers it's worse than you could possibly imagine" - Me myself and I 08-02-12

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty - Jefferson

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Jefferson

OfflineBubbaGump
Stranger

Re: Help a Fellow Stoner? Crowdfunding to Save Older Lady's Home (moved) [Re: GBurger717]
    #763388 - 12/26/14 09:56 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

I think I have old greendot cards with a couple bucks each on them I can donate today once I get them all together. Its sad to see shes only raised $455 out of $10, 000.

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

Re: Help a Fellow Stoner? Crowdfunding to Save Older Lady's Home (moved) [Re: BubbaGump]
    #763418 - 12/26/14 01:01 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

BubbaGump said:
I think I have old greendot cards with a couple bucks each on them I can donate today once I get them all together. Its sad to see shes only raised $455 out of $10, 000.

This isn't cool! wish I was rich I would buy that lady a house.

But im not Sometimes I have a hard time staying above water.

Hope she gets some more help.

Sending my :heart:

Invisibleskippy
Stoner

Loc: Oz
Re: Help a Fellow Stoner? Crowdfunding to Save Older Lady's Home (moved) [Re: budgrowerwannabe]
    #763842 - 12/30/14 04:50 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Can the go fund me thing expire? I usually don't sell smoke unless I'm broke but I'm thinking about throwing a bunch of autos in and whatever I make off that I'll donate to cat.

Offlinecannabis_seeds
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Help a Fellow Stoner? Crowdfunding to Save Older Lady's Home (moved) [Re: skippy]
    #764297 - 01/04/15 06:13 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

ye its pretty sad we've raised so little. we have plans to raffle some seed and goodie packs to help raise some more. we cant be a part of any illegal activity but if you have any spare cash in 8-10 weeks, we will work something out so she gets the money :wink:

--------------------

OfflineOzzy
Stranger

#764871 - 01/10/15 12:40 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

https://www.gofundme.com/savecatshome

Buuuump, bumpbump. Thats the sound of the fifties hitting in my trunk!

Just a quick bump. Bigger than Donations right now would be to promote this folks. Holidays are over people might have some motivation to help people now that they are done spending money on cheap made in china crap.

https://www.gofundme.com/savecatshome

Again please share, FB, Twitter, Direct email to friend's and family. We do not know what life  has in store for us, this could be US next year. Lets  please show this kind lady and the world some hope a positive force!

Also emails and phone calls to local media and businesses  asking that they consider helping in some way would be awesome. I know my local grow shop was happy to throw in some swag  for when we figure out raffles and such, maybe that local hardware store you always go to and knows you by name will be willing to donate $$,  supplies, or even marketing of the gofundme. Never know until you ask.

Since gift cards are not illegal maybe we could get some donated to raffle off?

Invisiblepoor boy
Village Idiot
 User Gallery

Re: Help a Fellow Stoner? Crowdfunding to Save Older Lady's Home (moved) [Re: Ozzy] * 3
    #764875 - 01/10/15 12:48 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Can I like get some money too? Give me a minute and I'm sure I could make yall feel bad about something that's going badly in my life...

--------------------
Learning to love life by living through loss and mistakes
Lessons learned then gradually surfacing, Letting go, stripping naked to scream
I am not perfect nor do I strive to be, I am alive in this world of face first falls and public breakdowns
I'm a retarded, disfigured clown
Dying to be heard through the simple art of letting this heavy wall finally fall
I'm an equal being of no race, or color, a hallucination if you will
Sneaking into the lives of strangers, and letting them fall apart to a new rhythm just to feel better

OfflineBumble_Dick
loathsome brute
Male User Gallery

Loc: cage-free tomatoes
Re: Help a Fellow Stoner? Crowdfunding to Save Older Lady's Home (moved) [Re: poor boy] * 1
    #788808 - 08/06/15 05:03 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Why is this still stickied?

Offlinevolcomstoner
Just one more xanax
 User Gallery

Loc: Gaybec
Re: Help a Fellow Stoner? Crowdfunding to Save Older Lady's Home (moved) [Re: FRACTALife] * 1
    #789678 - 08/15/15 08:30 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

FRACTALife said: we just got evicted and had to move

:haha:

--------------------

Vas donc jouer dans le traffic

Invisiblepoor boy
Village Idiot
 User Gallery

Re: Help a Fellow Stoner? Crowdfunding to Save Older Lady's Home (moved) [Re: volcomstoner]
    #789712 - 08/15/15 02:03 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

volcomstoner said:
Quote:

FRACTALife said: we just got evicted and had to move

:haha:

--------------------
Learning to love life by living through loss and mistakes
Lessons learned then gradually surfacing, Letting go, stripping naked to scream
I am not perfect nor do I strive to be, I am alive in this world of face first falls and public breakdowns
I'm a retarded, disfigured clown
Dying to be heard through the simple art of letting this heavy wall finally fall
I'm an equal being of no race, or color, a hallucination if you will
Sneaking into the lives of strangers, and letting them fall apart to a new rhythm just to feel better

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies