Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesupersiege
Strangerer

miracle grow questions plz help
    #332287 - 12/16/09 01:10 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

ok so i moved across the country and am starting off with no money once again, so i picked up some regular top soil and perlite with no nutrients in them whatso ever.... ive been using miracle grow 24-8-16 (i think) water soluable feed...im worried about burning my plants so my question is should i always feed them when i water or should i do it just once a week, the plants have signs of nitrogen def, i started at  about 50% what the box said and have raised it all the way to full serving with no burn yet, next question is with the water soluabl stuff can the nutes build up in the soil and eventually burn them? any help from someone with experience with these products would be great.

Also i am having serious problems with Ph in my area...no matter what i do to change it, it rebounds to around 8.6, will changing the ph then watering directly after be efficient enough. ive tried fish take ph which is sulfuric acid i believe and apple cider vinegar and neither can seem to keep the ph down, im not sure how long it is taking to go back up, i just noticed today...i keep my water in a bucket with some airstones to keep it from going stale could that have anything to do with it? any help would be greatly apprecieated

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: miracle grow questions plz help [Re: supersiege]
    #332310 - 12/16/09 01:26 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

First off, stop using Miracle Grow.  It's not designed for marijuana.  Yes your nutrients can build up in your soil and end up causing toxic salt build up. 

Questions

How old are you plants??

Clones or seeds??

What size of containers are they in??

How often are they getting water?

How much water are you giving them at each watering?

As a general rule of thumb you shouldn't be giving nutrients every time you feed.  Every other at most, and it is really going to depend on a lot of other parameters.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Offlineshakalaka
Stranger

Re: miracle grow questions plz help [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #332428 - 12/16/09 04:47 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

chuck out the miracle grow....setup a lemonade stand for a day....or pretend to have lost some limbs on a main street and beg. Once u obtain whatev it costs in ur country to get some basic hydroponic nutrient or basic organic fertilizer recipe recommended for pot...stop the cherade and go buy it asap. It would be worth the trouble...as miracle grow is shite.

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
    #332529 - 12/16/09 09:53 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
First off, stop using Miracle Grow.  It's not designed for marijuana.

To the point.

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
Re: miracle grow questions plz help [Re: KaptKid]
    #332540 - 12/16/09 10:51 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I've done just fine with MG for years...

You just don't use much is the key.

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

Re: miracle grow questions plz help [Re: KaptKid]
    #332542 - 12/16/09 10:52 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

KaptKid said:
Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
First off, stop using Miracle Grow.  It's not designed for marijuana.

To the point.

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
Re: miracle grow questions plz help [Re: Inverted]
    #332544 - 12/16/09 10:59 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Inverted said:
I've done just fine with MG for years...

You just don't use much is the key.

I too have used it but when I tried to do a large grow it let me down. What a waste of electricity.

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

Offlinesupersiege
Strangerer

#337961 - 12/29/09 06:30 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

alright well i havent been able to check this due to holidays and what not, hawk i appreciate your interest in helping me and not just spamming about miracle grow heres the answers to your questions below...over the past two weeks ive increased to 125% what the box says for feeding and have been using feed with every watering. i began adjusting the ph right before watering and seems to be working well enough. The mom plant looks great currently, still no burn at the tips either so ill keep increasing till i see that, the other 5 in the tote are also doing very well but are still alot lighter in color than the previous times ive grown these strains, maybe due to battling for nutes being all in one container but like i said this is a budget grow lol. as for the new bagseed i cant really be sure but they look awfully light too, but the person who took care of them while i was gone didnt realize they would need food too so we will see if the color comes back. I will post some pics on another thread and link them to start a journal, or move this one into a journal or something i dunno....

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
First off, stop using Miracle Grow.  It's not designed for marijuana.  Yes your nutrients can build up in your soil and end up causing toxic salt build up. 

Questions

How old are you plants??about 10 months now, they were flowering when i took the clones and they have been flowered once more since, because various reasons i chose to re veg them mostly to save my strain (sweet tooth)the younger ones are about 3 weeks i think.

Clones or seeds??  clones of sweet tooth blueberry fluff the others are from seed some random indica

What size of containers are they in?? 5 of them are in a 15 gal tote together, the future mom in about a 3 gal bucket, the bag seed in various 2 liter bottles old milk jugs and 1gal pots

How often are they getting water? the older plants are about up to every 2-3 days now, babies 4-5 days, i go by the weight of the container

How much water are you giving them at each watering? about 3 gals to do all 24 plants

As a general rule of thumb you shouldn't be giving nutrients every time you feed.  Every other at most, and it is really going to depend on a lot of other parameters.thats what im nervous about although the mix seems to drain almost as well as soiless mix i dont want to have to go through the trouble of flushing and whatnot if it happens, i will say that if i dont give them any food they start to eat themselves within a day or so even at 125% strength they are eating the older retarded leaves from re vegging but this may also the plant naturally dropping them idk

i realize miracle grow is not the best for pot guys this isnt my first rodeo, but its one of the few cheap fertilizers that also contains macro and micro nutrients, if you know what the plant actually needs to thrive you will understand what im trying to do here instead of just following directions on some dutchmaster case...basically  im trying to feed as if the plants were in a soiless mix or rockwool, in which case you always use food and control precisely what the plant is recieving problem is i only have the miracle grow sets to provide that ...most cheap soil mixes esp at regular stores like walmart and home depot all contain time release ferts which ive had fuck me in the past. The mix is about 50/50 topsoil/perlite and incase you dont know topsoil is just filler dirt, 1.50$ for 40 pounds, add in 4$ for enuff perlite for 80 pnds of dirt and 5$ for box of miracle mix for a grand total of 12$ gave me enough dirt and nutes for probably 40-50 plants entire vegging cycle...not bad

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: miracle grow questions plz help [Re: supersiege] * 1
    #338001 - 12/29/09 07:39 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

So if everything is going well, what's the problem??

--------------------

-niteowl

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: miracle grow questions plz help [Re: Hawksresurrection] * 1
    #338005 - 12/29/09 07:47 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

And giving that much of miracle grow with every feeding I would worry about toxic salt build up.

--------------------

-niteowl

Offlinecsledger
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: miracle grow questions plz help [Re: supersiege]
    #837139 - 04/15/19 03:24 PM (5 years, 3 days ago)

If your going to clone, dont feed them nutes if the soil already has it , but you stated that yours doesnt so, but anyway i feed mine distilled water one watering, and then a watered down miracle grow the other time.. so when the pots light.. i just keep track of which plant i give nutes to, or not.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates