Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleSimisuM
Male User Gallery

Loc: Israeli in Flag
i'm FREAKING out !!! help!!!
    #292781 - 10/06/09 03:56 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

today i pulled like 15 caterpillars off of my buds!

whaaaat the fuckkkkk!!@#@$#$^%#@#

i could see them already about a week ago but only one or two each time i came to visit it, it's growing on the roof so it's totally exposed...
but today i came with a knife thinking to cut the plant down, when i saw the fuckers i started searching inside the buds also, until now i didn't want to touch the buds, to keep them pristine but today i went in there and i found more and more of the fuckers, i'm sure i missed a lot but maybe there's some better way to handle this?
i NEVER seen this problem on cannabis plants before!

look at this damage, at least their droppings look like little hash balls :facepalm:
these pics came from the inside of my favorite bud... :sad:

i think it still has time to go until it should be harvested but the thing is it looks like it's still pulling out fresh pistils so maybe there's more time? although its late in the season, very late... it germinated when my male plant was in flower already!

here's a bud shot from today...

also i suspect it has some spots of powdery mildew...
at first i thought these are pigeon droppings but it seems to be spreading!

so what to do? should i just cut it short and hang it to dry or wait until it's ready?
will the powdery mildew give me problems when drying?
and if it's some other fungus?

totally freaking out please help!

--------------------
It's a WEED man!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemoogles
Re: i'm FREAKING out !!! help!!! [Re: Simisu]
    #292815 - 10/06/09 10:37 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Ahh shit balls man.

Hand pick as many as you can off of your plant.
If you do go the route of a repellant, make sure it is FOOD GRADE.
You don't want to smoke or eat some poison.

Someone with more outdoor knowledge will have to tell you what to do with that "powdery mildew" growth.

When you harvest, common sense says not to dry your buds in a humid environment. Otherwise, the mold will spread.

EDIT: Also, that bud does not quite look ready IMO

Edited by moogles (10/06/09 10:38 AM)

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: i'm FREAKING out !!! help!!! [Re: moogles]
    #292989 - 10/06/09 06:54 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Definitely powdery mildew.  Welcome to hell, this mold is a son of a bitch to remove.  It's just like trich in a mushroom grow, once it grabs hold it's damn near impossible to get rid of.  I don't know if you have access to Neem oil, but it will help put a bandaid on your plants until they're ready.  If you can, try and increase the airflow around your plants.  Trim away some of your vegetation to allow for better air circulation around your plants.  You obviously don't want to go crazy, but if your stems/buds/leaves are packed close together there may not be a way for air to get through to them.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract