Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineEleutherios

Light Suspention
    #93814 - 07/26/08 11:09 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I have an air cooled reflector so I can get the light closer to the plants without burning them. I also created a bit of head room so that Sativas can be grown. Now my question is this. There are a few different brands and configuratios of light suspention systems around. Which one do you use? What are your thoughts? Withing the genre of yo-yo hangers, there are a few brands to choose from. I just don't want to get a piece of crap system that won't stay where I put it, or worse yet fall and break/kill my plants/create a fire hazard. WOuld I be better off with simple chains? SOS :confused:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Loc: The Milky Way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Light Suspention [Re: Eleutherios]
    #93823 - 07/26/08 11:24 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

You'd be better off with simple chains, IMO. We bought a pair of easy rollers and they sucked. You'd turn the screw to lock it in place, and even though you couldn't pull it further down, when you released tension on the string, it would slide back up. The weight of the reflector should have been enough to prevent it from going back up, but the damn thing's cords weren't long enough anyways. Something like chains should work simply, great, and be less expensive as well. It isn't hard to adjust chains when necessary. :shrug:

--------------------

OfflineEleutherios

Re: Light Suspention [Re: Sirius]
    #93912 - 07/26/08 01:34 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks for that man! On a side note, I just became the proud parent of a new clumping peyote graft.

--------------------

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Loc: The Milky Way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Light Suspention [Re: Eleutherios]
    #93935 - 07/26/08 01:50 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Make sure to post it over at Other Growables, if you haven't yet. :wink:

I'm sure there might be good light suspension products you can buy, but I personally would just go with chain, since you can have it exactly as long as you want, it'll do the job of holding the damn thing up, and it just isn't hard to move it up. I'm using twine right now, and it seems quite capable of doing the job. :grin:

Just consider yourself lucky if you're able to actually put a hook into your ceiling. We have solid brick here and it'll be awhile before we buy a damn hammer drill. :lol:

--------------------

Offlinejust me
GreenThumb
Male

Loc: MO/TX/FL/HI
Re: Light Suspention [Re: Sirius]
    #94343 - 07/26/08 08:03 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Sirius said:
You'd be better off with simple chains

this is what ive always used, but i just hung up this new privacy blind for my outdoor shower and it has little pulleys

so i was thinkin how sweet it would be to attach 2 of these to the ceiling and use rope. that way you never have to climb up a ladder(if ur chains are comin from the cieling)to lower or raise again. just pull a string.

but if youre using in a grow box then u dont have that problem..

just felt like typing :smile:

--------------------

-and for all your ETHNO SEEDS needs come see us @ www.freeseedring.nl

OfflineEleutherios

Re: Light Suspension [Re: Sirius]
    #95162 - 07/27/08 11:51 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I need to get a digital camera so that I can post that. All I have now is a 35mm. I want to post picks of what I've got going on anyways. I have put a LOT into it. Its just a small veg chamber with a 105watt cpf and a 5 ft flowering chamber with a 250watt hps. If I can pull anything close to a gram per watt I'll have more than I need though. With all of my organics and some CO2 enrichment, I think that it may be possible. At any rate I have some Oregon Purple Bud, Shazzleberry, and Master Kush on the way. Damn if that alone doesn't put a fucking smile on my face. I am more comfortable with the chains because then I can run a system rated beyond my needs. Its kind of like a dive watch, you want to WAY overshoot what you will be putting it through.

--------------------

Offlinejust me
GreenThumb
Male

Loc: MO/TX/FL/HI
Re: Light Suspension [Re: Eleutherios]
    #95310 - 07/28/08 01:50 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Eleutherios said:
If I can pull anything close to a gram per watt I'll have more than I need though. 

dont forget the little guys :smile:

--------------------

-and for all your ETHNO SEEDS needs come see us @ www.freeseedring.nl

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds