Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineFleabag Friend
OTD Free Bag Fiend
Male User Gallery

Your Knife Thread
    #853256 - 12/06/21 05:56 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Poast Your favorite knife! Whether it stays in your pocket or on your hip or in your truck, or if you only carry it hunting or everyday, or you toss it in the kitchen drawer...
I WANT TO SEE IT!

Me myself, I got dozens of them. Probably too many. I'm currently toting a little Victorinox Farmer in OD green, and a mainstay Cold Steel Recon 1 in my back pocket. I'll get some pics up here soon, gotta find a better quality camera.

Lets see em folks!
Bonus points if you got resin on the tip from digging around your pipe or some other stoner shit!

--------------------
Bassui wrote the following letter to one of his disciples who was about to die:
"The essence of your mind is not born, so it will never die. It is not an existence, which is perishable. It is not an emptiness, which is a mere void. It has neither color nor form. It enjoys no pleasures and suffers no pains.
"I know you are very ill. Like a good Zen student, you are facing that sickness squarely. You may not know exactly who is suffering, but question yourself: What is the essence of this mind? Think only of this. You will need no more. Covet nothing. Your end which is endless is as a snowflake dissolving in the pure air."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSameThing
Male User Gallery

Loc: ΣΔЯТН
Re: Your Knife Thread [Re: Fleabag Friend]
    #853265 - 12/07/21 07:26 AM (2 years, 4 months ago)

I slept with a machete under my pillow for the last 12 months until very recently. Does that count?

--------------------
Δ Δ Δ

Offlinespirit_shadow
Old mate firebender
I'm a teapot

Re: Your Knife Thread [Re: SameThing] * 2
    #853268 - 12/07/21 09:07 AM (2 years, 4 months ago)

The only knife you will ever need

--------------------
bruh....
Ban Lotto

Edited by spirit_shadow (12/07/21 09:08 AM)

OfflineNiffla
Stranger

Loc: Texas
    #853284 - 12/07/21 07:00 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

I got a cheap smith & wesson pocket knife :facepalm:

I mean it's pretty sharp to me but I think to true knife connoisseurs it's probably a pretty weak knife.

this is the one

--------------------

OfflineFleabag Friend
OTD Free Bag Fiend
Male User Gallery

Re: Your Knife Thread [Re: spirit_shadow]
    #853286 - 12/07/21 09:44 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

That particular one is a bit too "tacticool" for my taste, but the S&W knives I've handled have all been pretty solid for the money. Steel takes a good edge. I sharpened a "border patrol" model for a Mexican I worked with :lol:
Hey just so long as you're carryin somethin, I'm proud of you.

Here's the two I mentioned in OP

That cold steel is a bad mah fucka. The cops actually still have the first one I owned. I'm waiting to get it back at some point. I liked it so much that I bought a second one. When I get the first one back, I'll prob give this one away.  I use the Victorinox for everything else I would do to the cold steel that would fuck it all up.

Quote:

spirit_shadow said:

I actually have that knife. The handle is a Buck 124...

--------------------
"The essence of your mind is not born, so it will never die. It is not an existence, which is perishable. It is not an emptiness, which is a mere void. It has neither color nor form. It enjoys no pleasures and suffers no pains.
"I know you are very ill. Like a good Zen student, you are facing that sickness squarely. You may not know exactly who is suffering, but question yourself: What is the essence of this mind? Think only of this. You will need no more. Covet nothing. Your end which is endless is as a snowflake dissolving in the pure air."

Edited by Fleabag Friend (12/07/21 09:51 PM)

OfflineFleabag Friend
OTD Free Bag Fiend
Male User Gallery

Re: Your Knife Thread [Re: SameThing]
    #853287 - 12/07/21 09:53 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

SameThing said:
I slept with a machete under my pillow for the last 12 months until very recently. Does that count?

Absolutely. Lets see what kinda 'chete!

--------------------

OfflineSameThing
Male User Gallery

Loc: ΣΔЯТН
    #853289 - 12/07/21 11:03 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Okay so i neverr needed to use the machete thankfully, i just had it incase some psycho tried to fuck with me when i was living in my car. I dont sleep with it under my pillow now because i have my own property and feel safe here. It went rusty after some rain but its served its purpose and is more of a ornamental/talking point type of object now. I guess i could use it on a snake if i had to but thats a stretch.

The red one lives in my glove box and i use it when required. Its a cheap, sharp victorinox, mainly used in the fishing industry for cutting nets and shit. I have a lot of other knives but they’re scattered around my place rn.

--------------------
Δ Δ Δ

OfflineFleabag Friend
OTD Free Bag Fiend
Male User Gallery

Re: Your Knife Thread [Re: SameThing] * 1
    #853290 - 12/07/21 11:05 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

She's A beaut!

--------------------

OfflineNiffla
Stranger

#853336 - 12/09/21 08:31 AM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Fleabag Friend said:
That particular one is a bit too "tacticool" for my taste, but the S&W knives I've handled have all been pretty solid for the money. Steel takes a good edge. I sharpened a "border patrol" model for a Mexican I worked with :lol:

That cold steel is a bad mah fucka. The cops actually still have the first one I owned. I'm waiting to get it back at some point. I liked it so much that I bought a second one. When I get the first one back, I'll prob give this one away.  I use the Victorinox for everything else I would do to the cold steel that would fuck it all up.

Quote:

spirit_shadow said:

I'm going to have to look into cold steel knives

--------------------

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Loc: Southwestern US Flag
Re: Your Knife Thread [Re: Niffla]
    #853337 - 12/09/21 08:37 AM (2 years, 4 months ago)

I have a Kershaw Ken Onion Mini Cyclone that was given to me as a christmas present at least 10 years ago. I've only sharpened it 3 times (the sharpening kit was also a gift), the blade holds an edge for a long time. I was a gerber fan for a long time before this knife, but I'm definitely a convert now. My old gerber would randomly unlock and open in my pocket, and the clip fatigue-failed after a few years. My kershaw has never accidentally opened on me, and the clip is perfectly fine after at least a decade of use as a general-purpose pocket knife.

I'm gonna be sad if/when it finally breaks.

--------------------
“The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you” -NDT

Offlinespirit_shadow
Old mate firebender
I'm a teapot

#853339 - 12/09/21 09:21 AM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Fleabag Friend said:

Quote:

spirit_shadow said:

Nuh uh, yours doesn't have the grooves for the fingers on the grip :notsureif:

And yours has an inferior blade to the one I posted :awehigh:

--------------------
bruh....
Ban Lotto

Edited by spirit_shadow (12/09/21 09:22 AM)

OfflineFleabag Friend
OTD Free Bag Fiend
Male User Gallery

Re: Your Knife Thread [Re: Data]
    #853345 - 12/09/21 12:27 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Well Spirit, You use yours, and I'll use mine and we'll see who comes out the victor!

Quote:

Data said:
I have a Kershaw Ken Onion Mini Cyclone that was given to me as a christmas present at least 10 years ago. I've only sharpened it 3 times (the sharpening kit was also a gift), the blade holds an edge for a long time. I was a gerber fan for a long time before this knife, but I'm definitely a convert now. My old gerber would randomly unlock and open in my pocket, and the clip fatigue-failed after a few years. My kershaw has never accidentally opened on me, and the clip is perfectly fine after at least a decade of use as a general-purpose pocket knife.

Kershaw's are freakin awesome. The skyline was the knife that started my addiction, I carried it for years.
The spring in your knife, if it does wear out, will probably take the same one as their other models, they'll just send you another for free. Same goes for the little bolts and stuff. Try to hang onto your pocket clip though, they don't make it any more. I've been keeping a Chive and a Leek going for years. The Chive is from 05!

@Niggla Theres a Voyager model, thats very similar to the one I have thats $50 on Amazon. Strongest locks on any knives, will not fucking break.

--------------------

Offlinespirit_shadow
Old mate firebender
I'm a teapot

#853367 - 12/09/21 06:43 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Fleabag Friend said:
Well Spirit, You use yours, and I'll use mine and we'll see who comes out the victor!

Quote:

Data said:

Kershaw's are freakin awesome. The skyline was the knife that started my addiction, I carried it for years.
The spring in your knife, if it does wear out, will probably take the same one as their other models, they'll just send you another for free. Same goes for the little bolts and stuff. Try to hang onto your pocket clip though, they don't make it any more. I've been keeping a Chive and a Leek going for years. The Chive is from 05!

@Niggla Theres a Voyager model, thats very similar to the one I have thats $50 on Amazon. Strongest locks on any knives, will not fucking break.

Awww yeah let's :awehigh:

--------------------
bruh....
Ban Lotto

OfflineTexas Honey Badger
No Fucks Given
I'm a teapot

Loc: Spicemaster, Texas
    #853390 - 12/10/21 01:58 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

I carry a bone white Texas Trapper Moore Maker for my work knife
Ive got several other nice ones for wearing to church or funerals:notlol:

--------------------

I eat Cobras and Hair Pie

OfflineFleabag Friend
OTD Free Bag Fiend
Male User Gallery

Re: Your Knife Thread [Re: Texas Honey Badger]
    #853399 - 12/10/21 06:19 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Moore maker huh? Thats a new one on me. Looks like they're made in TX too!:fuckyeah:

You're gonna have to snap a picture!
Lets see em all

--------------------

No Fucks Given
I'm a teapot

#853404 - 12/10/21 06:40 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

It says can’t upload right now
Ok here it is

--------------------

OfflineFleabag Friend
OTD Free Bag Fiend
Male User Gallery

#853405 - 12/10/21 07:02 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Damn, thats a perty one :drooling:

I might have to get me one at some point...

--------------------

OfflineNiffla
Stranger

Re: Your Knife Thread [Re: Fleabag Friend] * 1
    #853414 - 12/10/21 08:18 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Fleabag Friend said:

:seriousthankyou:

--------------------

No Fucks Given
I'm a teapot

#853424 - 12/11/21 07:30 AM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Fleabag Friend said:
Damn, thats a perty one :drooling:

I might have to get me one at some point...

The blue one has the state of Texas on the other side
The small knife is a very old hen and rooster German made
It has never been used or sharpened

--------------------

No Fucks Given
I'm a teapot

#853428 - 12/11/21 08:32 AM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Here’s my work knife

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder