Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

PhytoExtractum Shop: Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinespirit_shadow
Old mate firebender
I'm a teapot

Post something cool you have that probably nobody else you know has
    #852146 - 11/17/21 07:30 AM (2 years, 4 months ago)

There have been complaints recently of content not being....stimulating enough, SO here we are. Do any of YOU have one of these still? :wonka:
(I bought 4 of them back when they first got canceled cos I like the syrup and didn't know if they would change recipe and just opened this one the other day, I got 3 left lol)

--------------------
bruh....
Ban Lotto

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Loc: Southwestern US Flag
Re: Post something cool you have that probably nobody else you know has [Re: spirit_shadow]
    #852157 - 11/17/21 01:30 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

I have a DSLR camera that has been modded to be full-spectrum and monochrome. I doubt anybody I know has one of them, because they only exist for astrophotography, and the mod costs several thousand to have done if you don't do it yourself.

I did my own mod, it involved a lot of research to make sure I didn't lose the backfocus distance or the  lens axis to image sensor plane normality that was established in the factory. I also had to remove the sensor from the camera body, physically remove several protective glass panes and cut filters, and then perform a combo of chemical/mechanical etching/scraping to remove the color filter array (aka the Bayer matrix) from the surface of the sensor, being careful to not scratch into the surface of the photoreceptor layer and also evenly remove all of the bayer matrix to get a uniform light field.

It was a pain, and eventually I replaced it with a dedicated, cooled astrocamera, but it worked pretty damn well for narrowband astrophotography.

--------------------
“The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you” -NDT

Offlinefeevers
Stranger
Re: Post something cool you have that probably nobody else you know has [Re: spirit_shadow]
    #852163 - 11/17/21 03:25 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

spirit_shadow said:
There have been complaints recently of content not being....stimulating enough, SO here we are. Do any of YOU have one of these still? :wonka:
(I bought 4 of them back when they first got canceled cos I like the syrup and didn't know if they would change recipe and just opened this one the other day, I got 3 left lol)

Sweet :smirk:

Offlinespirit_shadow
Old mate firebender
I'm a teapot

Re: Post something cool you have that probably nobody else you know has [Re: Data]
    #852168 - 11/17/21 04:07 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Data said:
I have a DSLR camera that has been modded to be full-spectrum and monochrome. I doubt anybody I know has one of them, because they only exist for astrophotography, and the mod costs several thousand to have done if you don't do it yourself.

I did my own mod, it involved a lot of research to make sure I didn't lose the backfocus distance or the  lens axis to image sensor plane normality that was established in the factory. I also had to remove the sensor from the camera body, physically remove several protective glass panes and cut filters, and then perform a combo of chemical/mechanical etching/scraping to remove the color filter array (aka the Bayer matrix) from the surface of the sensor, being careful to not scratch into the surface of the photoreceptor layer and also evenly remove all of the bayer matrix to get a uniform light field.

It was a pain, and eventually I replaced it with a dedicated, cooled astrocamera, but it worked pretty damn well for narrowband astrophotography.

That's not cool......that is EXTREMELY cool :kaneclap:

--------------------
bruh....
Ban Lotto

Jump to top Pages: 1

PhytoExtractum Shop: Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder