Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleMrPicklez
Beginner
Male

Loc: Arizona, USA Flag
Grow Tents
    #847596 - 03/17/21 12:56 PM (3 years, 11 days ago)

I am going to do my first grow in a 3x3 Grow Tent. My question is, do I need to keep the tent closed at all times except when watering and maintaining? Or can I leave it open all the time if I want? I would think leaving it open would allow more air exchange-- Are there any risks or problems that leaving the Grow Tent open would cause?

I was going to make this post over in the Cultivation area but was hoping to get a more timely reply here-- administrators feel free to move once answered

If anyone has any other general comments, tips, etc about growing in a Grow Tent please share! I will be making a Grow Log as well

-MrPicklez

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offline8787sunshine
classic stoner

Re: Grow Tents [Re: MrPicklez]
    #847598 - 03/17/21 01:14 PM (3 years, 11 days ago)

Grow tents are gangster so you should make sure it can still open.

--------------------
Bombing swords exit the murder charge left it exposed supposed words sex trip further on you took off your clothes

InvisibleMrPicklez
Beginner
Male

Re: Grow Tents [Re: 8787sunshine]
    #847599 - 03/17/21 01:53 PM (3 years, 11 days ago)

It has the ability to be opened-- it has a zipper that goes around to open the front panel.

I am asking if it SHOULD/CAN be left open as opposed to being zipped closed all the time-- or what risks are involved in leaving the door to the tent open, I see a couple benefits.

-MrPicklez

InvisibleMrPicklez
Beginner
Male

#847605 - 03/17/21 08:30 PM (3 years, 11 days ago)

Since this thread is already posted--- if anyone would want to post up a picture of a completed Grow Tent, in terms of how the setup looked--- that would be appreciated.

I got the Tent up today but need some bigger mounts for the light, so I will need to wait and hit the hardware store to get that and some 4'' Duct tomorrow or over the weekend while I wait for these seeds to get shipped

Tips, Comments, Suggestions appreciated

-MrPicklez

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
    #847611 - 03/18/21 12:28 PM (3 years, 10 days ago)

The issue is you don't want light when your plant is on the dark period as you'll probably get a Hermie. If your tent is open when the lights are on then no biggie. You just don't want any light hitting it once lights are off. These grow tents are designed to have passive air coming in from the bottom via a duct fan. And another fan on top sucking hot air (also odor if using a carbon filter) out so there is always an exchange of fresh air. Most tents have vents on the bottom which once opened brings in fresh air but this only really works when a top exhaust fan is being used.  I use a 8x4x6.5 tent and use 2 duct fans and one rotating fan with one carbon filter. The other issue when leaving tent door open is pests. But if your grow area is clean I.e. inside a house then you should be okay.

OfflineJenny
Female User Gallery

Re: Grow Tents [Re: Deadkndys420]
    #847614 - 03/18/21 01:35 PM (3 years, 10 days ago)

why are seeds so expensive?  i bag of grass seeds cost less than 10 seeds

InvisibleMrPicklez
Beginner
Male

#847615 - 03/18/21 01:37 PM (3 years, 10 days ago)

Awesome post!! Thank you very very much for that information-- that is exactly what I was wondering!

I was going to put my Inline Fan and Filter on the ground-level though (and duct up and through my window)--- is that not going to be okay? I really do NOT want to mount that inline fan up on the wall (unless I really should)

InvisibleMrPicklez
Beginner
Male

Re: Grow Tents [Re: Jenny]
    #847616 - 03/18/21 01:38 PM (3 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

Jenny said:

They (vendors) probably take into account the value of a finished product-- and that they may not ever get repeat business.

I paid 60$ for 6 seeds-- 10$ a plant is very fair, imo.

the prices for clones on the other hand-- now that is ridiculous-- 100$ a piece where I was looking.

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
    #847617 - 03/18/21 06:25 PM (3 years, 10 days ago)

Yeah it is fine if your filter and fan are ground level.

InvisibleMrPicklez
Beginner
Male

#847619 - 03/18/21 07:01 PM (3 years, 10 days ago)

You Sir, are the man--- I wish I could leave you a rating :thumbup:

I grabbed a few more items today-- plan on hanging the light and hopefully the fan & filter tomorrow as well-- or at least by the end of the weekend. I will start a Grow Thread over in the Cult Forum

Onlineyoosername
Strange

Loc: Somewhere under the Sun
    #847620 - 03/19/21 06:49 AM (3 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

MrPicklez said:
Quote:

Jenny said:

They (vendors) probably take into account the value of a finished product-- and that they may not ever get repeat business.

I paid 60$ for 6 seeds-- 10$ a plant is very fair, imo.

the prices for clones on the other hand-- now that is ridiculous-- 100$ a piece where I was looking.

The price of clones makes more sense when you consider that each "elite" clone could have been hunted from 4 packs of seeds or more.  Also makes more sense on a larger scale, when you have numbers you need to hit and a modest increase in potency and yield could amount to thousands of dollars worth of product.

Clones are also nice for when you need a certain cannabinoid ratio.  I used to have a strain that tested around 15% CBD, 9% THC, or a 5:3 ratio, which was great daytime smoke for just relaxing without getting too stoned.  More recently I've been interested in picking up some CBG hemp clones.

But yeah, I wouldn't buy clones until you know for sure how to grow and clone yourself.  I lost so many elite clones back when I first started growing that it still makes me sad to this day :feelsbatman:

OfflineRider420
Stranger

Re: Grow Tents [Re: yoosername]
    #847623 - 03/19/21 08:27 AM (3 years, 10 days ago)

FYI you can buy auto-flowering plants and keep the lights on 24/7 and tent open.

You guys are so spoiled! Back in 82 there were no seed banks, clones, feminized seeds, auto-flowering plants or hydro shops. :ganja:

No books on growing cannabis nor was there even an internet or any vaporizers to use. And if you got busted in those days you were going to to jail. Some stoners wax nostalgic about the past but they don't realize its just thier youth that they miss!:volcano:

InvisibleMrPicklez
Beginner
Male

Re: Grow Tents [Re: Rider420]
    #847629 - 03/19/21 04:52 PM (3 years, 9 days ago)

I did not choose to go with Auto-Flowering seeds  but I did select a Feminized seed---

I did order 2 extra poles for the top--- so that is delaying everything by a week-- I wanted 2 extra poles to make me feel more comfortable with the amount of weight I plan on having it support---- The filter, light, fan, and ducting

Germinating seeds is the next area I am going to be researching in prep--- that and mediums (what type of soil mixture and nutrient setup to run)--- So if anyone gets bored and wants to assist on that topic, that is next up

InvisibleMrPicklez
Beginner
Male

#847635 - 03/20/21 12:43 AM (3 years, 9 days ago)

Disregard--- I have done a little research on Germinating and it is as easy as those Lima Beans we did back in elementary school :lol:

I went with 3 gallon fabric pots--- I hope I dont regret not getting the 5 gallon ones-- I am very excited to get started! Never did I think Arizona would pass such liberal marijuana cultivation laws

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules