Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

PhytoExtractum Shop: Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflinePanZion
Stranger
Total Dissolved Solids
    #846198 - 07/25/20 04:50 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Hi long time grower new to the forum, I hope your all staying safe in these weird times... I've recently transplanted my out door ladies in to 5 gallon pots, so far so good. Yesterday I did a soil test and the PH was an average of 6.8 and TDS was 300, my concerns are firstly: did the water I used give me an inaccurate reading?? and secondly: if the reading is correct is 300 PPM too low? To be honest I'm pretty new at testing my TDS so not much experience. I'm about 2 to 4 weeks off going in to flower so if I understand correctly I should be upping the PPM now?
My soil amendment is made up from:
*Worm castings 10%
*Veg compost 20%
*Organic soil mix from my local nursery(7% phosphorus, 10% calcium and 2% silicon) 35%
*Coconut husk 10%
*Perlite 15%

I know this is lacking a little potassium but I'll start adding that during the early stages of bloom.

One question I have about doing a soil test is I know it's best to use RO water(PH of 7 and 0 TDS) but I don't have a filter yet and here in Latin America options are limited. I googled bottled RO water and Evian was one brand that was recommended so I got a couple bottles of Evian's but Evian is not RO it's reading was 7.2 PH and over 150 PPM.. ๐Ÿ˜’
Because I used the Evian does this mean now my soil test is completely off? Or can I minus the extra 0.2 over the nuetural PH level on my reading so 6.8 was actually 6.6?
I have rain water available which has 0.1 TDS but the PH is 5.5..
My tap water is actually nuetural at 7.0 but contains minerals so maybe I use the tap water just for the PH reading.. does that work? And the rain water for the TDS test because it's basically at 0 PPM? Any help here would be greatly appreciated ๐Ÿ™

Sorry if this is confusing but basically I am asking if I use one type of neutral water(my tap water) at a PH of 7 for the soil test will the PH be correct or will the TDS throw that number out? And vice versa if I use my rain water(0.1 PPM) for a TDS soil test will that be more accurate than using Evian(150ppm)?

Maybe someone can also please recommend a brand that is actually RO bottled water.
Thanks in advance โœŒ

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePanZion
Stranger
Re: Total Dissolved Solids [Re: PanZion]
    #846199 - 07/25/20 05:08 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

I'm still not sure if I'm worried about nothing but I did another soil test today with my rain water(TDS 0.1) and my PPM was around 90 so the majority of the minerals that were in the reading(300ppm) I took using the Evian water yesterday๐Ÿ˜’. I've just transplanted so maybe the soil has to have a few good waters for a more accurate reading but I have no idea.. Can anyone chime in and help?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

PhytoExtractum Shop: Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder