Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineIgrow
Stranger

Igrow first grow journal.
    #846194 - 07/25/20 12:20 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Hey guys, i just wanted to start my first thread asking this question i can't find in the internet, noob here.

Does hydroponics need less transplanting than growing on coir? How many times you have to transplant from small pots to bigger pots with coir vs hydro? Does hydro require transplanting at all? I just feel like i will be doing a lot more dirty work with coir.

Edited by Igrow (07/25/20 01:55 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineThe_Enternational
Stranger

Re: Igrow first grow journal. [Re: Igrow]
    #846195 - 07/25/20 05:22 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

If you are new to soil-less medium, I'd recommend giving Coco a try first.

It will help you build up your fertilizer/nutrient schedule, which will translate into better results for a hydroponic system.

Little to no transplanting is required when using a hydroponic system; from my experience. The containers used to hold the plant base are typically much smaller than the pots used for soil/coco mediums.

--------------------
" Advice given by others

is often ill counsel. "

- Havamal

OfflineIgrow
Stranger

Re: Igrow first grow journal. [Re: The_Enternational]
    #846447 - 08/09/20 07:14 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks for the answer, i think i will go with Coco.

I located a good room to grow in my home. These are the pictures, any recommendations?

I'm thinking using main room to flower and bathroom for a mother, cloning, seedlings, etc.

main room 7.18 feet x 6.29 feet, 9.67848 feet of height.

Veg room (bathroom) 3.90 feet x 2.65 feet (I only took measurements of the inside of shower space).

The bathroom has a window, but the main room does not, the main room will need Fresh air exchange at some point, does it also needs a window like the bathroom does?

OfflineIgrow
Stranger

Re: Igrow first grow journal. [Re: Igrow]
    #846462 - 08/11/20 04:30 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Bump.

I just need to figure out if these two rooms will work for what i want to do. My main concerns are three that i can think of:

1.- Only one window in the bathroom, no windows in the main room, i can easily see a carbon exhaust filter exhausting all the hot stalled air outside, but since i'm using the bathroom area for veg, i have to have the door of the bathroom closed, so the light won't escape from the bathroom to the flowering room area. Should i just buy two light proof tents for the flower and for the veg area? so i can keep the door of the bathroom open? That way the exhaust carbon filter will expulse all the hot stalled air of both rooms while still allowing to have separate lighting cycles in each tent?

2.- I also was thinking i should have two separate tents because each tent has to have different humidity levels (flowering and vegetative). And if i keep the door of the bathroom open? humidity levels will mix up. By having two tents i will be able to control humidity in each tent? no?

3.- Air conditioning, i live in a very hot place, most of the year the temp outdoors is 107.6 Fahrenheit. I can install an air conditioner in the flowering room, so i will need to keep the door of the bathrooom open so it can also refresh the bathroom (veg area), correct?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies