Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineferrum
Stranger

I cannot clone cuttings wtf am I doing WRONG!
    #845206 - 05/30/20 11:52 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

I am an experienced grower of all different kinds of ethnobotanicals from ayahuasca to San Pedro , tobacco , acacia , on and on and on .

I ve never grown much cannabis from seed , maybe two or so small crops my whole life of lowryder and some Durban poison .

But I've been trying to take clones from a variety of stock, a high cbd sativa cross and a number of haze I think and some northern lights hybrids .

I cannot get the clones to root. I bought an aqua mister , I've used powdered root hormone in peat pods zip locked on 24 hour led light , nothing takes , what am I doing wrong?! I never have this issue with any other plant species clone for the most part . Thank you in advance for advice !

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineferrum
Stranger

Re: I cannot clone cuttings wtf am I doing WRONG! [Re: ferrum]
    #845207 - 05/30/20 12:07 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

All my plants are in soil . I take the cuttings from semi hard stems with a couple nodes on each. Dip them in powder. I wonder if I should sit them in gel root hormone over night before putting them in pods ?

Offlineferrum
Stranger

#845208 - 05/30/20 12:15 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

My plants are fine btw . No issues at all . I top the meristem growth on all of them every other week and they get organic soil mixes with no added fertilizers , in fact all have red clover planted with them to facilitate natural nitrogen release when cut (the clover )

Offlineyoosername
Strange

Loc: Somewhere under the Sun
    #845209 - 05/30/20 01:13 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

If you're growing organically, you'll want to learn how to clone without rooting hormone.  IME it is not necessary, though it can speed things up a bit.  Recently I've been using aloe vera instead.  I take some 200x aloe concentrate and mix it with the gel inside a cut of aloe, then dip each clone in it before placing in my cloner.

My cloner is simple.  I use solo cups with 4 holes around the sides about 1 inch from the bottom, and a few holes in the bottom.  I fill them with perlite, and place them in a sterilite tote with water up to the holes.  The lid is left on loosely to allow for gas exchange while providing a high humidity.  I have a very high success rate with this method.

If yours aren't taking, I'd shake things up.  Either modify your approach or try a different method until you find one that works for you.

Offlineferrum
Stranger

Re: I cannot clone cuttings wtf am I doing WRONG! [Re: yoosername]
    #845210 - 05/30/20 01:33 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Nice , that is good advice , aloe works great , I forgot about that and I have some of those too.

The perlite is also good cause it will be fresh air / water evaporated medium !

Those are good ideas I hadn't turned to try . Thank you yoosername

OfflineRider420
Stranger

#845213 - 06/01/20 08:28 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Cannabis branches are hollow and when you cut them they will dehydrate from the stem. the best way to cut a clone is at the end of the 18 hour light cycle. Cut the clone then stick it in water up to the first node. Let them sit in darkness for 6 hours the normal off light time in a 18/6 cycle. Then you can transplant them into what ever medium you want. Keep them in a humidity tent and mist them twice a day for three days. After a week to ten day they should have rooted and can be removed from the tent. Good luck.

BTW this method works 99% of the time for me.

Offlinegrowmore
 User Gallery

Re: I cannot clone cuttings wtf am I doing WRONG! [Re: Rider420]
    #845366 - 06/07/20 02:00 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Make sure your cuts are no less than 6in and make the finial cut under water and at a 45, make sure you have one node right above your 45 this will insure a nice amount of hormones come from that node in order to develop roots. also cutting it under water will keep from having an air bubble go into the stem. This is not necessary but every little trick helps in the long run. keep them in a humidity dome and make sure they have a little bit of light. To much light and they will not want to root. also keeping them at about 80f will allow for faster root development. Maybe live 1-ml of kelp to 1-gal of water thats PH adjusted to 6.5 this will give a small amount of food and some hormones to aid in rooting. hope this helps brother.

Growmore

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

Re: I cannot clone cuttings wtf am I doing WRONG! [Re: growmore]
    #845545 - 06/18/20 05:32 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

I've had almost magic luck using only pharmacy bought vitamin b-1 pills in water sprayed onto cutting in rockwool cube under generic "daylight" LED bulb. I don't how exactly much B1 I use, but I make a solution by crushing 3 or 4 100mg pills and mixing the finest powder of that with about 2oz of water, enough so it's cloudy but transparent, then occasionally mix somewhere between a few drops to a ml of that to a quart of water. I don't always spray it with vitamin b in water, but I like to know there's a small amount in the cubes. You may find a more precise guide if interested.
Not sure if it's switching from alternatives to the b-1, improved watering management or whatnot, but I went from having only some cutting root, to having all of the last 30 or so cuttings root. I've never had any freakishly thick white roots like I see in pics from people using rooting hormone though. That almost seems wrong to me.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck