Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinehockeye
Stranger
 User Gallery
Leaves yellowing and lower leaves fold right up to stalk
    #844792 - 05/02/20 12:25 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

1. Are you growing from seed or clones?
    Seeds

2. How old are your plants?
    Forgot to write exact but about 2.5 to 3 weeks from time they cracked

3. How tall are your plants?
    2.5" to 6.0"

4. What size containers are they planted in?
    Red plastic cups hold a little more then 2 1/4 cups as still small.

5.What is your soil mix?
  Miracle Grow seedling potting soil with peat to lower strength for    seedlings same as I have done for many years.

6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use and how much you give per watering?
    When cups are light about cup to cup and a quarter until cup is he heavy.

7. What is the pH of your water?
    ph tap water around 6.3 according to pH strips as I find hard to get accurate reading waiting for new pH pen as I broke mine been waiting awhile as mail slowed due to co vid_19 virus.

8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio?
    Reefertilizer Grow 20-5-10 at 1/8 to 1/4 the recommended dose.

9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?
    Once so far used same as nutrient strength just sprayed on them.

10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")
    32 watts LED will say light can be used as Blue or Red or White. Using White Blue should I use the red to?

11. How close are your lights to the plants?
    LED and 15"

12. What size is your grow space in square feet?
    I am starting the inside until I can put them out in ground Not using grow room just spare room as I am an outdoor grower using the great free sun.

13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?
    Temp is around 68 to 70F as I am diverting heat away from plants. I do have a fan blowing over them.

14. What is the pH of the soil?
    As far as I can tell 6.2

15. What is the pH of your run off?

16. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?
    Not at all.

Hello all been watching for a long time and usually find help without asking but at a loss this time around as never seen anywhere before that I looked. I looked as long as I dare and now need some advice or idea as I need to clear this up soon as I think maybe keeping some small.
  I also put soil even though they are still outdoors and in soil as well.

These are an examples of leaves.
Pic 1 - This is Cream Caramel
Pic 2 - Another Cream Caramel
Pic 3 - Gorilla Glue X Bruce Banner Fast
Pic 4 - This is a Blueberry and is deformed any ideas?

I am growing:
5 X Cream Caramel
3 X Gorilla Clue X Bruce Banner Fast (not auto flower as I asked) These seeds were free in order.
2 X Blueberry
2 X Northern Lights
2 X Gorilla Glue X Bruce Banner
2 X Cinderella 99 aka C99

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRolleduhhp
Dog With Thumbs

Re: Leaves yellowing and lower leaves fold right up to stalk [Re: hockeye]
    #844802 - 05/02/20 08:21 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

I had this same issue using MG. I haven't grown in years, and had mild success with it before, but this time it gave me the same problems it looks like you're having.

I caught it a bit earlier it seems, and carefully removed as much of it as I could from my root ball when I transplanted to buckets. They're all doing so much better now.

I probably caught it about 2 days after the yellow started on the tips of the lowest set of leaves, and only lost one set of leaves completely out of 10 plants.

Sorry I can't be of more help, but I'll keep an eye on the thread to learn what I can, too! Best of luck, bud!

Offlinehockeye
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Leaves yellowing and lower leaves fold right up to stalk [Re: Rolleduhhp]
    #844808 - 05/03/20 12:40 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Well thanks that was my thought as well. I am going to try and save them as it is a lot to lose plus the cost of seeds well make it worth trying as no time to get more seed really the money to either. I have had them come back before from other issues and were worse condition. Yes you were a help as I was thinking the same as you were just needed a push to make sure my thinking was in the right ball park.

Any other thoughts from this fine forum is welcomed. I am off to fins other soil and what I think I need to help. Again thanks.

Just go back with Pro Mix with the good stuff in it for the roots. I am hoping!!

OfflineRolleduhhp
Dog With Thumbs

#844809 - 05/03/20 03:44 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Like I said up there, I'm not a fountain of knowledge or anything, but I think those ladies have a good shot at bouncing back.

When I transferred I tried to get the roots as free as I could from the MG without damaging them. It wasn't too hard, and as long as you don't do massive damage a (tiny!) bit of root abuse seems to stimulate the roots. I want to say people trim the tips of the roots off when they transplant. I don't have a source on hand for that, but I believe I read it here..

OfflineCannabrainz
Grower
Male

#844818 - 05/04/20 08:08 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Never use miracle grow products, they are trash. Repot in a good organic based soil. Give light CalMg dose, watch it grow. Those are the colodial leaves and first leafset drying up due to lack of water or a mild toxicity.

Offlinehockeye
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #844827 - 05/04/20 07:07 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah I did 5 until I get more pots as hydro shop closed on weekends and Mondays and have always roughed a roots a bit as was taught by a friend who studied plants tell me the very thing about the roots. Sadly they moved away but have gotten A1 help and info here which is just as good. Thanks as they have grown just after a day.

Offlinehockeye
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Leaves yellowing and lower leaves fold right up to stalk [Re: Cannabrainz]
    #844828 - 05/04/20 07:16 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

When I thought back I do think I knew that MG, Vigro(I think that is name) and Jiffy was crap and just slipped my mind. Will stick with Pro-Mix with some good old compost and worm castings from now on. I took a couple years off starting plants as was using clones which are great just never seemed to grow to full potential as I always have gotten from starting seeds. I somehow think they were bad genetics or something as no matter what I did they would not respond.

Thanks as I will not forget that again as could be one expensive mistake for sure. Also got to get some more CalMag. Oh they were the first set of real leaves that did that not the sugar leaves but no matter I am correcting things and be sure to never forget this lesson!!!

Edited by hockeye (05/04/20 07:25 PM)

Offlinehockeye
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #845199 - 05/28/20 08:44 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Rolleduhhp and Canabrainz gave is a season saving for me that is for sure and I have been writing my grow journal down on paper so I can repeat the good results and keep in mind what not to do as well as I think learning from mistakes is the best learning. As well as doing what works for me. There is the side of it that will work on everyone's grow as well. When they decided to take hold which was only week and a half ago at most. I had to put in 1 gallon pots until time to plant. I will say next year grow will be using the plant bags as I like what they do for the roots that can not happen in regular pots. Speaking of the roots after I did the second root clearing of miracle grow crap soil the roots were not that advanced and I could see why they were not doing doing well. Now when I did the transplant today they were close to being root bound which means they were building the roots before growing bigger. When they decided to grow bigger many shot up 23Cm's or 9.2" from 6.5Cm's or 2.6" seems like over night they grew so much I could easily see the growth. I topped and F.I.M them and never even slowed them down. Now I am just waiting to have nights warm up so when I harden them off they can go in the ground. As we are have record daytime temps but nights still cooling of too much and frost is a real threat still.

I should have taken pics of my little girls but they were already in bed for there six hours so I will take some maybe tomorrow. I hope people can drop some more advice as I still have a small problem and for the life of me I can not figure out what cut my leave off in half as it only happened once so far and no signs of infestation as I looked using microscope and nothing. I also bought an LED light when I started this grow and had no idea at what height to put it at so I decided to raise it 8 or 9" and that did wonders as well. So it has been a very learning experience so far as there were no height distance in the light manual. Now it is not a big LED light but I am amazed at how well it works for vegging before going in the ground. I will be either buying more for next year or making one as it is much cheaper to build one then to buy one as grow COB or DOB are cheap. The expensive part is getting aluminum heat sink. One I find a reasonable priced spot for buying them the 150W COB OR DOB are cheap really so getting several of them and maybe a few specific white, blue and/or a few full spectrum easily get a thousand watts in case I start growing inside as well because my card allows me to grow many more plants then I need a year so I can help some who simply can't afford to buy medical marijuana. Just ask for my seed cost and some power costs in return. Just so I am not going in the hole money wise and well the cost of the work part is cheap as it is a one man show so all I lose is my time in order to help others. Okay enough on this and will try to put some pics up asap and maybe get some idea on what happened to my leaf which is a mystery to me. :thumbup:

Offlinegrowmore
 User Gallery

#845364 - 06/07/20 01:50 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio?
    Reefertilizer Grow 20-5-10 at 1/8 to 1/4 the recommended dose.

I would have to say that they are being fed a little to heavy for that size of a plant. seeing hows you are going to be putting them outside, I would try and get them 1Hr of outdoor sun and then bump it up 1hr a day. this will cause the plant to do more photosynthesizing and process some of the extra food that it has at the moment. Not to mention it will help harden them off to be moved outdoors permanently. I would also ditch the miricalgrow stuff and go with an organic fertilizer but that's just me tho. If you are going to stay with that fertilizer i would recommend a bigger light.

Offlinehockeye
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Leaves yellowing and lower leaves fold right up to stalk [Re: growmore]
    #845906 - 07/08/20 10:59 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Was only feeding an 1/8 the amount of Reeferlizer. You may have not heard of it but it is a big thing around here as organic as it gets plus friends use it and let me tell you it does wonders for them as it is three bags. Starter, veg and bloom. My first time using then and was told only use 1/8 the dose starting and work your way up. All are help is great here and are growing several inches a day. :smile:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck