Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinecannabispatient
GOD
Male User Gallery

I want to grow herb, novice grower here
    #844709 - 04/29/20 06:39 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Hi, I have only grown once before, and my plants never got to the flowering stage because my dad found them and killed them.
But this time I would like to grow outdoors, right outside of my patio, an area which receives a lot of sunlight.
I have a source for clones, should I simply buy a few clones and plant them in the soil out front?
Or should I buy auto flowering seeds and start them indoors then move them outside?
What do you guys think?
I live in a state where cannabis is legal both medicinally and recreationally.
Thank you for your help.
Area code 207 represent!

--------------------
I am Jah Jesus Christ Snoop Doggy Dogg Burning Marijuana Tree Lord Shiva King Death Row Kambodia Allah Mahavishnu Masta Killa King Wu-Tang Gautauma Buddha Om Krishna.
My name is Nishith Vijay a.k.a. CannabisPatient

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Re: I want to grow herb, novice grower here [Re: cannabispatient]
    #844711 - 04/29/20 09:03 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

I usually veg clones until they're still the size I want them. Then flower outside. If you're buying clones from a dispensary bring a jeweler loupe or strong magnifying glass.  I've been burnt so many times from them. Buying clones only to find out a week later they're infested with mites.

Onlineyoosername
Strange

Loc: Somewhere under the Sun
    #844712 - 04/29/20 09:14 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Maine, huh?  I imagine the climate gets pretty dicey there near the harvest window.  With photoperiod plants in northern climates there's always a chance they won't finish in time.  With autos you can harvest much earlier, while the weather's still nice, but you won't get as much yield per plant.

I would grow both.  Autos for an early crop, and a few different photoperiod varieties for a later season finish.  That way if the photos don't finish in time, you still have some buds from your autos. 

If you plan on starting the autos indoors, you'll need a good light.  If you start them under a weak light and later transplant them into direct sunlight, there's a chance they'll be fried.  Another way around this is to cover the plants with shade cloth for a few days after transplanting outdoors.

Next thing you should worry about is site preparation.  While you can just plant directly in the ground, you'll get better results if you dig holes for each plant, mix the dirt with compost and amendments, then fill the holes with the topsoil mix.  I also recommend a good mulch layer once everything's planted.

OfflineJenny
Female User Gallery

Re: I want to grow herb, novice grower here [Re: yoosername]
    #844714 - 04/29/20 01:55 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

anyone know where to get cheap seeds?  everyhwere i looked they are pretty expensive for seeds........

Offlinecannabispatient
GOD
Male User Gallery

Re: I want to grow herb, novice grower here [Re: Jenny]
    #844718 - 04/29/20 04:31 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks Deadkndys, thanks yoosername!
My source for clones is not a dispensary, it is strictly a clone (and now seed too) company.
I have bought clones from them once before and they are of superior quality.
I'm scared of starting from seed because I don't know if I will be able to sprout the seeds properly and get good healthy seedlings, and whether or not they will grow into nice big plants, etc.
This is why I would like to start from clone.
I figure that in the Maine climate, if I put the clones in the ground in the third week of May then they should be done by the last week of September/early October.
I have a friend that grows outdoor in Maine as well as indoor, so it's totally doable to grow from seed or clone outdoor in Maine's harsh environment.
I am new to gardening, I don't know a thing about it, hopefully this will be a good learning lesson.

--------------------
I am Jah Jesus Christ Snoop Doggy Dogg Burning Marijuana Tree Lord Shiva King Death Row Kambodia Allah Mahavishnu Masta Killa King Wu-Tang Gautauma Buddha Om Krishna.
My name is Nishith Vijay a.k.a. CannabisPatient

OfflineJenny
Female User Gallery

#844720 - 04/29/20 06:20 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

link to seeds and clones plz?

Onlineyoosername
Strange

Loc: Somewhere under the Sun
    #844721 - 04/29/20 06:23 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Starting from seed is easy once you get the hang of it.  You can practice with vegetable seeds.  I like to do a 12 hour soak then plant into peat pods.

Quote:

Jenny said:
anyone know where to get cheap seeds?  everyhwere i looked they are pretty expensive for seeds........

Lately I've been getting all my seeds from Great Lakes Genetics.  They currently have a sale on Bodhi gear, $60 a pack and buy one get one free, plus GLG will hook you up with bonus freebies just for ordering!  It's a pretty good deal, check it out!

Last time I payed $150 for over 70 seeds, including the cost of shipping and mailing cash, as they only accept cash and money orders.

OfflineJenny
Female User Gallery

Re: I want to grow herb, novice grower here [Re: yoosername]
    #844722 - 04/29/20 06:41 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Purple Star looks cool....11 seeds for 60$ is a good deal. kush X snow freebie, well i will buy some when i am able.....kind of stressed currently..

OfflineThe_Enternational
Stranger
Re: I want to grow herb, novice grower here [Re: Jenny]
    #844807 - 05/03/20 03:37 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

I recommend starting the plants indoors for approximately a month before transplanting outdoors. Perhaps include some garden or potting soil in the whole you transplant into as well.

I recommend starting indoors, because you can begin the growth cycle earlier; which is especially helpful in climates such as Maine where it tends to be on the frosty side.

--------------------
" Advice given by others

is often ill counsel. "

- Havamal

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom