Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinemarkalbob
Stranger
 User Gallery
Seedsman Northern Lights Auto -- is this ready?
    #844583 - 04/20/20 07:53 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

So I have a Seedsman Auto NL freebie that I grew, I'm at like Day 85 FROM SEED which seems crazy-long, but at the same time it's been robust, putting on weight, etc.

My question is does this look ready to harvest, and why or why not, if it is not....the pistils are starting to turn brown, the reason I ask is because the plant itself has relatively few trichomes...I looked at a few grow diaries and the photos there at least for Seedsman NL look really frosty compared to this, the sugar leaves are just gray/white....

so, how does this look?  Thoughts?

Thank you all in advance.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

Re: Seedsman Northern Lights Auto -- is this ready? [Re: markalbob]
    #844603 - 04/21/20 02:33 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Without close-ups of the trichomes I can't really tell you for certain but based on what I can see it needs another week or two. In my experience when my crops are ready they dont have near that many white hairs still.

--------------------
:firecum:

OfflineCannabrainz
Grower
Male

Re: Seedsman Northern Lights Auto -- is this ready? [Re: bEelzeBosS]
    #844626 - 04/22/20 09:28 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

For early harvest wait till you see only a couple white hairs left on the youngest of flowers. For a good ripe harvest wait till you have no white hairs left, and she starts to really stink. Just my opinion.

Some plants will do a second or third late bulk, depending on the strain. That's where we get those beautiful dready strains.

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Loc: Southwestern US Flag
Re: Seedsman Northern Lights Auto -- is this ready? [Re: Cannabrainz]
    #844627 - 04/22/20 10:35 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

I'd suggest going to your local headshop and investing in either a jewelers loupe or a pocket microscope, shouldnt cost much more than 10-20 USD.

Whether your flowers are ready is hard to tell from the macro scale. There are some rules of thumb, but in practice they tend to give mixed results, because certain plants continue to produce and maintain white hairs (pistils) beyond the time of optimum cannabinoid profile, while others will have mostly orange/brown pistils and be nowhere near ready to chop.  The most reliable way to dial in your harvest is by checking the distribution of trichome color. This more accurately indicates maximum active cannabinoid production, dialed into your preference for cannabinoid ratios, which affect the overall experience.

When I harvested my first time, it was based on the pistil color ratio. A buddy brought over a loupe shortly after harvest, and my trichomes were still 90% clear. :doublefacepalm: I highly recommend looking at trichomes for final harvest.

--------------------
“The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you” -NDT

OfflineRolleduhhp
Dog With Thumbs

Re: Seedsman Northern Lights Auto -- is this ready? [Re: Data]
    #844655 - 04/25/20 04:36 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

I've been considering a loop, but thought I was getting a bit loose with how much I've invested, and didn't want to buy something unnecessary. I think you've just convinced me to change my mind. 

My wallet -  :aweshit:

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Loc: Southwestern US Flag
Re: Seedsman Northern Lights Auto -- is this ready? [Re: Rolleduhhp]
    #844657 - 04/25/20 08:15 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Rolleduhhp said: 
My wallet -  :aweshit:

I have that effect on people. :pipesmoke:

--------------------
“The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you” -NDT

OfflineTheman
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Seedsman Northern Lights Auto -- is this ready? [Re: Data]
    #844998 - 05/14/20 10:10 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

but forsure another 2 weeks if not more I would say. think u can get alot more weight. the brown pistils just look like they have been touched.. lol imagine just harvesting it now that i see post date lol

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals