Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinedrizzledrazzle
Stranger
 User Gallery

Plants are starting to die :'(
    #844207 - 04/04/20 04:20 PM (4 years, 15 days ago)

Hi everyone, so i'm making this post in dire need for help today as I can't for the life of me figure out what the problem is, I thought it was nitrogen deficiency but i've ruled that out as the yellow leaves don't pull out easily and i've tried feeding it with more flowering nutrients then usual that has nitrogen in it with no results what so ever, tomorrow will start week 10, I have 2 autoflowers in the tent as well that i'm harvesting in a few days and that's when i plan to flip the lights for these babes but i'm afraid they wont last through out the whole budding process whatever this is is just getting worse and worse. all the leaves are starting to curl and die at the end, the leaves are lime green/ starting to turn yellow and all the bottom leaves are dying off but don't seem to fall off on there own. ANY help or if more pictures or information is needed PLEASE let me know, thank you for all the help in advance everyone <3 <3

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Loc: Southwestern US Flag
Re: Plants are starting to die :'( [Re: drizzledrazzle]
    #844208 - 04/04/20 06:19 PM (4 years, 15 days ago)

Hello there, welcome to the Growery! Sorry to meet on such a dire situation.

In order to help diagnose the issue, please copy the form found HERE and paste it into a reply to this post, then fill it  out to the best of your abilities. It sounds tedious, but it really helps narrow down the potential problems you're having.

I have my suspicions about what is happening here, but will hold off until more info is available. :pipesmoke:

--------------------
“The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you” -NDT

Offlinedrizzledrazzle
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Plants are starting to die :'( [Re: Data]
    #844210 - 04/04/20 08:10 PM (4 years, 15 days ago)

Hey even if it is tedious anything to get some advice on this because i'm legit at a loss and don't want these babes to die during flowering that would be a real bummer. Thanks for the reply and the help! :smile:

1. Are you growing from seed or clones?
seed

2. How old are your plants?
10 weeks

3. How tall are your plants?
2 feet from the top of the pot

4. What size containers are they planted in?
7 gallon

5.What is your soil mix?
fox farm ocean forest potting soil

6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use and how much you give per watering?
I water every other day probably a less then a gallon per plant

7. What is the pH of your water?
6.5 - 6.7

8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio?
i use fox farm grow big for veg NPK: 6-4-4 with some root excelurator.

9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?
negative

10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")
I use spider farmer sf-4000 LEDs

11. How close are your lights to the plants?
14 inches

12. What size is your grow space in square feet?
5 by 5

13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?
77 F 25% Rh

14. What is the pH of the soil?
N/A, I unfortunatley dont have a ph meter for soil :/

15. What is the pH of your run off?
N/A, Ill test the ph of the run off tommorow when i feed them and update on what it is.

16. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?
no none at all so far (knocks on wood)

OfflineRolleduhhp
Dog With Thumbs

#844212 - 04/04/20 10:31 PM (4 years, 15 days ago)

:takingnotes:

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Loc: Southwestern US Flag
    #844236 - 04/05/20 12:56 PM (4 years, 14 days ago)

So I have a few followup questions.

• How often do you feed, and at what concentration?
  • How much runoff do you normally get when you feed or water?
  • What is the source of your water? Is it city/tap water, well water, or something like distilled/RO water? If it is city or well, have you looked up or tested for water hardness or Total dissolved solids (TDS)?
  • Do you flush your plants? If so, how much water do you use per plant and how often?

Thanks for humoring me.

--------------------
“The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you” -NDT

OfflineCannabrainz
Grower
Male

#844238 - 04/05/20 02:58 PM (4 years, 14 days ago)

They need to be flushed with a cal Mag fertilizer with PH properly adjusted. After 2 weeks of CalMag flush continue your fertilizer regimen but cut it back 20% and add a cal mag supp.

Your plants look deficient in CalMg. Therefore they cannot process the PK's causing the nutrients to build up and cause a nuitrient overdose appearance without the heavy greening.

Edited by Cannabrainz (04/05/20 03:01 PM)

Offlinedrizzledrazzle
Stranger
 User Gallery

#844240 - 04/05/20 03:21 PM (4 years, 14 days ago)

i water them every other day, and every other watering i give it the grow big, when i give them the grow big i use about 1.5 ml for 2.5 gallons.

now that you ask about the run off, theres a white crusty substance on the bottom of most of the pots (2 of the pots are new the other 4 are from last harvest) it seems i get very little to no run off sometimes. BTW i tested my runoff and it was 6.4 on one plant 6.3 on another.

I use tap water but it goes through a filter, all though the filter could probably be replaced tbh.

I usually flush 2 weeks before harvest i use 3 times what my pot size is so about 21 gallons of water per pot then give them normal phed water with no nutrients until harvest. this harvest ive decided to give them normal phed water for a week before flowering and a week into flowering then hit them with flowering nutes after the first week of flowering. other then these two instances i dont flush

thanks for the help!

Offlinedrizzledrazzle
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Plants are starting to die :'( [Re: Cannabrainz]
    #844241 - 04/05/20 03:37 PM (4 years, 14 days ago)

hmm calmag huh thats one thing i dont have i dont think

Edit: after looking at pictures of what calmag deffeciency looks like almost every picture look EXACTLY like what my two plants that are doing this looks like. I also looked at the nutrients i use and realized it has no calcium whatsoever and .05% of magnesium which im assuming is a pretty small amount which points to that as well as thats all ive been giving them besides the beneficial bacteria.

UPDATE: I got some Cal Mag Plus delivered yesterday so I gave it some hoping for the best, will keep this post updated as I see results/no results.

1 Month update: Found out it wasn't only Cal mag- it was actually mostly lack of phosphorus, as the stem is purple and the leaves are being affected starting towards the bottom of the plant with some having a purple burn almost start to appear while most are just start turning white/yellow then dying starting from the bottom up while some leaves on the top are starting to get spots. Right before flower they were starting to look nice and healthy again, flipped them into flower only to realize a week or two in that its happening worse then ever again.

MY MAIN PROBLEM: I'm using soil from last harvest in 3 out of 4 of the pots, its happening to those three, 1 of them not so bad as the other 2. Now what happened was since I already used the soil once for prior harvest as well as did a large pre harvest flush, but when putting nutes back in the soil before this grow (I knew the soil would need nutrients but didnt think it would need bloom nuts) I only used veg nutes that have mostly nitrogen and little to no PK, so the soil literally had pretty much no PK by the time this grow came around and phosphorus is one of the main nutrients uses for photosynthesis so when I flipped it into flower they went into overdrive phosphorus consumption.

to fix: I've been giving it rock resinator that is 0-4-16 but im gonna switch to foxfarms tiger bloom thats 2-8-4 for a couple weeks so i can pump some Phosphorus into these ladies! Thanks for the help everyone!!!

Edited by drizzledrazzle (05/09/20 12:09 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds