Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineBl2hg7
Stranger
 User Gallery
Seed to extraction thought this belong here
    #843614 - 03/14/20 10:46 PM (4 years, 15 days ago)

I came from Shroomery and new to this forum but thanks for having me be apart of this community.

My mother has been diagnosed with a severe case Rheumatoid Arthritis at a real young age. She tried a cbd cream on her hands and had amazing results. However it is expensive for her regular use.

I’m thinking to start from seed to oil extraction at attempt to get an even better product/result.

1.Never grew the plant, where would be place to start?
2. What plant would allow for high percentage of cbd vs thc. And ur thoughts?
3. Best home remedies for extracting the oil from the plant and what part of plant to extract. Any recommendations?

4. One place to go to see the simplest process for best place . From grow to extract to lotion would be great?

Thanks for your support

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineyoosername
Strange

Loc: Somewhere under the Sun
Re: Seed to extraction thought this belong here [Re: Bl2hg7]
    #843616 - 03/15/20 09:37 AM (4 years, 14 days ago)

You'll need to do a bunch of reading, and maybe watch a few videos.  The first main choice you'll have to make is soil or hydro, then you'll have to decide how big of a space you're growing in.  Then you'll have to get some quality lights (avoid cheap leds) and other equipment.

If you want a high cbd strain, you'll need to do a pheno hunt on some cbd seeds.  The cbd/thc ratio can vary from 1:1 to 20:1, so it's best to find someone with a proven clone.  If you can't find anyone, perhaps high cbd hemp seeds would be a good option.

For extraction, I dry the flowers, break them into small nugs, decarboxylate in the oven, then do an ethanol extraction to make RSO.  The RSO can then be infused into oil.  I've been meaning to pick up a source turbo to make things easier, but they're $600.

I'm not sure you'll be able to find a complete guide from grow to lotion, you're better off focusing on the grow first and the lotion later.

OfflineBl2hg7
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Seed to extraction thought this belong here [Re: yoosername]
    #843625 - 03/15/20 04:51 PM (4 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

yoosername said:
You'll need to do a bunch of reading, and maybe watch a few videos.  The first main choice you'll have to make is soil or hydro, then you'll have to decide how big of a space you're growing in.  Then you'll have to get some quality lights (avoid cheap leds) and other equipment.

If you want a high cbd strain, you'll need to do a pheno hunt on some cbd seeds.  The cbd/thc ratio can vary from 1:1 to 20:1, so it's best to find someone with a proven clone.  If you can't find anyone, perhaps high cbd hemp seeds would be a good option.

For extraction, I dry the flowers, break them into small nugs, decarboxylate in the oven, then do an ethanol extraction to make RSO.  The RSO can then be infused into oil.  I've been meaning to pick up a source turbo to make things easier, but they're $600.

I'm not sure you'll be able to find a complete guide from grow to lotion, you're better off focusing on the grow first and the lotion later.

I really appreciate the time you took to reply to my question. This will definitely help me mentally organize the different steps and a great mental starting point. Thanks

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck