Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinemarkalbob
Stranger
 User Gallery
spots on leaves, in grow tent
    #843100 - 02/14/20 11:44 AM (4 years, 2 months ago)

I am new, I suspect this is a newbie question and even suspect I know what is wrong already, but I wanted to ask a few folks here without blurting, to see if their suggestions match my own:

Bubblebum auto, about 4 weeks in.  Plant is maybe 6-8" high, growing in a 7-gallon fabric pot. 

Pot lit with LEDs about 14" above the plants, 20-4 grow cycle. 

Plant grown with well water, Happy Frog soil.  Only fertilizer has been a pretty light dosing of Big Blooms and Buds Grow Stage, 2x so far.  Growth is upright, strong (not limp) but LOWER leaves spotting upper appear fine (at least for now.)  No Ph, nute analysis, etc. done beyond the grow stage addition, thinking (well, WAS thinking) that nutes should be largely ok given this is like a 8-10-week grow.

But here we are now, can folks let me know what they think is up?  Btw, spots are present on bottom of the leaves, just not as pronounced.

Thoughts?  Thank you all in advance...

Edited by markalbob (02/14/20 11:47 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTheDudeness
Stranger
Re: spots on leaves, in grow tent [Re: markalbob]
    #843283 - 02/25/20 09:19 PM (4 years, 1 month ago)

Using well water can be great. But it can also introduce unwanted issues. Such as too much calcium. Which too much calcium can lock out other nutes and cause a plethora of deficiencies that can be very difficult to pin point. And can also introduce certain pest and disease.  So identifying this issue can be difficult. It looks somewhat like chem burn but also looks like it could be over watering and nutrient lockout. I personally would switch to purified bottled water or filtered water if well water is your only source of water. If not I'd just simply switch to tap water. But since it seems your trying for an organic grow with your soil choice. Purified or filtered is your best bet to keep your microbes alive. After the switch if no improvement can be seen in a few days.  I would then try to pinpoint further from there. Rust, nutrient deficiencies and necrosis are some Google terms I'd investigate as well.  Hope this helps

OfflineCannabrainz
Grower
Male

Re: spots on leaves, in grow tent [Re: TheDudeness]
    #843563 - 03/10/20 12:09 PM (4 years, 1 month ago)

It's a MG or P deficiency.

MG deficiency usually occurs when you up the pk's in soil. Epsom salt or a cal mag supp with the big bloom should help.

Also run a fulvic acid and always check your ec/tds and PH.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds