Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinemycomaster_420
God amongst men
Male User Gallery

HELP!!! Burnt Rubber Concentrate
    #840185 - 12/14/19 03:58 PM (4 years, 3 months ago)

So I recently came across some concentrate (Sour Diesel Shatter) that looks great, smells great, and has a very nice potency....HOWEVER, the exhale has a taste of burnt rubber. I'm relatively new to the science of concentrates, so my question is this:

Is there a product (terpenes, flavonoids, etc.) that I could add to make this taste better and not like a burnt NASCAR tire? Anybody have any experience with this? Or know of a product like this? Any enlightenment would help.

A point in the right direction would be much appreciated. Thanks Growery.

--------------------
Everything I post is in fact entirely fictional

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNiceBryce
Stranger

Re: HELP!!! Burnt Rubber Concentrate [Re: mycomaster_420]
    #840255 - 12/15/19 06:13 PM (4 years, 3 months ago)

As for tasting a NASCAR type of way, it sounds like you don't completely agree with how that specific concentrate is and that is fine, use a different brand and keep this one on the back burner, maybe it could use a couple months in a dark and cold space to burp and cure out a little longer. It is highly plausible that dabbing this concentrate you are mentioning is made up of a Terpine Profile that is extremely harsh, like a sour diesel on steroids. Notice I didn't give the strain name a proper noun function because any grower can name any plant a "sour diesel" and is not special. Just because my name is Bryce doesn't mean other people can have my name and therefore they must be my identical clone. On the flip side, print out on paper a couple pictures of this in it's package and by itself and then right the notes of how it tastes on the back and your comments. Take this to the dispo you got it at and talk to people about how it tastes and see if others agree with it tasting weird but, don't take the actual concentrate to the dispo because it is illegal to take cannabis into dispensaries (I worked at a corporate weed dispo for three days and was fired for getting high off the clock, I should know what is illegal and what isn't. They had me take online courses, study how to treat costumers, and understand the law)
Also, specifically what type of concentrate is this that you are talking about because many concentrates are slurry's rendered out of butane, propane, and CO2 extraction and then lightly and openly cooked afterwords to evaporate the solvent, therefore; this batch you smoked could have been made impatiently and without virtue and they might have paid ill attention to evaporating the extracting substances used, at which case: put this concentrate on a very sterile frying type pan preferably cast iron because then you won't need to add coconut oil, and let it openly cook on the stove top without anything covering it on low-medium low heat to even medium heat (it's just that you have such a small amount that low will probably get it steaming which is what we want); and lightly stir it the entire time, keep it under your supervision and after stirring with something either wooden or rubber, so as you don't scrape the cast iron and unintentionally add metal shrapnel into your prized possession let it become less H20 and less of the solvent by causing heat induced evaporation. If the gassy flavor is still there after collection, letting it cool, and inhalation; then it might be part of the Terpine Profile which means your olfactory system is picking up on specific flavanoids, cannabinoids, and terpenes which are non-toxic and just psychedelic because yes cannabis is a hallucinogen making you notice reality in a different perceptual analysis.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order