Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineSham87
マリオ
Male

Re: What is up? [Re: Data]
    #839029 - 10/08/19 01:40 PM (4 years, 5 months ago)

cant wait to watch yer life reel then...

Quote:

Data said:
Nom nommin on some snacks and watching shitty horror movies :dancingshroom:

any youd recommend?

--------------------
...once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Loc: Southwestern US Flag
Re: What is up? [Re: Sham87]
    #839030 - 10/08/19 02:37 PM (4 years, 5 months ago)

I thought Hereditary was pretty unnerving. I couldn't figure out what was happening until the last 15 minutes or so of the film.

That director has another film out that I'm dying to see called Midsommer. Apparently the main characters are doing some sort of hallucinogen and attending some scandanavian festival for the bulk of the film, so it's a horror film with oddly bright, colorful, and upbeat scenes.

There's also a decent french show called Marriane on Netflix that I thought was pretty good. If you haven't tried it, The Haunting of Hill House was pretty good too.

Full disclosure : I'm not a huge fan of gore, and tend to prefer suspense and psychological horror over the traditional blood and guts horror flick. My picks are biased because of that :shrug:

Feel free to offer up suggestions, I'm always up for some new movie material :dancingshroom:

--------------------
“The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you” -NDT

OfflineTwinkleDonkey
Stranger

#839031 - 10/08/19 06:36 PM (4 years, 5 months ago)

the hills have eyes, the purge  :facepalm:

Invisiblepoor boy
Village Idiot
 User Gallery

#839032 - 10/08/19 08:33 PM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Data said:
I thought Hereditary was pretty unnerving. I couldn't figure out what was happening until the last 15 minutes or so of the film.

That director has another film out that I'm dying to see called Midsommer. Apparently the main characters are doing some sort of hallucinogen and attending some scandanavian festival for the bulk of the film, so it's a horror film with oddly bright, colorful, and upbeat scenes.

There's also a decent french show called Marriane on Netflix that I thought was pretty good. If you haven't tried it, The Haunting of Hill House was pretty good too.

Full disclosure : I'm not a huge fan of gore, and tend to prefer suspense and psychological horror over the traditional blood and guts horror flick. My picks are biased because of that :shrug:

Feel free to offer up suggestions, I'm always up for some new movie material :dancingshroom:

My chick saw it and said it was garbage. There was no real story line and nothing happens until the last 10 min.

--------------------
Learning to love life by living through loss and mistakes
Lessons learned then gradually surfacing, Letting go, stripping naked to scream
I am not perfect nor do I strive to be, I am alive in this world of face first falls and public breakdowns
I'm a retarded, disfigured clown
Dying to be heard through the simple art of letting this heavy wall finally fall
I'm an equal being of no race, or color, a hallucination if you will
Sneaking into the lives of strangers, and letting them fall apart to a new rhythm just to feel better

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Re: What is up? [Re: poor boy]
    #839033 - 10/08/19 10:37 PM (4 years, 5 months ago)

:shrug::pipesmoke:

--------------------

Invisiblepoor boy
Village Idiot
 User Gallery

#839034 - 10/09/19 06:53 AM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Everyone is different. You might like it...

--------------------
I am not perfect nor do I strive to be, I am alive in this world of face first falls and public breakdowns
Dying to be heard through the simple art of letting this heavy wall finally fall
Sneaking into the lives of strangers, and letting them fall apart to a new rhythm just to feel better

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Re: What is up? [Re: poor boy]
    #839035 - 10/09/19 11:14 AM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Does your lady like The Shining or 2001 : A Space Odyssey? I just saw Midsommer last night, and I thought it was pretty decent (not quite as good as Heriditary). They both have pretty developed storylines, but IMO they aren't as obvious with what's going on as most movies are.

I like Kubrick and Lovecraft, so I think my preference is for that type of unnerving dread from knowing that something is seriously wrong but not knowing exactly what it is or when it'll show up. The drawn out scenes that seem like nothing can sometimes pull out a discomfort that combines with the 'music'that Kubrick and Aster use, and turns to that same sense of dread.

Idk, I love it...but I've also found that my preferences for movies are pretty different from most of my friends and family :shrug:

--------------------

OfflineTwinkleDonkey
Stranger

#839036 - 10/09/19 04:30 PM (4 years, 5 months ago)

the shining was creepy, acting well done, felt authentic

Invisiblepoor boy
Village Idiot
 User Gallery

#839037 - 10/11/19 07:38 AM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Data said:
Does your lady like The Shining or 2001 : A Space Odyssey? I just saw Midsommer last night, and I thought it was pretty decent (not quite as good as Heriditary). They both have pretty developed storylines, but IMO they aren't as obvious with what's going on as most movies are.

I like Kubrick and Lovecraft, so I think my preference is for that type of unnerving dread from knowing that something is seriously wrong but not knowing exactly what it is or when it'll show up. The drawn out scenes that seem like nothing can sometimes pull out a discomfort that combines with the 'music'that Kubrick and Aster use, and turns to that same sense of dread.

Idk, I love it...but I've also found that my preferences for movies are pretty different from most of my friends and family :shrug:

Yeah, she likes the shinning, but I'm not sure about space Odyssey.

I did bring up Midsommer to her again and she did say she was going to give it a second chance. I guess she didn't finish it.

Have you seen the Jim Carrey deep fake videos? He does the shinning.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Bulk Cannabis Seeds