Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineLil peep
Stranger
First grow! Kinda...
    #838891 - 09/23/19 09:08 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

So my friend gave me this plant because he couldn't take care of it anymore,

It was planted late in the season and in a shady wooded area I've had it for a few weeks now and it seems to be doing alot better,  I'm thinking of bringing it indoors because I live in the North East just collecting all the equipment first. Not sure if I'd be able to put it back in veg to get it to grow more or if I should just let it flower when I bring it in. Any tips? I just have it outdoors in regular potting soil with no fertilizer just giving it regular tap water.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineyoosername
Strange

Loc: Somewhere under the Sun
Re: First grow! Kinda... [Re: Lil peep]
    #838901 - 09/24/19 04:53 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

I would just finish it outdoors.  Even if it doesn't produce shit, just consider it a learning experience.  You don't want to bring outdoor plants inside, as this will lead to bug/mite infestations.

If you want to start an indoor garden, be prepared to spend some money on it, but also be aware that all that money will be wasted if you don't do things right.  You have to learn as you go, but a little time spent researching topics such as lighting or soil beforehand will go a long way towards a successful harvest.

First thing to do is come up with a budget.  You'll need a light, tent, inline fan, soil, pots and saucers, as well as a few other odds and ends.

For your first grow, I'd recommend a smaller space such as a 2x4 to keep costs down.  A 4x4 tent would be good if you wanted room to expand later, but plan on only using half the space for your first run. 

As far as lights go, top of the line LEDs are the most expensive upfront, but more efficient in the long run.  If you can DIY, two of these would flower a 2x4 optimally on a 320 watt driver.

Since you're currently doing water only soil, I'd recommend you look into the no-till methods here.  Read up on top dressing and check out the soil mix on the first page.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Cultivation Supplies