Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLorax anthrax
Stranger with a wang-gerrr

Official Cannabis/Marijuana cultivation general discussion Thread
    #837187 - 04/18/19 03:13 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Hello, this thread is for your questions that dont really need a whole thread.
Ask any an all cult questions, hopefully in a single thread some higher frequency of replys can get going and also have a treasuretrove of up to date info!

As time goes on ill add links to the main op so old questions wont get repeated to much an quick refference, feel free to make suggestions!

Please post pics with your questions!

You do not need to ask a question if you have something informative to add or let people know about.

Its spring time folks start your seeds! :ganja:  :ganja:  :ganja:  :ganja:

--------------------
I am the Lorax, i speak for the trees for they have no voice of their own...

Roundup gives you cancer!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLorax anthrax

Re: Official Cannabis/Marijuana cultivation general discussion Thread [Re: Lorax anthrax]
    #837409 - 05/02/19 02:39 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

I'll start chickens.

How can avoid mold when taking clones? Dipping it in diluted fungicides?

This tip broke off during lst, i planted it in unpasteurized peat moss (jiffy mix).

I guess im dumb for not et least sunbaking it in a black bag.
I think putting a GE port (gas exchange) would also be agood idea.

Heres the poor thing, i dont think she'll pull through.

--------------------

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Loc: Southwestern US Flag
Re: Official Cannabis/Marijuana cultivation general discussion Thread [Re: Lorax anthrax]
    #837473 - 05/05/19 12:54 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Lorax anthrax said:
Hello, this thread is for your questions that dont really need a whole thread.
Ask any an all cult questions, hopefully in a single thread some higher frequency of replys can get going and also have a treasuretrove of up to date info!

As time goes on ill add links to the main op so old questions wont get repeated to much an quick refference, feel free to make suggestions!

Please post pics with your questions!

You do not need to ask a question if you have something informative to add or let people know about.

Its spring time folks start your seeds! :ganja:  :ganja:  :ganja:  :ganja:

The description of this sub forum is "Discussion on all aspects of the art and science of cultivation". There is no minimum threshold for a question relevant to the forum.

Also, there is no need for a summary of previously answered questions, there is a search tool included with the site to help you find what you want if it exists.

As an example...using the search bar (top right) I found a tutorial on cloning, specifically pointing to the need for sterile and/or inert medium, properly sterilized tools, and a well planned workspace and recovery area for cloning and recovery for the clones. All of this will help reduce the occurance of mold and the loss of clones.

I like where your head's at, but this thread is a little redundant. :shrug:

--------------------
“The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you” -NDT

OfflineLorax anthrax

Re: Official Cannabis/Marijuana cultivation general discussion Thread [Re: Data]
    #837491 - 05/06/19 12:07 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Is there descisson there? The bad part of this site is theres no discussion.  Without that nothing is really gonna advance or streamline.

If i wanted to learn that way i would just download abunch of pdf files.

Is there a page were people talk here an still post pics? I looked in journals and those are so damn old.

I was more looking for sonething i can dip the cuttings in that wont burn.

Im gonna try char, ive never seen mold grow on char.

--------------------

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Loc: Southwestern US Flag
    #837496 - 05/06/19 05:30 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

This site is slow, so you won't see the fast-paced discussion that you'd expect to see somewhere else.

And I don't really see where you've actually posted any new threads asking for help. There are a few questions kinda smushed into some of your existing threads, but browsing users looking to help out growers aren't going to know you're having a problem or asking a question if its buried in a thread where the title suggests that you are merely showing off your grow. Different topics usually require different threads.

If you're patient, phychotron will appear and bless your thread with wisdom. There are a few other users floating around in the cultivation forums, but unless you specifically have a proposed new method, theres probably an answer in the years of forum activity that works really well. Thus, not a whole lot of discussion to be had on the matter. If you have new ideas, try them and post your results, good or bad, to add to the knowledge base of what works and what doesn't.

That's not to say that good discussion can't be had, it's just slower here, what's in the forum archives is good info, and patience is necessary.

:shrug:

--------------------
“The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you” -NDT

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official Cannabis/Marijuana cultivation general discussion Thread [Re: Data]
    #837504 - 05/06/19 09:07 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

First thing I thought when I read the title of this thread was "I'm not gonna want to read this blob of chaos." The concept of one super thread is cool but they're never that cool. You end up with pages of 2-word replies and simple praise instead of discussion. I personally was never a fan of sorting through a 20 page thread with a few hundred different posters all chipping in in different directions when I was searching for knowledge. Its especially confusing when your trying to follow one specific poster who doesn't have a distinct enough avatar. And if two or more people don't have an avatar you'll spend most your time trying to figure out who's contributing to the conversation. They're hard enough following on a single issue, imagine 20+ different subjects all being discussed simultaneously.

People ask the same question over and over again because it was too hard to read the whole thing to extract information.

This forum is the general discussion forum. We separate all the issues so its easier to follow.

The second thing I thought was "I need to close this thread." but didn't cause I figured it would fizzle out on its own. I still might close it. There are other ways to contribute to the site. If you want to start specific discussion about general topics then start a thread about it and run with that so it stays on topic. But simply posting a thread entitled "talk to me about hydroponics" will probably get little response compared to something like "a hydroponics overview" you've methodically authored.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Offlinestaytrippy420
Stranger

Loc: Van isle Flag
Re: Official Cannabis/Marijuana cultivation general discussion Thread [Re: phychotron]
    #837508 - 05/06/19 04:58 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Great thread idea! Now if only more people used growery  :frown:
Shroomery bumps, I don't understand why more people dont come here...

OfflineLorax anthrax

Re: Official Cannabis/Marijuana cultivation general discussion Thread [Re: phychotron]
    #837531 - 05/07/19 03:40 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Then there should be a sticky thread that has a compilation of teks at the top of the page since the search function is hit an miss.

But still that wont stimulate activity, maybe a bean an pollen give away for a grow along? For the good members that are lurking about.

Lol im suprised i got so much feed back so quickly. Come on tho dont let youtube kick yalls ass an be the authority on pot.

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #837534 - 05/07/19 06:34 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

If you want to compile a thread with a bunch of resourceful links I'll consider making it sticky.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

OfflineLorax anthrax

#837538 - 05/08/19 04:43 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Im not a tc or even vertaran pot grower, someone that knows what theyre talking about should do that.

If i do it its gonna take forever an ill need it proof read by a few tc's to make sure its all legit, up todate an not missing anything.

--------------------

OfflineSdudEval
Stranger
    #838045 - 06/02/19 09:37 PM (4 years, 9 months ago)

What's a good replacement for Bud Factor X now that it's discontinued?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom