Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblem00nshine
HEDONISMBOT
 User Gallery

Loc: INEUPHORIA
Scrog question
    #836941 - 04/05/19 06:17 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

So as far as I can gather, scrog is used to train the plants to grow horizontally and then used to support the branches of the plant during flowering.

I had planned to switch out the pots two more times; I wanted to transplant for vegging and then for flowering.

So can I easily remove the net before each transplant? I'd imagine I might have some trouble and could possibly damage my plants in the process. Should I only transplant once for both veg and flower? That way I could grow it out in the seedling stage without the net, and then install the net once the plants have been moved to the bigger pot for vegging. I wouldn't have to worry about removing the net for transplants, preventing any chance of damaging them.

So, should I transplant twice and remove the net each time, or should I transplant right into a large pot after the seedling stage to avoid rearranging my whole setup? How do people deal with transplanting when utilizing scrog?

Thanks bros!

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Scrog question [Re: m00nshine]
    #836957 - 04/05/19 01:34 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

you probably don't need to scrog before you transplant. If you just top it and do other low stress training till it gets to the final pot you'll be fine.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Invisiblem00nshine
HEDONISMBOT
 User Gallery

Re: Scrog question [Re: phychotron]
    #836968 - 04/06/19 04:30 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Cool, so essentially I'd only scrog when I get to the final transplant?

What if the plant droops to the side? Should I use one of those individual screen cones on the pot in order to straighten it? The plants stretched towards the CFL before I bought my led panel, and a few plants have toppled over the side of the pot. The stems are leaning on the ridge whilst the leaves are pointing towards the light. Should I just let them be for now? Thanks.

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Scrog question [Re: m00nshine] * 1
    #836969 - 04/06/19 06:03 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

bamboo poles can help.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Invisiblem00nshine
HEDONISMBOT
 User Gallery

Re: Scrog question [Re: phychotron]
    #837004 - 04/09/19 06:45 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

You're all about the bamboo, huh? :lol:

Well anyways, thanks for your input. I'll bump the thread if I end up having any more questions.
Although, I'd love other opinions. This place is nearly dead, though :sad:

:peace:

--------------------

OfflineIcetech
Stranger
Male

Loc: Detroit
Re: Scrog question [Re: m00nshine]
    #837006 - 04/09/19 07:06 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

m00nshine said:
You're all about the bamboo, huh? :lol:

Well anyways, thanks for your input. I'll bump the thread if I end up having any more questions.
Although, I'd love other opinions. This place is nearly dead, though :sad:

:peace:

As said above, low stress train, then scrog at the very end to help support the buds basically... google..
My plant on the right is all LST, i basically do it to get them all evenly apart and most tops to grow out..

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order