Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDeathByAstonishmnt
Stranger

perpetual harvest for autoflower - seed production?
    #834708 - 11/12/18 03:17 PM (5 years, 4 months ago)

I purchased some feminized seeds from a sponsor that seemed to have the qualities I wanted; but now I realize from threads here that cloning for auto-flower is at best, not recommended and at worst, impossible and defies the very laws of nature. :eek:

I guess if I want perpetual harvest, I need to have them produce seeds?

Some questions on seed production:

(1) https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Marijuana_Cultivation/Producing_Seeds - does anybody here successfully use methods other than the ones documented in this wiki?

(2) The above link recommends colloidal silver to suppress the female flowering hormones and allow the male flowing hormones to activate. I believe some vegetable disinfectants use colloidal silver - has anybody here used any specific brands with success for making feminized seeds?

(3) Any special care should be taken regarding the placement of male/female plants? I.e.
- just leave them all together in the same room (if I want seeds from all the females)
- need to be separated for some time, for some reason?

(4) Any special timing considerations, I.E. start growing both the converted male>female plant and the female plant at the same time, or do I need stagger them a bit to get the timing right for pollination?

(5) Let's say the cycle is successful and I am able to harvest seeds. Is the plant matter still useful for making Decarboxylated Canna-Oil? (Looking for CBD content specifically).

(6) Any guesstimates on how many seeds one can expect per plant? (I know it varies on genetics and conditions, just looking for a rough idea).

Apart from cloning and seed production, do any other options exist?

Thank you!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineyoosername
Strange

Loc: Somewhere under the Sun
Re: perpetual harvest for autoflower - seed production? [Re: DeathByAstonishmnt]
    #834710 - 11/12/18 06:26 PM (5 years, 4 months ago)

The only real way to clone autos is with tissue culture, which is expensive.  You are probably better off making seeds for now.

It sounds like you want to produce feminized seeds, so you'll need to self-pollinate each plant.  If you cross a female with a different female, you'll get regular seeds.

I would build mini isolation chambers for each plant you want to get feminized seeds from.  Plants will either produce a lot of seeds, or a lot of resin, depending upon how much pollination occurs. 

You can control this by collecting the pollen from one branch and applying it with a tiny paintbrush.  I would pollinate them at least 40 days before harvest.

OfflineRider420
Stranger

Re: perpetual harvest for autoflower - seed production? [Re: yoosername]
    #834715 - 11/13/18 09:10 AM (5 years, 4 months ago)

Depending on where you live its much better to buy a clone.

When I buy seeds I always find one female better then the rest and keep only her for the clone mother. Most clones have been chosen because they are best examples of their strain with higher THC levels, easier to grow and or trim and shorter finishing times.

FYI I've kept a clone mother for over ten years "sensi seeds Mr Nice" and still have fond memories of her buzz.:bigblunt:

I crossed some skunk letting the male live a little too long. Five plants produced about 2 thousand seeds. After that I always kept a sealed room for males and used qtips to transfer the pollen. One or two hundred seeds are more then enough for me.

Edited by Rider420 (11/13/18 09:16 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale