Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDeathByAstonishmnt
Stranger

multiple questions about SOG
    #834651 - 11/08/18 03:02 PM (5 years, 4 months ago)

Hello.

I've been spending hours on this site, hope somebody can help fill in some blanks for a SOG setup:

- lighting

I see the recommendation is 40w of light per sq foot, with HID being most preferred. I have 45w high-lumen (3k) energy-efficient "twister" bulbs. Would 1 of these per sq foot be ok to put plants directly to flowing in SOG?

- soil : gallon containers vs. solo cups

I saw some opinions on this but not much evidence swaying me either way. I'm guessing gallon containers could be more forgiving for noobs in terms of watering/nutrients/spacing?

- trimming

I see trimming is very important in SOG, but no specific guidance apart from maintaining a single "cola" per plant (I guess the main "trunk"?) . The pictures I see do show plants branching out a bit though. I take it that the guidance is to trim it just enough to keep them from overlapping, but no more than that - is that about tight? When trimming, trim the branches at any specific part?

Thanks!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Trusted Cultivator
Re: multiple questions about SOG [Re: DeathByAstonishmnt]
    #834653 - 11/08/18 06:34 PM (5 years, 4 months ago)

Lighting, no you need something more powerful. Also It's 50w per sq. ft. You can pick up a cheap 150w hps on ebay fo under 100. Not saying it won't grow. But the time and energy you're using would be way more beneficial with a HID. 

Soil- I've seen people do solo cups but that's cutting it pretty close. I would do gallon bags for a SOG.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds