Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecannabispatient
GOD
Male User Gallery
Grow Question
    #834319 - 10/20/18 09:36 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Hi,

Ok!
So I have a Cannaloupe Haze clone on it's way, and I am buying a great grow light as well.
It is an LED light and it grows plants perfectly from the research I've done.
My question was, can I simply shine this light on my plant 24 hours a day, and after a few months it will be ready to harvest?
Please forgive me if this question sounds ignorant, but I am not experienced in growing weed herb.
Or better yet, should I only shine light on the clone for 18 hours a day, for like two months?
And then change the cycle to 12 hours light and 12 hours dark?
What would be best?
Cannaloupe Haze is a 95% Sativa strain, and I will be growing this plant out from an 8-inch clone, indoors in my bedroom.
Thank you for your help everyone and have a great day.

--------------------
I am Jah Jesus Christ Snoop Doggy Dogg Burning Marijuana Tree Lord Shiva King Death Row Kambodia Allah Mahavishnu Masta Killa King Wu-Tang Gautauma Buddha Om Krishna.
My name is Nishith Vijay a.k.a. CannabisPatient

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Onlineyoosername
Strange

Loc: Somewhere under the Sun
Re: Grow Question [Re: cannabispatient]
    #834323 - 10/20/18 05:03 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Start the plant on 18/6 and let it grow until it develops a decent canopy, then flip to 12/12 for two months.
You will need a tent or closet to protect the plant from light during the dark cycle.

What kind of LEDs are you looking at?  You really don't want to skimp on the lights.

OfflineRider420
Stranger

Re: Grow Question [Re: yoosername]
    #834332 - 10/21/18 10:29 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

https://www.leafly.ca/news/growing/differences-growing-sativa-indica-hybrid-strains

Quote:

A primary joy that comes from growing cannabis yourself is that you get to pick the genetics that interest you. However, not all strains are created equal and depending on the genetics, the plant you want to grow could be a poor choice for your garden. Indicas, sativas, and the many hybrid strains in between all grow differently, take varying times to flower, and produce a different end product.

Traits of a typical indica cannabis plant:

Shorter flowering time
High yields
Effects: Sedating, relaxing
Symptom Relief: Anxiety, insomnia, pain, muscle spasms
Morphology: Short, bushy, broader leaves
Because of indica’s shorter flowering periods and higher yields, they have always been popular amongst growers. Shorter flowering periods mean plants mature and finish growing sooner than sativa strains. This allows outdoor gardens to exist in climates where fall turns to winter quickly. For indoor gardeners, this means more cycles annually. The higher yields also incentivize growers to work with indicas to increase profit margins. Additionally, a benefit of growing indicas is their short stature which is ideal for most gardens indoors and out where space is limited and direct sunlight is a top priority.

Traits of a typical sativa cannabis plant:

Longer flowering time
Low yields
Effects: Uplifting, creative, cerebral
Symptom Relief: Depression, ADD/ADHD, fatigue, mood disorders
Morphology: Tall, lanky, thin leaves
Sativa genetics come from near the equator, where the summers are long and the winters are mild. Sativas grow long, lanky, and take their time to finish. Generally, they are not a first pick for gardeners as their height is difficult indoors while their lower yields make for a reduced profit. However, if you are more interested growing as a connoisseur you might take great pleasure from exploring the sativa strains and the varying effects.

For a first grow I would recommend an indica for the above reasons. Pure sativa flower by age of the plant rather then light cycle but even 5% of indica is enough for the plant to flower by changing the light cycle from 18 hours to 12 hours. FYI running a light for 24 hours is not cost effective because even plants need to sleep.

I would flower a sativa at 10 to 12 inches. You will need to top the plant repeatedly to shorten its height and to make it more bushy.:goodluck:

Offlinecannabispatient
GOD
Male User Gallery
Re: Grow Question [Re: Rider420]
    #834385 - 10/24/18 06:48 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks for the help you guys.
I will be purchasing a $25 LED grow light which I will be using to grow this clone.
It received great reviews on Amazon.com from customers who bought it, so I am confident that I will be able to grow a nice small plant with it, and hopefully get an ounce of dried material from it when it is finished.
The person who I am buying the clone from told me that it is nearly impossible to get clones or seeds that are 100% sativa, is this true?
So she recommended to me that I buy the cannaloupe haze strain which is 95% sativa.
It's only $20 and is a full nine inches tall approximately.
Is this a good price?
And will my $25 LED grow light be sufficient to grow a nice clone to maturity?
Thanks again for all of the help.
I will be beginning this project at the start of next month, in November.

--------------------
I am Jah Jesus Christ Snoop Doggy Dogg Burning Marijuana Tree Lord Shiva King Death Row Kambodia Allah Mahavishnu Masta Killa King Wu-Tang Gautauma Buddha Om Krishna.
My name is Nishith Vijay a.k.a. CannabisPatient

OfflineRider420
Stranger

Re: Grow Question [Re: cannabispatient]
    #834404 - 10/26/18 10:54 AM (5 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

And will my $25 LED grow light be sufficient to grow a nice clone to maturity?

No

https://www.growlights.ca/growlights/grow-light-kits/400-watt-dimmable-wing-reflector-kit.html

The better choice is above HID that uses and comes with both MH and HPS bulbs. That way your able to dim the 400  to 250 or 100 when in veg and using the MH bulb then back up to 400 watts HPS bulb for flowering and you will get a good yield. All for 160 bucks Canadian.

FYI sensi seeds mother's finest would be a better choice of sativa for you, it's buzz is pure sativa in nature yet grows like an indica and will finish in 9 weeks of flowering instead of the 16 weeks for real sativas.

InvisibleSonicTitan
Stranger
I'm a teapot

#834423 - 10/27/18 07:18 PM (5 years, 4 months ago)

Would it be okay to go from led to hps, or would it be ideal to cycle from veg to flowering with two of the lights linked above?

OfflineRider420
Stranger

Re: Grow Question [Re: SonicTitan]
    #834437 - 10/28/18 03:54 PM (5 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

SonicTitan said:
Would it be okay to go from led to hps, or would it be ideal to cycle from veg to flowering with two of the lights linked above?

Its okay to use LED for veg and add HPS when flowering. I use a 400w MH while in veg then add a 400 HPS when I start to flower. Remember when you switch from 18 to 12 hours of light you need to add more light to compensate for the lost time if you want your plants to continue to grow at the same rate.

InvisibleSonicTitan
Stranger
I'm a teapot

#834439 - 10/28/18 04:36 PM (5 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks for the reply, I just joined last night because I'm trying to set up a small closet grow. It's enough space for 3 to 4 plants on one side in veg and the same on the other side for flowering.
Now I've been research I g for led and QB v2 I believe seems like a god light to use. I'd be running two 135w on each side. Been asking a few people on shroomery but feel I may get a more in-depth knowledge on here.
Is it also possible to run a single vent for both veg and flowering or will I need to set up two separate in line fans to filter out the smell and keep air flow? Or could I split one duct to both sides and just run it above each section?

Sorry for the lack of knowledge. I have been growing outdoors for years and greenhouse but indoor is a completely new to me. My current location prevents any type of outdoor grows :/

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals