Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBlueDisa
Friend
Loc: South Africa Flag
Homegrown feminised autoflowering seeds?
    #834230 - 10/08/18 12:02 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Hello there

Due to the high costs of good seeds in my country I will be trying to grow my own.

Reason I need seeds is because I intend to grow autoflowering varieties so obviously can't choose a mother plant for cuttings.

I have got 3 fem autoflowering plants (all different varieties), all just sprouted a day or two ago.

I want to take a cutting from each plant (at a later stage), place cuttings in separate places and use colloidal silver to induce pollen on each of the "cutting plants" in order for them to produce some seeds.

I do not need much seeds so I am fine with the cutting staying relatively small and not growing much before flowering.

I need to know if this idea will work in order to have my own autoflowering feminised seeds? Am I correct to assume that the genetics of each plant should virtually stay the same in the resulting seeds?

Input appreciated. Thanks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Homegrown feminised autoflowering seeds? [Re: BlueDisa]
    #834231 - 10/08/18 08:48 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

You're better off dedicating one branch on one or all plants. Just make sure not to get any spray on the other branches. And once the pollen is released. You must toss that branch as it's not wise to smoke those buds ddue to the CS. And no genetics will all be different per seed. If you want the same genetics you would need to clone. Which is hard with autos as you can't do it the traditional way by just using cuttings. You would have to clone via tissue culture

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Homegrown feminised autoflowering seeds? [Re: Deadkndys420]
    #834232 - 10/08/18 08:55 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Btw with autos you get best results with light schedule of 18 hrs or more throughout the whole grow (veg and flower)

OfflineBlueDisa
Friend
    #834233 - 10/08/18 11:19 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

I will be growing outdoors, so I am a bit concerned that the wind will cause the entire crop to be pollinated if I just use a branch on my plant.

It is my plan to place cuttings somewhere else and collect pollen, then manually apply pollen to only selected parts of the plants.

If genetics will be different, will I end up with photoperiod plants instead of autoflowers? Will the resulting seeds just be normal instead of feminized seeds? I intend on keeping all the strains pure, no crossing if I can help it.

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Homegrown feminised autoflowering seeds? [Re: BlueDisa]
    #834236 - 10/08/18 01:48 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

If that's the case then cut the branch once pollen sacs start opening. Then place in some water (change water every 12-24 hrs). Have your container on top of some glass so its easier to collect the pollen. Then Air dry for a few days so it can be stored or used.  And no you'll still have auto following seeds. Just genetics will vary from seed to seed. Also no as long as the CS affected the female plant then that pollen will be feminized as there's no male chromosome.

OfflineBlueDisa
Friend
    #834246 - 10/08/18 11:35 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Thank you very much for your advice, I will follow! :smile:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale