Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinetrippinballs420
Tits Mcgee
Male

Loc: Colorado Flag
Long distance clone transportation
    #832974 - 05/05/18 10:24 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Hey all! :hi: haven't been around the growery in a few years....finally thinking about getting back into it, still have most of my equipment even! So last summer I was in Eugene and got some flower from a dispensary and I NEED MORE!!! It smelled so scrumptious, looked gorgeous....i couldnt resist....it was cookies n cream.

this summer I'm gonna take a big road trip a hit a few Dead&Company shows, one being in Eugene. This dispensary sells clones of their Cookies n Cream, so my goal is to grab a few and take them with me for a few shows, however it will be about 8-10 days from the time i pick them up from the dispensary to the time i get back to my place in CO.

ive got airbnbs set up for the whole trip, so they wont be like sitting in my truck for any period of time other than while driving but what would you guys suggest i do to get them back with me?

i did some searching and found methods of people shipping them, and found people taking fresh cuttings and putting them in a fridge for a couple weeks and them still rooting, but these will be rooted cuttings i assume in rockwool like everywhere else does it.

im thinking maybe if i take a 100w equivalent CFL with 6500k temp and set the clones on a counter next to a lamp with that in it and keep them wet the whole time they should be straight...i guess im gonna have to take a ph meter and ph up/down too in that case right?

maybe some FF big bloom?

ill be driving through almost all legal states until the very end too, so im thinking ill just keep them in a cardboard box on the floor of the back seat of the truck while driving so they get a tiny bit of indirect sunlight. i do have a power inverter though and could set up the lamp to keep light on them while driving too.

what do you guys think?

ahhh just thinking about planning growing again has me pretty excited!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRider420
Stranger

Re: Long distance clone transportation [Re: trippinballs420]
    #832978 - 05/06/18 07:25 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Your going to risk jail for clones you can buy in your own state?

http://denverclonestore.com/denver-clone-store-difference/

Cookie Krypt

I guess you must really like that clone FYI have it mailed to you it might not be totaly legal but its a lot less risky since both states have legal cannabis and it can be mailed overnight.

Offlinetrippinballs420
Tits Mcgee
Male

Re: Long distance clone transportation [Re: Rider420] * 1
    #832980 - 05/06/18 10:57 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

I'm not debating why I'm doing this or whether it's a smart idea. I'm going to be in legal states 95% of the time so driving around with it won't matter and I could hypothetically drop them in the mail in NV and get them back to CO without personally transporting through an illegal state....some of us lived life similarly even when it was illegal, so legality isn't much of an issue to a lot of us when it comes to MJ.

The link you posted doesn't even have the strain I was looking for. Cookie krypt is not cookies n cream, which isn't a popular strain here. Yes I have found it but it's not the same pheno that I crave

There are different phenos of different strains and the only way to guarantee genetics is cloning; hence why I want to get clones from them and transport them back with me....and yes i do REALLY like this pheno :lol:

Looking for tips on transporting clones long distances over about 7-8 days

Edited by trippinballs420 (05/06/18 11:46 AM)

OfflineRider420
Stranger

#832996 - 05/06/18 01:49 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

trippinballs420 said:
I'm not debating why I'm doing this or whether it's a smart idea. I'm going to be in legal states 95% of the time so driving around with it won't matter and I could hypothetically drop them in the mail in NV and get them back to CO without personally transporting through an illegal state....some of us lived life similarly even when it was illegal, so legality isn't much of an issue to a lot of us when it comes to MJ.

The link you posted doesn't even have the strain I was looking for. Cookie krypt is not cookies n cream, which isn't a popular strain here. Yes I have found it but it's not the same pheno that I crave

There are different phenos of different strains and the only way to guarantee genetics is cloning; hence why I want to get clones from them and transport them back with me....and yes i do REALLY like this pheno :lol:

Looking for tips on transporting clones long distances over about 7-8 days

That's so sad you have to go to another state to find good weed eh. That sucks. :goodluck:

Offlinetrippinballs420
Tits Mcgee
Male

Re: Long distance clone transportation [Re: Rider420]
    #832997 - 05/06/18 02:05 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

:lol: why are you trying to be a dick?

it has nothing to do with "good" weed or "bad" weed....i can find plenty of genetics in the high 20s and 30s....it has to do with specific genetics/traits that i want.

do you even grow?

OfflineRider420
Stranger

#833000 - 05/06/18 03:15 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

trippinballs420 said:
:lol: why are you trying to be a dick?

it has nothing to do with "good" weed or "bad" weed....i can find plenty of genetics in the high 20s and 30s....it has to do with specific genetics/traits that i want.

do you even grow?

Ya I've only been growing since 1982 and under HID lights since 1988, when were you born?

I get a kick out of people who are sure the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. Best of luck buddy hope your perfect strain is not just a pleasant memory like those who claim today's weed is less potent or not a good as "false" fond memories of their youth would have them believe. In other words hope your love of this weed isn't just the setting and the strain like so many others becomes just another past love affair. Man I really did love Mr Nice for years but MK-Ultra is better and so on.

BTW if you don't want other people being pricks don't be one yourself and stop telling others not to ask questions or have opinions.

Offlinetrippinballs420
Tits Mcgee
Male

Re: Long distance clone transportation [Re: Rider420]
    #833002 - 05/06/18 03:27 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

:lol: i dont believe a word you just said about growing since 82 when you cant seem to grasp that its not about a perfect strain or good weed or bad weed...its about preference of genetics and beauty and you clearly have no fucking clue. im not trying to find a perfect strain or something, its a strain that caught my attention and i would like to grow it out...if you had been growing since 82 you would understand that!

and you were the one that started off being a prick....i asked for advice on something, you came in and offered none, insinuated it was stupid to do what i was going to do, and then proceeded to tell me that its sad that i have to go to another state to find good weed

get the fuck outta here with your negativity

now if anyone actually has anything constructive to say id love to hear

edit: actually i believe that youve been growing since 82 but i dont beleive that youve enjoyed it one bit if you have been. if you had then you would understand what im talking about

Edited by trippinballs420 (05/06/18 03:35 PM)

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Trusted Cultivator
    #833004 - 05/06/18 05:58 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Check out clone shipper.

Offlinetrippinballs420
Tits Mcgee
Male

Re: Long distance clone transportation [Re: Deadkndys420] * 1
    #833006 - 05/06/18 07:08 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

damn, that is exactly what i was hoping for! everything i found on google was insanely outdated and i figured by now someone had to have made something to help with this.

now the next questions i would have, they say they are water tight...ill be on the road for 7 or 8 days with them, so should i be worried about mold? should i pop the top off and place them in indirect sunlight for the day? how much air exchange is needed? i assume since its meant for shipping its supposed to be 48ish hours without fucking with them but it says the LEDs on the new ones last 100 hours now...so not more than 4 days which isnt ideal for my application but i can take care of a little bit of light.

should i just be keeping the rockwool moist? spraying the inside of the dome of it to keep it humid once a day or so?

OfflineRider420
Stranger

#833024 - 05/08/18 03:16 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

trippinballs420 said:
:lol: i dont believe a word you just said about growing since 82 when you cant seem to grasp that its not about a perfect strain or good weed or bad weed...its about preference of genetics and beauty and you clearly have no fucking clue. im not trying to find a perfect strain or something, its a strain that caught my attention and i would like to grow it out...if you had been growing since 82 you would understand that!

and you were the one that started off being a prick....i asked for advice on something, you came in and offered none, insinuated it was stupid to do what i was going to do, and then proceeded to tell me that its sad that i have to go to another state to find good weed

edit: actually i believe that youve been growing since 82 but i dont beleive that youve enjoyed it one bit if you have been. if you had then you would understand what im talking about

SAJLMFAO Are you on your period or were you born this way?

Offlinetrippinballs420
Tits Mcgee
Male

#833025 - 05/08/18 04:04 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

You are pretty cool adding no substance to a conversation, claiming you know a bunch, and not offering any helpful advice. Glad you have so much free time

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Loc: Southwestern US Flag
Re: Long distance clone transportation [Re: trippinballs420] * 3
    #833026 - 05/08/18 07:59 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Let's try to keep conversation on-topic, and keep the shit-talking to a minimum.

For the record, most threads and discussion operate on this site under the assumption that all activities are being conducted in an area in which said activities are legal. Making it obvious that intended activities are not legal will naturally draw comments to encourage the poster to think through other, potentially more legal courses of action. This should not be viewed as "being a prick", but rather healthy discussion among a community that does not want to see another member get in trouble with the law.

Additionally, let's all keep in mind that tone and intent is fairly vague over text. The cult forum is also filled with busy problem solvers, and thus their responses may come off terse, when in fact they are just trying to get to the point.

Per the forum rules, we should all be adults here...let's act like it and get back to practical discussion.

:pipesmoke:

--------------------
“The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you” -NDT

OfflineRider420
Stranger

Re: Long distance clone transportation [Re: Data]
    #833063 - 05/12/18 10:48 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Data said:
Let's try to keep conversation on-topic, and keep the shit-talking to a minimum.

Additionally, let's all keep in mind that tone and intent is fairly vague over text. The cult forum is also filled with busy problem solvers, and thus their responses may come off terse, when in fact they are just trying to get to the point.

Per the forum rules, we should all be adults here...let's act like it and get back to practical discussion.

:pipesmoke:

Kudos buddy will do. :bigblunt:

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #833068 - 05/12/18 10:06 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Rider420 said:
Quote:

trippinballs420 said:

SAJLMFAO Are you on your period or were you born this way?

You were the one acting like an asshole. You didn't come off as terse, you came off as an asshole on it's period.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies