Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedesu
Naturally
Male

Advice and opinions on radio wave frequencies from ballasts
    #832953 - 05/04/18 02:05 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Hello everyone,

I hope you're having a blessed day and doing great out there. I have a quick question for someone more knowledgeable than me in this area.

Started out using CFL's, then moved to T5's, then I finally got an HPS with a digital ballast that was dimmable.

Everyone was happy my plants included for about a week but I noticed that I was having internet connection issues and my TV was messing up a lot. I have cable internet and TV if that matters.

Didn't put the new light and the symptoms of the others together until it was too late. Came home one day and noticed a cut wire laying in the ditch of my front yard by the road. Then one of the workers from the cable company just SHOWED UP with no warning advance or notice saying that they had been signaled that my cable was not functioning properly and they wanted to see what the issue was.

That's when it hit me, oh shit. So my ass panics and I try to seal everything up, turn off all lights, fans, close doors, stuff towels, light candles, everything. He said that it was a problem with the filter under the house and that it had gotten damaged wet and needed to be replaced. Yeah right, the problem ceased when I turned that ballast off. I knew what it was.

The question is I've been using LED's for the past few years since then and I'd really like a CMH or an HPS again but I'm scared shitless of someone getting another signal that there is some interference here and another person showing up. Hell, it might have even gave me a strike or put me on notice that if it happens again it might be because of you know what.

So does anyone have any input, advice, solutions, or options they could help me out with? It would be GREATLY appreciated.

Much love and thanks in advanced!

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleKenInVic
Tuk U 4:20/24/7/365
Male User Gallery

Loc: 3rd Rock from the Sun Flag
Re: Advice and opinions on radio wave frequencies from ballasts [Re: desu] * 1
    #832956 - 05/05/18 10:19 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

If you are on cable, it's a closed, shielded system.  No magnetic radiation is getting into it from your lights.  If you're running WiFi off the cable there may be magnetic interference but I seriously doubt it as your ballast is required to produce minimal interference by regulation.

If you have this level of paranoia, maybe this isn't the hobby for you.  Let the cable guy do the repairs and then go back about your business.  I think it is a coincidence myself but I have the luxury of living in a country where we're quite laid back, even when it wasn't this close to being legal.

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Advice and opinions on radio wave frequencies from ballasts [Re: KenInVic]
    #832957 - 05/05/18 10:35 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

KenInVic said:
If you are on cable, it's a closed, shielded system.  No magnetic radiation is getting into it from your lights.  If you're running WiFi off the cable there may be magnetic interference but I seriously doubt it as your ballast is required to produce minimal interference by regulation.

If you have this level of paranoia, maybe this isn't the hobby for you.  Let the cable guy do the repairs and then go back about your business.  I think it is a coincidence myself but I have the luxury of living in a country where we're quite laid back, even when it wasn't this close to being legal.

I'm going to have to agree.  I am currently running over 6,000 watts in my house, and there are absolutely no issues with any of my electronics.  So whatever issues you are experiencing really shouldn't be from your ballasts whatsoever.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineRider420
Stranger

Re: Advice and opinions on radio wave frequencies from ballasts [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #832959 - 05/05/18 10:46 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Magnetic ballasts do not cause radio interference and are easy to find. Early electronic ballasts have this issue but most new ones work fine however some new units still have this issue.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom