Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebittnerkd
Stranger
First time grow seems to be going great! Had to ditch the grow box and use my bathroom
    #830635 - 12/24/17 05:29 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

My main question is what should my humidity be. I’ve been budding for a couple weeks I had it at 50% through the month and a half of vegging

Hit me up with questions I want to learn more! Need to study cloning and get some clones going on the sink area

Edited by bittnerkd (12/24/17 05:33 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRider420
Stranger

Re: First time grow seems to be going great! Had to ditch the grow box and use my bathroom [Re: bittnerkd]
    #830671 - 12/26/17 03:46 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Clones should be taken while the mother plant is still in veg. The longer you flower the lower the odds of getting good clones in fact I've had strains all sativa that have flowered while still at 18-6.

Cloning cannabis is easy:
Step one take the cuttings off the mother at the end of the 18 hour light cycle. The cutting should have at least five nodes on it cut off the lowest one or two nodes braches and leafs. Its a good ideal to cut the clone again right before you put it in water other wise a air bubble will form. Check in one hour and recut any clones that are wilting. Let sit for six hours in total darkness with the stem and cut nodes submerged in water to allow the stem to form a soft tissue block where you cut it.

Note clone under weak lights like fluorescents or low power led lights 40 to 80 watts.

Step two coat stem and cut nodes with rooting hormone and place in your rooting medium rockwool cubes work great. Place in a humidification tent and spray with water twice on the first day then once a day for the next three days then spray only if they start wilting. On the tenth day remove the tent and start a 1/2 strength feeding regiment and in one to two weeks they are ready for HID lights. 

BTW 50% humidity in veg and for the first four to five weeks of flowering the last few weeks lower the humidity to about 40% supposedly this increases its potency.

Edited by Rider420 (12/26/17 04:20 PM)

OfflineTheman
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: First time grow seems to be going great! Had to ditch the grow box and use my bathroom [Re: Rider420]
    #831098 - 01/20/18 05:59 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

5 nodes!! What u crazy??  U read whatever tek u regurged wrong, the mother plant ur taking clones maybe. Infact we strip clones of all but its apical meristem aka node. Perhaps read 5 inches?

Anyhoo ya taking clones of flowering plants can be problimatic however if can sneak a few off that havent pushed out pistils or hairs near the bottom of tge plant it can help the success. 

Basically once flower is initiated u need to keep clones alive till they reveg at which point they can start to grow roots. So double or triples the time to actually root although all strains are little different. The sooner u attempt clone the better and lowest bracnhes less far along in flower. But as its ur first time trying may be bit hard.

Biggest things besides having high humidity is not to have tottaly wet rockwool. Moist but not heavy with water. And try keep things sterile.

OfflineTheman
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: First time grow seems to be going great! Had to ditch the grow box and use my bathroom [Re: Theman]
    #831099 - 01/20/18 06:03 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Also and dont follow that 1-2 weeks or spray exactly 1 time first 3 days lol.  As that is based on ideal conditions. Only feed omce have established roots ie can see them out the rockeool.  Do not spread rooting hormone up and down all nodes of ur plant.. anyway just dont listen to riders post and read rooti g tek posted in on the growery mainsite.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies